Is the Water Truck your shower?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

lmao

Postby dj big E » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:49 pm

I love a little frog water when it's 100 degrees out good shit literally. All the crap were exposed to bio engineered foods and pesticides and blah blah blah. You here that horn and you're all covered in playa dust run out theyre and get all wet. And fucking enjoy yourself you won't die I promise. Allways make sure you're behind the truck thoe. :lol: :twisted:
dj big E

Postby unjonharley » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:57 pm

I have a few great feet of vidio of pepole and the water truck. Best one is of a guy. He come running hell bent on getting wet and went slideing on his ass. Then was'nt fast enough to get up and catch the truck to wash off.
/Running to catch the last basket of the day
unjonharley

lmfao

Postby dj big E » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:59 pm

lmao; definately gets slippery back theyre.
dj big E

Postby Bob » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:16 pm

My understanding is there are some few pirate water truck drivers who come in just to watch the T&A flopping around behind, so it may not be accurate to say all of them load up at Bordello (aka Frog Pond).

The only common thing is that none of it is "potable", meaning the tank had who-knows-what, living-or-dead, sloshing around in it before or after they filled it up from whatever source. Not uncommon to have all sorts of invertebrate aquatic life forms and a few drowned rats in there.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Badger » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:29 pm

In the If You'd Seen What I've Seen Department:

Not uncommon to have all sorts of invertebrate aquatic life forms and a few drowned rats in there.

Took water samples a few years ago from all the adjacent hot pools along with the sediment mud. Kept the samples for well over two weeks and put them under a microscope.

You probably don't wanna know what's in that water.[/b]
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Bob » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:04 am

Was that before or after someone sat in it?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

water truck haiku

Postby orangepeelmoses » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:16 am

wake up at lunchtime
still filthy from previous night
water truck shower

(http://www.pissclear.org/RegularFeature ... haiku.html)

opm

Jesus was an alien ReMiX
orangepeelmoses

Evap Ponds

Postby Stormy » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:18 pm

Will thrity thousand people pissing and washing on the playa effect it? Why take the chance. Not like it's a huge burden to make an evap pond and use a piss bottle when a portapotty's not close by.

Perhaps you haven't had the pleasure of building a camp shower for thirty people and had a dust storm blow over the evap pond? During the really wicked storms that seem to take place after the Man burns, there are quite a few camps dumping out those mud baths and trying to pack everything up while wearing respirators.
Be the change you seek in the world.
Stormy

Evap Pond

Postby jazzcakes » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:13 am

Newb here...

Construction tips on building a personal evap pond?

I'd just bring a kiddie pool, but that's not fitting in the economy-size rental car. :)

Might get lucky and the camp will have a communal evap pond, but I'd rather be smart and CmYA...
jazzcakes

Postby Interested bystander » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:00 pm

While reading this thread I saw a few people talk about pissing on the playa, collecting urine, etc. and thought I would share my experience from last year.

My wife and I, having reached our majority some years back, have trouble making it through the night without at least one trip to the bathroom. Now, I wake up at 3AM with a drastic urge and I'm not ready to try and find the nearest potty in the dark. Because of that we bought a "Luggable Loo" at Twin Cities Surplus and used that to collect our urine at night. The next day we would go dump it in the nearest potty. Well, there was a makeshift tent next to us, the owners of which we never saw until we broke camp on Sunday. Apparently these two guys, from Sweden or Norway I think, had saved all their urine from the entire stay in 5-gallon water bottles inside the tent. Rather than take it to the potties they dumped it onto the playa outside of their tent as they were taking it down. You haven't lived until you get a whiff of week old piss!!! We gagged the whole time we packed up our stuff. It was horrible.

I don't know what this adds to the discussion except to let everyone know that if you collect your own waste, dump it in the JOTS ASAP. This year we are going to try kitty litter in plastic bags and cart it home.
Interested bystander

Re: Evap Pond

Postby Stormy » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:01 pm

jazzcakes wrote:Newb here...

Construction tips on building a personal evap pond?

I'd just bring a kiddie pool, but that's not fitting in the economy-size rental car. :)

Might get lucky and the camp will have a communal evap pond, but I'd rather be smart and CmYA...

If you search the survival guide there's a section on showers and evap ponds.
Be the change you seek in the world.
Stormy

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy