This should not be allowed in our city.

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby ygmir » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:31 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:i know, RIGHT?

trying to play cat and mouse with a goddamn tiger in the room.

you'll all get eaten if you continue to smell like fresh meat...

*checking mini-pad*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby jkisha » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:39 am

Hmm...I figured you more of a maxi-pad man.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby addison4 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:35 pm

I love it how everyone rebells against any official rules here. 8) Rules are part of the animal guys. The illusion of freedom at BM is a dialectic with this coercion and control. Either follow the rules, find a way to break the rules, get the rules changed, or go somewhere else. There's plenty of options for you. Even in following the rules you have options in how you do things.

The funny thing is how BM itself tends to limit those of us with theme camps. This is pretty obvious that the controlling entity doesn't want a big theme camp to become more powerful than them and be able to steal the event. There is a constant hypocrisy between official BM staff and the rest of us, which you find with any governing body.

In a way this happens with the drugs too: the drug dealers could easily move large portions of BM to new festivals by offering free drugs (Drugs created BM to begin with), so official BM is always controlling drug flows. It wouldn't surprise me if there were dealers at BM who were well connected to the festival itself, this explains why we have stings and abundant drugs. In any case, this sort of thing is just the nature of power.

Don't do drugs, btw.
Register with "A 1776 Masquerade":
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEhqOU5LVUp2MVFXaXBPMmtOXy1SZXc6MA
addison4

Postby jkisha » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Your virginity is showing.
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby Eric » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:34 pm

addison4 wrote:I love it how everyone rebells against any official rules here. 8) Rules are part of the animal guys. The illusion of freedom at BM is a dialectic with this coercion and control. Either follow the rules, find a way to break the rules, get the rules changed, or go somewhere else.

You don't make any sense in your own statements. What you are against in your opening statement you suggest just a few lines down.

Plus, you've already said:

addison4 wrote:1) I've already protested that the rules of burning man are applied in a double standard. The legal language is very different than how the rules are enforced. Many of the rights supposedly waved at the gate can be retrieved in court.

You are becoming more & more trollish. Methinks it's time to just plonk you.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Sic Pup » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:Ever had a Smiley face Parasol shoved up your ass by an angry Lady Bee?

Opened or unopened?
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:49 pm

*touche* :wink:
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby addison4 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Yes, there are good and bad parts to the rules guys. Learn how to use to rules AND the loopholes and you will be better off. Whine about the rules without a plan to do anything and nothing will change. The double standards here excites me; it means there is more to uncover! I guess isolation doesn't bother me. It's me alone against many once again!
Register with "A 1776 Masquerade":
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEhqOU5LVUp2MVFXaXBPMmtOXy1SZXc6MA
addison4

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:27 pm

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Eric wrote:
addison4 wrote:I love it how everyone rebells against any official rules here. 8) Rules are part of the animal guys. The illusion of freedom at BM is a dialectic with this coercion and control. Either follow the rules, find a way to break the rules, get the rules changed, or go somewhere else.

You don't make any sense in your own statements. What you are against in your opening statement you suggest just a few lines down.

Plus, you've already said:

addison4 wrote:1) I've already protested that the rules of burning man are applied in a double standard. The legal language is very different than how the rules are enforced. Many of the rights supposedly waved at the gate can be retrieved in court.

You are becoming more & more trollish. Methinks it's time to just plonk you.

But doesn't adding the word "dialectic" to any statements so derail your point that you can easily end up pointing 180 degrees from where you started.
"Derail"? I used the term "derail"? Slipping... Wait, I better stop now...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby mdmf007 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:22 pm

jkisha wrote:
Or maybe the large theme camps cause more problems for the BMORG, like MOOP, playa scars, etc., and the extra "tax" helps to mitigate the damage and assure the existence of the event.
Which is exactly why the rich need to be taxed.

I have always been of the school "Fool me once..." So with that in mind, and knowing there is a moop mp generated yearly. If a large theme camp is moopy, then charge them a deposit for the following year if they want to register. just my 2 cents.

later
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Hubert Humphrey Style.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:28 am

i thought that was taken care of with the bag of cash that went to the DPW.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby jkisha » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:51 am

mdmf007 wrote:
jkisha wrote:
Or maybe the large theme camps cause more problems for the BMORG, like MOOP, playa scars, etc., and the extra "tax" helps to mitigate the damage and assure the existence of the event.
Which is exactly why the rich need to be taxed.

I have always been of the school "Fool me once..." So with that in mind, and knowing there is a moop mp generated yearly. If a large theme camp is moopy, then charge them a deposit for the following year if they want to register. just my 2 cents.

later

Not a bad idea.
JK
jkisha

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:58 am

like i said kisha, i have long since dismissed your dribble of drivel.

perhaps you should try shutting the fuck up unless you know what the fuck you are talking about.

have a nice day.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

fucking cry babies

Postby sahapaiute » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:16 am

Don't come to.the Playa if you bring that kind of BS to it.if people go in and out that's their problem not yours ! Be happy just yo be on the playa I've seen more crap done to better people with real problems.bye
smellutations fellow burners im keith how is everyone.well lets get ready for the burn its closer everyday see you there.
sahapaiute

Re: fucking cry babies

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:56 pm

sahapaiute wrote:I've seen more crap done to better people with real problems.bye

Yes and Yes and Yes, indeedy. Thanks for the reality check.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby jkisha » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:like i said kisha, i have long since dismissed your dribble of drivel.

perhaps you should try shutting the fuck up unless you know what the fuck you are talking about.

have a nice day.

blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah. blah blah.

blah.

Have a nice day yourself.
JK
jkisha

Re: fucking cry babies

Postby jkisha » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:06 pm

sahapaiute wrote:Don't come to.the Playa if you bring that kind of BS to it.if people go in and out that's their problem not yours ! Be happy just yo be on the playa I've seen more crap done to better people with real problems.bye
see post above.
JK
jkisha

I am dearly deeply sorry for my actions. should anyone feel

Postby sahapaiute » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:44 pm

The need to beat me down or some thing? Hmm I can't wait to get home so thar I can relax.oh yeah. If you want to drop me a line ill be here then there come August. Have an awesome day burners.
smellutations fellow burners im keith how is everyone.well lets get ready for the burn its closer everyday see you there.
sahapaiute

Postby 1durphul » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:11 pm

MoreJadedThanThou wrote:
Ugly Dougly wrote:Welcome to Eplaya!

Thanks! I've actually been on here for a while, but made a throwaway account for this post since a few people know me on here. I don't want to get marked as an undesirable.

Sock puppets are addictive, be careful. Also, I agree that the event corporation has been putting a heavier (and often unnecessary) burden on the very people who make the event as grand as it is through their private contributions.
1durphul

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy