Naked City

Re: Nude is not Lewd

Postby Trishntek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:06 pm

PsyctecB wrote:Wow. Did this thread ever go south. One of the reasons that I post very little. For the record, Nude is not lewd. True nudists are not at all about sex. The attraction is the freedom one experiences from having no clothes on. I am the organizer for Party Naked Tiki Bar and we adhere to nudist principles in the bar. We try to maintain a nice, peaceful clothing optional environment. Because of this we have had hundreds of people experience their first public nudity at the bar. We want people to be exposed to nudity in an environment where they don't feel like fresh meat on display. For this reason, we discourage any sexual activities in the bar and direct people to more appropriate locations (public sex acts are illegal even at Burning man). In a nudist environment, getting hard is not appropriate. It isn't a matter of being flattered or not, it is a matter of the right time and place. Most people accustomed to nudity do not have an issue.

I am a nudist, and while at Burning Man I tend to be naked by day and in costumes at night. I have had no complaints. Our first year we had a camp across from us that made little pants on a stick so that when the men were "shirt cocking" around camp they could hold up pants to block the view. Yet not once did they complain about me running around with no clothes. Sexist? Nudity strips away our public personna and makes us all equal. We are just all people. While we want to be respected I agree that need to be respectful. Bring your own chair or kindly use a towel/sarong. Do not let your uncovered parts dangle over inappropriate places. Common courtesy is not excused for the naked. So it sounds like with or without clothes some people do not understand the concept of common courtesy. Towels are encouraged but not required at the bar. We constantly clean bar stools and recommend anyone with concerns bring a towel. So far we have had no issues.

That all being said, some nudists also subscribe to other more sexual activities as well. Our camp is not exclusive to nudists. We have fetish, BDS&M, swingers, etc. in our camp as well. We show respect for each others beliefs and do not impose anything on anyone. No one has to get naked and any sexual activities must be in private space. I agree that because of the open attitude that nudists have, many may be more likely to participate in more sexual activities but that should not be assumed. Nude in no way is equal to "think sexy time" and should never be viewed that way. Adult activities can include nudity but nudity itself is not an adult activity. This is why Party Naked has been allowed to set up on Esplanade the last two years. Sex camps are located in other parts of the city where children shouldn't be exposed to them.

Just trying to set the record straight. We are not deviant simply because we prefer to run around in the buff. As with any group there are exceptions, just don't pin your bad experiences on nudists as a whole. A wet, drunken fart is disgusting with or without clothes. That is a personal issue for someone that has over indulged in alcohol and has nothing to do with nudity. Maybe make better choices in camp mates?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nONDwWZu28g[/youtube]
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby Trishntek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:11 pm

graidawg wrote:
Trishntek wrote:
graidawg wrote:
bizarrely one of my things to do before i die is getting tazered does this make a freak?

I can help you fulfill that fantasy in a safer manner,,,, :wink:

but trish you scare me. . . . and i don't scare very easy though i do think i have a gift for you with one small proviso. DO NOT USE IT ON ME

But if you know how to use it, will you use it on me? ohboyohboyohboy,,,,, squashed flies AND a surprise? YAY!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby Leo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Babaka,
Do you have any plans for your camp, such as a bar, dance floor, or other activities? Or will it just be a bunch of nekkid people hanging out (both figuratively and literally)?
Best Regards,
Leo
Leo

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:33 pm

breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Previous

Return to 2011 Theme Camps