DAMN CONTRAPTION

Postby unjonharley » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 pm

Think it would be nice to have a drill in the tool box.. But recharging a 18 or 24 volt waste a bunch of juice.. Make 120 AC then resist down to 18 naw..

I have an old 12 volt drill, a poor deep cell marine and a old extention cord.. Cut the ends off the cord and rig it from the deep cell to the drill.. Little heavy getting to the job site.. But it kicks ass when you needa drill..
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby unjonharley » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Picture this on the LCN contraption..



Included Page: http://community.webtv.net/Abc104/doc1
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby LeChatNoir » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:54 pm

I'll reserve the carriage seat for the two of you.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
User avatar
LeChatNoir
 
Posts: 5831
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Postby unjonharley » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:19 pm

oops

I'l try again
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby unjonharley » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:24 pm

Wrong again
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby LeChatNoir » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:26 pm

Still getting nuttin'.

What is it? Giant magnifying lens and a can of beans?
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
User avatar
LeChatNoir
 
Posts: 5831
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Postby unjonharley » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:29 pm

LeChatNoir wrote:Still getting nuttin'.

What is it? Giant magnifying lens and a can of beans?


Can of bean is right.. To tiered.. Will try another time
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby unjonharley » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:38 pm

One more time.

http://community.webtv.net/Abc104/PoorMansSolorOven

There, Picture that..
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby LeChatNoir » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Wow... my guess was close!
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
User avatar
LeChatNoir
 
Posts: 5831
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Postby unjonharley » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Added some side clearance light..

Do not need to be run over..

Picture this..

http://community.webtv.net/Abc104/doc2
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby unjonharley » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:49 pm

The unjon dear is put away for the winter.. He has his own rain coat.
I explained to him that he was a big boy and could be outside. So the shop is clear for other hopes and dreams..

The playa bike is washed, oiled and hung up..
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Came by to pick you up, but you had r-u-n-n-o-f-t.

Forgot where you said the rusty junk was hidden, and figured it best to not go digging through your stuff. Didn't want to get my fingers caught in a muskrat trap or anything.

Just means we've both got to get back to the desert.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
User avatar
LeChatNoir
 
Posts: 5831
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Postby unjonharley » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 pm

LeChatNoir wrote:Came by to pick you up, but you had r-u-n-n-o-f-t.

Forgot where you said the rusty junk was hidden, and figured it best to not go digging through your stuff. Didn't want to get my fingers caught in a muskrat trap or anything.

Just means we've both got to get back to the desert.


In the mean time we can bat some ideas around here.. It was sitting on top of the trailer!!
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby jella » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:44 am

unjonharley wrote:The unjon dear is put away for the winter.. He has his own rain coat.
I explained to him that he was a big boy and could be outside. So the shop is clear for other hopes and dreams..

The playa bike is washed, oiled and hung up..


Does he have his steering wheel cozy to keep him warm though the winter ?
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
User avatar
jella
 
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:01 pm
Location: Escondido, California
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Postby unjonharley » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:37 pm

jella wrote:
unjonharley wrote:The unjon dear is put away for the winter.. He has his own rain coat.
I explained to him that he was a big boy and could be outside. So the shop is clear for other hopes and dreams..

The playa bike is washed, oiled and hung up..


Does he have his steering wheel cozy to keep him warm though the winter ?


Will post picture soon of the moop mobile and the wounderful basket liner you gave it..
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby unjonharley » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:15 am

Scored a 170$ compressor w/tank for $15. It's not what I want, but good trade stock.. She was cleaning out the X's stuff.. Only thing wrong with it is its al dusty..

I'm looking for a one piston (old rusty) compressor to run on the MV..

Been sorting and colecting junk for a quadricycle..
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby motskyroonmatick » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:41 pm

unjonharley wrote:I'm looking for a one piston (old rusty) compressor to run on the MV..


About what size Unjon? Old heavy truck or old beefy compressor? I'm imagining the ones with the cast iron 2 belt pulley. I might have some friends that have something like that in the junk pile. I'll ask around at fire drill.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
User avatar
motskyroonmatick
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:37 am
Location: Aurora Oregon
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby unjonharley » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:01 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:
unjonharley wrote:I'm looking for a one piston (old rusty) compressor to run on the MV..


About what size Unjon? Old heavy truck or old beefy compressor? I'm imagining the ones with the cast iron 2 belt pulley. I might have some friends that have something like that in the junk pile. I'll ask around at fire drill.


Can't be to large.. The old two pulley one is more what I had in mind.. Junk would be fine.. It will have to air up a small tank.. Need to operate a hoen or two and pump bike tires as gift.. It would make me happy if you find one for me..
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby motskyroonmatick » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:06 pm

unjonharley wrote:
motskyroonmatick wrote:
unjonharley wrote:I'm looking for a one piston (old rusty) compressor to run on the MV..


About what size Unjon? Old heavy truck or old beefy compressor? I'm imagining the ones with the cast iron 2 belt pulley. I might have some friends that have something like that in the junk pile. I'll ask around at fire drill.


Can't be to large.. The old two pulley one is more what I had in mind.. Junk would be fine.. It will have to air up a small tank.. Need to operate a hoen or two and pump bike tires as gift.. It would make me happy if you find one for me..


I'll see what I can do.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
User avatar
motskyroonmatick
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:37 am
Location: Aurora Oregon
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby unjonharley » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:11 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:
unjonharley wrote:
motskyroonmatick wrote:
unjonharley wrote:I'm looking for a one piston (old rusty) compressor to run on the MV..


About what size Unjon? Old heavy truck or old beefy compressor? I'm imagining the ones with the cast iron 2 belt pulley. I might have some friends that have something like that in the junk pile. I'll ask around at fire drill.


Can't be to large.. The old two pulley one is more what I had in mind.. Junk would be fine.. It will have to air up a small tank.. Need to operate a hoen or two and pump bike tires as gift.. It would make me happy if you find one for me..




I'll see what I can do.


Tanks, I'm cleaning out stuff.. I might fix up a colection of nut and bolts and spring and things for your repair camp 2011
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby motskyroonmatick » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:19 pm

unjonharley wrote:
motskyroonmatick wrote:
unjonharley wrote:
motskyroonmatick wrote:
unjonharley wrote:I'm looking for a one piston (old rusty) compressor to run on the MV..


About what size Unjon? Old heavy truck or old beefy compressor? I'm imagining the ones with the cast iron 2 belt pulley. I might have some friends that have something like that in the junk pile. I'll ask around at fire drill.


Can't be to large.. The old two pulley one is more what I had in mind.. Junk would be fine.. It will have to air up a small tank.. Need to operate a hoen or two and pump bike tires as gift.. It would make me happy if you find one for me..




I'll see what I can do.


Tanks, I'm cleaning out stuff.. I might fix up a colection of nut and bolts and spring and things for your repair camp 2011


Ha ha ha Unjon. That would be fantastic. I get as many fixes out of the dwindling supply of that stuff that I have as I do my welder. It is gold for me on playa. Planning on doing some hunting tomorrow.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
User avatar
motskyroonmatick
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:37 am
Location: Aurora Oregon
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby motskyroonmatick » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:42 am

Unjon,

I found a compressor for you. Not too small. Not to big. Single V pulley that is about a foot across. The compressor it's self is about 10 inches tall. 4 mounting bolt spots in the bottom. It makes that sucking and chug sound when I turn the pulley so I am fairly confident it works.

It does not have filter side or pressure side manifolds so I will have to make them which is really no big deal. I will make them with NPT threads so you can attach whatever you would like to to them. I don't have any gasket material but I am sure you know an old gasket trick or two. ...I am however a serious procrastinator so I hope to have the thing ready for you some time soon. I'll bring it down to Salem when I visit my sister and it is done. I'll be in touch at the appropriate time to get your address and set up a time.

Motz
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
User avatar
motskyroonmatick
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:37 am
Location: Aurora Oregon
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby unjonharley » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Bump this for myself..

Have to get to work on projects.. Still 15 degrees colder than normal around here.. Cats want to go back to the house as soon as we get in the shop.. Today he went out to roll on the sidewalk.. Two rolls and back in the warm house..
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby unjonharley » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 pm

?

:idea: Need a little help here.. :idea:

So if I have a mock up of a 1919/1920's delivery truck.

The theam is rite of passage..

With toung in cheek, What would this truck be delivering on the playa?

A punch line :idea: :idea:

Date could even be old england, hanson cabs, jack the ripper but before the roaring 20's..

Something twisted but not so much as a frat boy would miss the pun..

Dark to black humer, morbid.. :twisted: :twisted: Name the MV :?: :?:
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:51 pm

Change for sale?
Death's Black Popsicles?
Transformation something?
Metamorphosis?
That's all I got, baby. :)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
User avatar
Ugly Dougly
 
Posts: 16324
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Burning Since: 1996

Postby capjbadger » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:27 pm

"Pre-Therapy To-Go
Your one stop phobia shop"

Have it full of stuff like Spiders, Clowns, Clown spiders, Snakes, Aliens, Videos of people falling off buildings, Etc... All playing on video monitors and such. :D

http://psychology.about.com/od/phobias/ ... hobias.htm

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
User avatar
capjbadger
 
Posts: 2692
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Horus' Left Armpit
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby ygmir » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:25 am

maybe have a PA system playing a loop of a dentists drill sound?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25992
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby unjonharley » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:53 am

ygmir wrote:maybe have a PA system playing a loop of a dentists drill sound?



Maybe a old time medicine show :?: Dr unjon's Majic Elixir

This mock up is mounted on a trike back with open cab.. A roof over the driver.. ModelT styyle.. This will give a space for about 24x36 billboard..
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:53 am

Which rite of passage you like the best, Unjon?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
User avatar
Ugly Dougly
 
Posts: 16324
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Burning Since: 1996

Postby unjonharley » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:23 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:Which rite of passage you like the best, Unjon?


Wemen, Drugs and Song
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8807
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 Art & Performance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest