First 100% Drug Free Year For Burning Man

hmmmmm

Postby ETT » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:26 am

No drugs? Are you joking about that, or being serious, I hope that you are being sacrcastic. BRC, nor any city in the cosmos will EVER be drug free. :?:
ETT
ETT

Postby ETT » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:29 am

comical, this no drug that you speak of. So will center camp no longer be serving coffee? yes I agree we really must also curb our addiction to water.
ETT
ETT

Postby addison4 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:19 pm

I commend the no drugs.

I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen.
Register with "A 1776 Masquerade":
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEhqOU5LVUp2MVFXaXBPMmtOXy1SZXc6MA
addison4

Postby Mr. Lubey » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:08 pm

Its easy to say "no drugs next year" in september....
Mr. Lubey

Postby Bluemandrew » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:29 am

Mr. Lubey wrote:Its easy to say "no drugs next year" in september....

It's like waking up and claiming "I'm never drinking again."
Bluemandrew

Postby Gravybrain » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:06 am

Bluemandrew wrote:
Mr. Lubey wrote:Its easy to say "no drugs next year" in september....

It's like waking up and claiming "I'm never drinking again."

Tru dat.

To each his own, I doubt the 'no drugs' guy is drug-free. Probably smokes cigs and drinks coffee.
Bringing back mutant vehicle Beau Le' Phant the pink elephant for Burning Man 2012!
http://beaulephant.weebly.com
Gravybrain

Postby licious d » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:37 am

i respect anybodies decision to do or not do anything but the big thing here is to respect their decision :)
lil dub @ gNome dome!!
licious d

Postby unjonharley » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:18 am

Check out the 1939 movie, Reefer Madness.
unjonharley

Postby FIGJAM » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:25 am

Poor Ralph! :(
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby bluesbob » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:01 pm

I take lithium and trazadone for my bipolar disorder. Can I have a 92% drug free Burning Man?
"aw shucks.." - Eric
bluesbob

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV

Postby TomServo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:12 pm

What about aspirin?
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Galaxo Magic » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:59 pm

What about Postassium Iodide?
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

hmm

Postby skydance » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:49 pm

[quote="fbcota"]I also heard that there will be no drugs at Burning Man in 2011. I saw very little drug use in 2010 so I will go ahead and pledge that I will not do any drugs in 2011.

I say we all pledge, no drugs at BM 2011. Hmmm, I wonder if we can get the cops to not do drugs either?[/quote]

maybe we can get the cops to not sell drugs either
it doesn't matter who came up with the idea, but only the fact that it came up at all.
skydance

Re: hmm

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:58 am

skydance wrote:
fbcota wrote:I also heard that there will be no drugs at Burning Man in 2011. I saw very little drug use in 2010 so I will go ahead and pledge that I will not do any drugs in 2011.

I say we all pledge, no drugs at BM 2011. Hmmm, I wonder if we can get the cops to not do drugs either?

Well, since I only have money for ice when on the playa, I tend to not deal with the cops. Free drugs are the best, but I usually only accept them from good friends because you can get bad drugs from people you don't know. Only the best for me, potassium iodide, aspirin, wacky tabaccy, a little tequila, hmm, what is that, I'll try it once.....
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby fbcota » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:41 am

You guys kinda missed the boat on this one yea? Seems like there are a lot more "This is serious, I must attack responces" as opposed to "this is saracastic I must snark responces" with even less "Hey, maybe if we pretend not to do drugs less LEO will show responces".

Just saying, you know, less people saying they will do drugs, and less people getting arrested for doing drugs, and less attention to doing drugs means less people pushing to enforce drug laws means less enforcers of said drug laws,... a little misguided, sure,.... A fun snarky conversation, of course :).
fbcota

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:04 am

Galaxo Magic wrote:
skydance wrote:
fbcota wrote:I also heard that there will be no drugs at Burning Man in 2011. I saw very little drug use in 2010 so I will go ahead and pledge that I will not do any drugs in 2011.

I say we all pledge, no drugs at BM 2011. Hmmm, I wonder if we can get the cops to not do drugs either?

Well, since I only have money for ice when on the playa, I tend to not deal with the cops. Free drugs are the best, but I usually only accept them from good friends because you can get bad drugs from people you don't know. Only the best for me, potassium iodide, aspirin, wacky tabaccy, a little tequila, hmm, what is that, I'll try it once.....

"Ice", is that what they're calling it now?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby RangerTurtleDove » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:27 pm

fbcota wrote:You guys kinda missed the boat on this one yea? Seems like there are a lot more "This is serious, I must attack responces" as opposed to "this is saracastic I must snark responces" with even less "Hey, maybe if we pretend not to do drugs less LEO will show responces".

Just saying, you know, less people saying they will do drugs, and less people getting arrested for doing drugs, and less attention to doing drugs means less people pushing to enforce drug laws means less enforcers of said drug laws,... a little misguided, sure,.... A fun snarky conversation, of course :).

My thoughts after reading this thread, exactely. Also- a burning man with no coffee and cigarettes - everything would end up burning Monday Night!
RangerTurtleDove

Postby Fufa » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:37 am

fbcota wrote:
I (your name)
promise to eat
bar bee que unicorn
with a mind only altered
by the playa dust.
No concoction of illegal origin
will imbue my body
or temp the cops
to come back to
Burning Man again.

Dig in!
Fufa

Burning Since: 2010

Postby jonwells » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:20 am

[quote="fbcota"]
I say we all pledge, no drugs at BM 2011. Hmmm, I wonder if we can get the cops to not do drugs either?[/quote]

hillarious :-)
jonwells

we're going to need more seven gram rocks...Call Charlie.

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:05 am

*"we built this city, we built this city on Pure Cocaine....We built this city...we built this city on Pure Cocaiiiiiiiiiiiine"....

*overheard at the DPW sing-along camp....
one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Re: we're going to need more seven gram rocks...Call Charlie

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Roberto Dobbisano wrote:*"we built this city, we built this city on Pure Cocaine....We built this city...we built this city on Pure Cocaiiiiiiiiiiiine"....

*overheard at the DPW sing-along camp....

I always liked "Kumbaiah your day."
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

what?

Postby Noremac.Samoth » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:22 am

First im really confused...is that an actual rule or law that is put in place? Of course drugs are illegal, duh! Does that really mean no one is taking them?!?! hahaha ok sure. Second unicorns, though fun and magical, are very dry and tough and sorta stringy when cooked on open fire. They are better slow roasted in the oven like a turkey or pot roast. My family usually ate them for easter dinner.

thanks...and ya sure ill be sober the whole time. 8)
we are all one.
Noremac.Samoth

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: THE NEIGHBORHOOD

Postby Galaxo Magic » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Galaxo Magic wrote:
skydance wrote:

"Ice", is that what they're calling it now?

Yes, it's the coolest drug out there!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Galaxo Magic » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:19 pm

RangerTurtleDove wrote:
fbcota wrote:You guys kinda missed the boat on this one yea? Seems like there are a lot more "This is serious, I must attack responces" as opposed to "this is saracastic I must snark responces" with even less "Hey, maybe if we pretend not to do drugs less LEO will show responces".

My thoughts after reading this thread, exactely. Also- a burning man with no coffee and cigarettes - everything would end up burning Monday Night!

I have done 10 Burningmans with no coffee and no cigarettes. Never had a problem with waiting until Saturday to burn the phucker! :)
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Galaxo Magic » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Dr. Rockzo: "I do cocaine!"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaQHKQbXal0&feature=related[/youtube]

From Metalocalypse, I love this show.....
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby RangerTurtleDove » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:45 pm

Galaxo Magic wrote:
RangerTurtleDove wrote:

I have done 10 Burningmans with no coffee and no cigarettes. Never had a problem with waiting until Saturday to burn the phucker! :)

:roll: Well I was thinking more about the people that normally do smoke and drink coffee
RangerTurtleDove

Postby Galaxo Magic » Wed May 11, 2011 2:27 pm

RangerTurtleDove wrote:
Galaxo Magic wrote:
RangerTurtleDove wrote:

:roll: Well I was thinking more about the people that normally do smoke and drink coffee
:shock: Ah, yes, well, as my good friend Rosanne Rosannadanna once said 'Never mind'.
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Galaxo Magic » Wed May 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Fufa wrote:

Dig in!

I like the sparkles the bestest!!!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Marscrumbs » Sun May 22, 2011 5:01 pm

If your looking for Unicorn to take to Burning Man you can stop off at the Virgin Valley Nevada just north of the Black Rock Desert. They also have cool opals digs.
Marscrumbs

Postby Foxfur » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Marscrumbs wrote:If your looking for Unicorn to take to Burning Man you can stop off at the Virgin Valley Nevada just north of the Black Rock Desert. They also have cool opals digs.

I'm gonna do drug users this year. Major benefits in their taking my moop with them.

Ff
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 Theme