Enhanced plonking capability

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

Enhanced plonking capability

Postby jkisha » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:28 am

I think if you plonk someone, you shouldn't be able to see any posts the plonked person starts. Now you can see the post titles of a plonked person listed in searches like the common "view posts since last visit" search.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:15 am

That would be awesome!!!!
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:59 pm

JK, I suspect you can't see that until someone that you haven't plonked posts in that thread also,.

But i could be wrong.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby jkisha » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:17 pm

No, not correct. If someone I've plonked starts a post, I can see the post title and the name of the plonked poster, even if no one else has yet posted in that thread. however, if I click on the thread, it appears empty.

I have no interest in even knowing if someone I've plonked has started a new thread, as I have no interest in what they are saying or what anyone thinks about what they are saying.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:58 pm

jkisha wrote:I have no interest in even knowing if someone I've plonked has started a new thread, as I have no interest in what they are saying or what anyone thinks about what they are saying.

Do what I do- ignore the thread. I only open it if one of the people who I usually find interesting posts in it.

Like we tell the newbs- think of it like the playa. If you don't like the bar, don't go into it. Don't expect it to move off your street. I don't need a nanny to keep the bad threads away from me, even if my main plonkee likes to start multiple threads a day.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Enhanced plonking capability

Postby spectabillis » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:07 am

fyi: feature requests probably cant be considered that are outside of what phpbb modules support, and this is an older version of phpbb.

so its just a suggestion, but its more helpful to do the research and find a link to a decent module update that covers your feature request:

- one that has a proven track record with adequate feedback
- a low bug count
- and zero mention of breaking other things when installed

otherwise, you're relying on one local eplaya volunteer that may not have the time or interest in doing all that work with everything else. sorry, but the borg doesnt care about you or this place, and i dont think they have the needed tech skills anymore to handle it if they did.
spectabillis

Postby spectabillis » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:24 am

oh nvrmnd
spectabillis

Return to Feature Requests