Northern BC

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Northern BC

Postby melodiousdirge » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Setting up potential plans for a trip to BRC this year from northern bc (Peace Region). Is there anyone on eplaya from the area interested in collaborating on building structures, sourcing supplies, planning routes, transportation, etc?
More ideas than time.
melodiousdirge

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Bakka Sevin: 30

Postby melodiousdirge » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Nobody? come on... we're on the same side of the continent at least!
More ideas than time.
melodiousdirge

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:59 pm

There's a boatload of you foreigners, uh, I mean, our favorite--wait, I mean to say favoUrite--French loving people from up there someplace, staying in Barbie Death Village, eh. Boosh Camp is all Canuck, all the time. PM me and I will give you their email addys.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Trishntek » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:41 pm

When you consider burners are generally 1 in 150,000 of population, I would guess you just might be the only Burner north of the Central Interior. We have quite a few camp mates from Vancouver area. Trish is from Prince George. But I figure, given the miles per person in Northern BC, you could easily be the onliest one.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby melodiousdirge » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Trishntek wrote:When you consider burners are generally 1 in 150,000 of population, I would guess you just might be the only Burner north of the Central Interior. We have quite a few camp mates from Vancouver area. Trish is from Prince George. But I figure, given the miles per person in Northern BC, you could easily be the onliest one.

Yeah this would not surprise me. It was kind of a shot in the dark. The ePlaya community also wouldn't encompass every burner either, so it's defo a long shot.

PG is on my way south, but a bit far for much collaboration.
More ideas than time.
melodiousdirge

Postby Trishntek » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:33 am

melodiousdirge wrote:
Trishntek wrote:When you consider burners are generally 1 in 150,000 of population, I would guess you just might be the only Burner north of the Central Interior. We have quite a few camp mates from Vancouver area. Trish is from Prince George. But I figure, given the miles per person in Northern BC, you could easily be the onliest one.

Yeah this would not surprise me. It was kind of a shot in the dark. The ePlaya community also wouldn't encompass every burner either, so it's defo a long shot.

PG is on my way south, but a bit far for much collaboration.

We do have quite a large Canadian contingent joining us from BC and Ontario this year. If it helps any, maybe wait to buy the bulky stuff until you get down where,,,, say,,,,, ummmmm radishes are the size of,,,,, well,,, radishes? Could save you the hassle of hauling EVERYTHING 1000 miles each way,,,, especially the heavy stuff. I'm not sure how our friends from BC plan to get to the playa this year, but I do know at least two of them will be driving vans or possibly even cargo trucks.

I'm simply trying to be as helpfully confusing as possible.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby Rice » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi melodiousdirge,

Welcome to the ePlaya!!

I make the trek from Saskatoon, SK down to BRC each year. My first three burns I hauled all my gear down but did not purchase any food/water until I was very close to BRC... Hauling that water any more than necessary seemed like a waste in fuel and more wear on my vehicle than was necessary.

There are a number of groups from all over Canada. The Alberta Burners have a decent camp, as do the burners in Dr. Pyro's - Barbie Death Camp and Bistro... It wont hurt to check them out.

Camping solo is also an option. it is up to you in the end.

See ya on the Playa!

Love Rice
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby melodiousdirge » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:05 pm

Good to see there will be some Canadians to mingle with. ;)

I've definitely resolved not to buy water or perishables until as far south as possible. I'm a bit OCD however so I'm sure I'll have 90% of it packed into my truck before I leave here. Hopefully I can fit my dome, grey water system, tent, camping supplies, food, bike, water, etc. all into a Chevy Tahoe. It might be a long drive with no room to lay down for a nap in the back, but I'm sure I can make it work with some well placed stops... it's closer to 1500 miles each way for me, but I do hear some people come from much further away even than me!
More ideas than time.
melodiousdirge

Postby dragonpilot » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:05 pm

That's it...the Canadian quota is filled! All others must go to the waiting list.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Return to Regionals & Events