Orphan Camp forming

Postby VeganChoirGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:09 am

Packoderm wrote:
Trishntek wrote:Looks to me like maybe it should be called, "Procrastinators Camp"

Not true. Well maybe to a point. It's a very casually organized camp, and that seems to work well for us. Orphan Camp has morphed into Endorphin Camp with about 80%-90% of last year's Orphans having signed up to return in 2011 as Endorphins. We are planning to take on new Orphans into our camp, and we have a loosely laid out plan that these new members will graduate into full Endorphin status once they have fulfilled the one week Orphanship on the playa. Endorphin Camp is not run/owned by any one person, so some lag time in signing on new members might be excused. Things in our camp are run very loosely with no dues or anything like that, so you should be equipped to make it on your own if you find you strongly disagree with our vision once you're on the playa. Stay tuned here on eplaya in the next few days for the sign-up announcement for new members.

This reminds me of the start of Stag in '07. Love it.
Finally moving to SF...can't WAIT!
VeganChoirGirl

Postby Abigail J » Wed May 18, 2011 10:28 am

I like your tent.
Flies spread diseases; keep yours zipped.
Abigail J

Postby Alienhair » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:13 am

I want to join your camp, I'm travelling all the way from London, wont be able to drive in the states, any advice on getting there?!
Thanks!
LOVE
AlienHair
Alienhair

Postby Savannah » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:50 am

Hey Alienhair.

Arrange a rideshare from Reno or another city--once the Rideshare board flips over from 2010 to 2011:

http://rideshare.burningman.com

Make sure to leave a window of time to shop at one of Reno's many stores (there are 3 Wal Marts, for example, which you can google-map) for your food, water and supplies. I recommend bringing your goggles from home, though; they're small, they're not optional and they must fit.

You might even fly in a day early, do your shopping, sleep at a hotel, and be ready for your rideshare the next day. Depends on your budget and work-style.

If your rideshare falls through, don't panic. Reno to Burning Man is (apparently) the world's easiest hitchhike. But don't leave it up to chance if you have a choice.

The default expectation with rideshares is that they will drop you at a spot in the event, rather than invite you to camp with them. They might be able to get you back to Reno, or their schedule might not align with yours. Whatever happens, keep in mind that to leave the event during a typical time (Sunday or Monday after the Burn) takes an average of 3 hours from the playa to the road, not counting 2 more hours to Reno (or beyond).
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Previous

Return to 2010 Theme Camps