gross ebay post

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby LLQchasm » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:52 am

FIGJAM wrote:Eplaya is not THE playa.

Eplaya := 'TH' + 'E playa';
LLQchasm

Postby graidawg » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:54 am

LLQchasm wrote:
graidawg wrote:I hear that this year isn't going to be as good anyway

edited because i cant hear

By definition... because "last year is always better", which brings me to the question that since you edited it because you can hear, how didn't you hear that it wasn't going to be as good next year?

Well just trying to point out the logical inconsistencies in many of the arguments here.

As tiredofbeingnice said, this is all pretty stupid... but stupidity is fun to watch.

i origonaly wrote i here its not as good this year

oh and i cant't hear (on one side)

edited to add stupid non sequitur.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby LLQchasm » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:49 am

graidawg wrote:
i origonaly wrote i here its not as good this year

oh and i cant't hear (on one side)

<pre>
unit BurningMan;

type
TBurners = record
Principles10: Boolean;
SurvivalKit: Boolean;
YearsAttended: Integer;
BurnierThanThou: Char;
Name: string;
BeenThereDoneThat: Real;
end;

TBurgins = record
end;

forward
ePlaya = class // virtual abstract
THEplaya = class // Real;

TBurningMan = class(TComponent)
graidawg: TBurgin;
LLQchasm: TBurgin;
SimonOfThePlaya: TBurner;
procedure Burn(NoOneWayTo: string);
end;

graidawg := TBurgin.Create(Self);
graidawg.Name := 'HorseWithNo';
// Result := Video...
</pre>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM[/youtube]
LLQchasm

Postby graidawg » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:26 am

[quote="LLQchasm<pre>
unit BurningMan;

type
TBurners = record
YearsAttended: Integer;
BurnierThanThou: Char;
BeenThereDoneThat: Real;
end;

TBurgins = record
end;

forward
ePlaya = class // virtual abstract
THEplaya = class // Real;

TBurningMan = class(TComponent)
graidawg: TBurgin;
LLQchasm: TBurgin;
SimonOfThePlaya: TBurner;
procedure Burn(NoOneWayTo: string);
end;

graidawg := TBurgin.Create(Self);
graidawg.Name := 'HorseWithNo';
// Result := Video...
</pre>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM[/youtube][/quote]
:D :D :D :D :D
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
graidawg

Re: lets review.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:35 am

ZeroandOne wrote:
Simon of the Playa wrote:Here is the interaction I have had with this seller... I would recommend more people try to help this person find peace..[/b][/u]

Dear inflatablegames,

As you seemed too incised to continue our conversation or apologize I am reporting this entire conversation to Ebay customer service... have a nice night and do try to relax

- bebop.404

To: bebop.404
Subject: Re: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:32:25 PST

Dear bebop.404,

Take it to your attorney tomorrow. I may prosecute this

- inflatablegames

To: inflatablegames
Subject: Re: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:25:51 PST

Dear inflatablegames,

At no point did I make a treat towards you or any one else... I simply stated that what your doing is contrary to the spirit of burning man. At no point did I threaten a government official... I simply stated that Karma is a bitch sometimes... That there is a natural ebb and flow to the good will in the universe... If you cant stand to hear that what your doing is bad karma then you shouldn't do it... And please let me repeat my ending statement Have a nice day... Try not to be too much of an A-hole while your at it.
However the statements you have made toward me are what I would call a threat... I would love to talk to one of many lawyers that I know, both friends and family and see what my legal options are... However I will gladly accept an apology before I decide to contact E-bay and let them know of your reproachable words...

Thank you and enjoy your night... Unless your panties are too bunched up, in which case I would suggest you take a chill pill in what ever form you my enjoy,be it chemical or natural, positive or negative... May I recommend a hot bath with some relaxing music and some candles... Well good night

- bebop.404

To: bebop.404
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:11:58 PST

Dear bebop.404,

Did you know you can do a year in jail for threatening a government official? Be careful on who you threaten. You have no idea who is on the other side of your threats. Better go read up on penal code 76(A).

- inflatablegames

To: inflatablegames
Subject: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:03:47 PST

Dear inflatablegames,

People like you are a threat to the great spirit that fills the playa with love and positive vibes.... Just wanted to say the karma's a bitch... I normally do not wish harm on others, but I'm sure that karma will bitch slap you for this one... I don't know how or when, but it will happen... Have a nice day while you can... Peace

STOP.FEEDING.TROLL.

beep.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby graidawg » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:29 am

jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:
jkisha wrote:Can you explain "red" to a blind man? I'll just reiterate: "report back in September".

Oh, and last year is always better. You should have been involved in the discussions when people found out that cell phones would work on playa!

JK

red is when you face the sun, the feeling you get when you are angry!
Don't be so bloody patronising, you where a virgin last year.
Don't make out you get it just because you went last year, i built a man from scratch and burnt it, lived for 10 days with no drinking water or facilities having to make do on what we happenned to have with us tikll we could get a ride to town 20 miles away and none of us spoke the language, does that make me burnier than thou? No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
I've been performing street art for fun for 9 years now, does that make me burnier than thou? No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
i've made art and burnt it, performed art for the pleasure of others not for money, i have gifted my time before i knew that it was gifting and have believed nocommerce with my friends share what you can and self reliance, community and co-operation, does that make me burnier than thou?No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
waht makes me burnier than thou, in my humble opinion is that I TRY and live the core values every day of my life and long before the day i first read them, so dont fucking tell me i'm not entitled to my opinion because I HAVEN'T FUCKING BEEN THERE, IKNOW WHAT RED LOOKS LIKE AND NO WHAT SHIT SMELLS LIKE does that make me burnier than thou? No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.

I was a virgin 6 years ago thank you very much and my partner 7 or maybe 8,

JK

and that makes a difference? once you've seen red you know what red is, once you've smelled shit you know what shit smells like

Tell me what is it makes a burner? being on the playa? going to BM? a mental attitude? playing with fire? is the only way you can be a burner actually going to BM? does it lapse if you miss a year? what if you wen't when it wasn't on the playa and not since?
What makes you burnier?
completely unconcerned.
graidawg

Postby jkisha » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:40 am

graidawg wrote:
jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:
jkisha wrote:Can you explain "red" to a blind man? I'll just reiterate: "report back in September".

Oh, and last year is always better. You should have been involved in the discussions when people found out that cell phones would work on playa!

JK

Don't make out you get it just because you went last year, i built a man from scratch and burnt it, lived for 10 days with no drinking water or facilities having to make do on what we happenned to have with us tikll we could get a ride to town 20 miles away and none of us spoke the language, does that make me burnier than thou? No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
I've been performing street art for fun for 9 years now, does that make me burnier than thou? No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
i've made art and burnt it, performed art for the pleasure of others not for money, i have gifted my time before i knew that it was gifting and have believed nocommerce with my friends share what you can and self reliance, community and co-operation, does that make me burnier than thou?No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
waht makes me burnier than thou, in my humble opinion is that I TRY and live the core values every day of my life and long before the day i first read them, so dont fucking tell me i'm not entitled to my opinion because I HAVEN'T FUCKING BEEN THERE, IKNOW WHAT RED LOOKS LIKE AND NO WHAT SHIT SMELLS LIKE does that make me burnier than thou? No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.

JK

and that makes a difference? once you've seen red you know what red is, once you've smelled shit you know what shit smells like

Tell me what is it makes a burner? being on the playa? going to BM? a mental attitude? playing with fire? is the only way you can be a burner actually going to BM? does it lapse if you miss a year? what if you wen't when it wasn't on the playa and not since?
What makes you burnier?

First I've got to tell you your explanation of explaining color to a blind person is poetic, but lame. It's just not the same.

And regarding the other questions, isn't that really the whole point of this thread? It's all of the above, it's whatever it is for each individual person and how they choose to do and experience the burn.

It is not me that is excoriating sac games for his tour venture, it is you.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby graidawg » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 pm

jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:
jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:

JK

JK

What makes you burnier?

First I've got to tell you your explanation of explaining color to a blind person is poetic, but lame. It's just not the same.

And regarding the other questions, isn't that really the whole point of this thread? It's all of the above, it's whatever it is for each individual person and how they choose to do and experience the burn.

JK
completely unconcerned.
graidawg

Postby jkisha » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:00 pm

graidawg wrote:
jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:
jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:

JK

JK

What makes you burnier?

JK

JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby sacramentogames » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:15 pm

jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:
jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:
jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:

JK

JK

What makes you burnier?

JK

I think this thread has hit its end. At this point it is no longer productive and is becoming a complete waste if time, I want to thank each and every one of you for participating both positive and negative. Hopefully once we have all made it to the playa, we ca all be respectful and open with our camps.

Hope to see you all there

Kevin
sacramentogames

Postby Packoderm » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:26 pm

jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:
jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:
jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:

JK

JK

What makes you burnier?

JK

Now that's just the thing about it. Nobody has the power to unilaterally decide when a thread has reached its end. This particular aspect of the matter will need to be debated.
Packoderm

Postby jkisha » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:33 pm

JK
jkisha

Postby Packoderm » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:45 pm

I can imagine the scene:

The man finally stops hitting the horse and starts to look the other way. The horse lifts up his head just a little and murmurs, "You suck." The man then starts hitting the horse once again.
Packoderm

Postby sacramentogames » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Packoderm wrote:I can imagine the scene:

The man finally stops hitting the horse and starts to look the other way. The horse lifts up his head just a little and murmurs, "You suck." The man then starts hitting the horse once again.

You painted a funny picture in my head..thanks! LMAO :lol:
sacramentogames

Postby Elorrum » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:15 pm

I think the horse lifts it's head and says, "a little to the left, if you don't mind."
Elorrum

Postby Sic Pup » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:17 pm

You're all focused on the wrong end of the horse.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby jkisha » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:22 pm

JK
jkisha

Postby jkisha » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:24 pm

Sic Pup wrote:You're all focused on the wrong end of the horse.

JK
jkisha

Postby andy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:12 am

OK, I thought logn and hard about this and I think I know why it's bad for BM. It's not that someone is making money off it. But I'll borrow a line from elsewhere "What if everyone were doing it?". Then there would be no party, no art, nothing to make BM worthwhile We can't stop voyeurs, but it shouldn't be encouraged. As was beautifully pointed out by another post, this company would be making money off the work of the artists, because there is little value to BM without those who give of themselves to provide art and entertainment.

Maybe it's presumptious to think that just because someone is rich they don't plan to contribute. Indeed, at least in theory, an artist could spend even more time creating better art if their physical needs are taken care of by someone else.

But at the end of the day, I suspect that someone who prefers to have it all done for them is already in the mode of "here's money, entertain me" and is unlikely to want to contribute to the community. It's hard to believe that someone paying that much to camp in the desert won't feel some sense of entitlement for their money, especially when they're being sold BM as a "party".

The threat to BM is not really the very small number of very high-end packages that may be sold, but rather the growing indsutry of Burning Man tourism even at the lower-cost levels.
andy

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:52 am

whatever.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby JStep » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Bump.

Muahahahahahaha!
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
JStep

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 pm

well, i dont blame you for being you...Iowa is such a pleasant, nice state, and nebraska, well...

i'm sorry....i am, i know you cant help but be a cornhusker...

not thats theres anything WRONG with it, but you know, it sucks.

i know people who have committed suicide on rte 80 somewhere around ogallala because thay thought they were near the wyoming border, and they went in to Johns Tex Mex and asked how far to Laramie, and they said four hours and they went out, put a hose in their tailpipe and ran it in the windows.

the last thing they did was etch "Fuck You, Nebraska, you Boring Sack of Shit State" into the dashboard with their fingernails.

anyway.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby JStep » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:13 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:well, i dont blame you for being you...Iowa is such a pleasant, nice state, and nebraska, well...

i'm sorry....i am, i know you cant help but be a cornhusker...

not thats theres anything WRONG with it, but you know, it sucks.

i know people who have committed suicide on rte 80 somewhere around ogallala because thay thought they were near the wyoming border, and they went in to Johns Tex Mex and asked how far to Laramie, and they said four hours and they went out, put a hose in their tailpipe and ran it in the windows.

the last thing they did was etch "Fuck You, Nebraska, you Boring Sack of Shit State" into the dashboard with their fingernails.

anyway.

I'm more of a cheesehead by way of Arizona, but hey, flame on...
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
JStep

Re: gross ebay post

Postby boulderburner » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Sorry to exhume the dead horse for further examination, but isn't this the dude who was trying to sell the VIP package mentioned in this thread? Looks like he has spare tickets to sell for some reason....does that mean we won't get to bounce in the bungee cord thing with VIPs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Burning-Man-Ticke ... 4aada7e0d8
boulderburner

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:08 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

boulderburner wrote:Sorry to exhume the dead horse for further examination, but isn't this the dude who was trying to sell the VIP package mentioned in this thread? Looks like he has spare tickets to sell for some reason....does that mean we won't get to bounce in the bungee cord thing with VIPs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Burning-Man-Ticke ... 4aada7e0d8
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Okay, that's funny. I needed that.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Dustdevil » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Hey Eric,

I guess this answers the questions I asked you a while back.

Cheers my friend,

Jack
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
Dustdevil

Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers Camp

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Dustdevil wrote:Hey Eric,

I guess this answers the questions I asked you a while back.

Indeed, I think it does!

See you in the dust!
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy