gross ebay post

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:06 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Now I'm beginning to have trouble with the whole "why do I keep clicking this thread?" issue.

Agreed.

I'm done with this thread. It's turned into just an ugly yelling match.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Professional Burner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:24 am

Reading this thread is like going to see the Special Olympics, it doesn't matter who wins. At the end, even if you win, you're still a fucking retard!! :lol:

The reason we all keep watching this thread is because its like watching 2 rhinos fuck at the zoo. You are repulsed that you are watching however your eyes still remain asphyxiated from the curiosity of what happens next.

We really need to change the topic to "I'm Burnier Than You"

Is there a topic "RVs vs Tents"? There should be. Wouldn't that be a fiasco!

What a mean, messy thread.

"I gave you your instructions in the dressing room. Remember protect yourself at all times and above all, Obey my commands at all times. Let's make this a clean fight. Touch Em UP / Good Luck / Buenas Suerte"
Professional Burner

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 am

My tent is WAY better than YOUR RV. And MY RV is WAY better than YOUR tent.

So THERE!

(Editorial comment about this whole thread, and where it's rapidly devolving to...)

Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Professional Burner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:21 am

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:My tent is WAY better than YOUR RV. And MY RV is WAY better than YOUR tent.

So THERE!

(Editorial comment about this whole thread, and where it's rapidly devolving to...)

Im starting a new thread on this right now. I give it a day before it turns into a political mud sling.

LMAO :wink:
"I'm the Burniest thing that ever lived"

"I'm the astronaut of burning. All of you other burners are just pilots. I'm in a world of my own"
Professional Burner

Postby jkisha » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:26 am

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:My tent is WAY better than YOUR RV. And MY RV is WAY better than YOUR tent.

So THERE!

There is already a thread for this currently active.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby LLQchasm » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:34 am

To me, the logic of this thread proves that burning man is just another festival and not like some say it is; that burning man is not like anything else. Since there is no one way to "burn", the 10 principles are hereby moot, a product of burns past. Welcome to defaultia...
LLQchasm

Postby graidawg » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:38 am

LLQchasm wrote:To me, the logic of this thread proves that burning man is just another festival and not like some say it is; that burning man is not like anything else. Since there is no one way to "burn", the 10 principles are hereby moot, a product of burns past. Welcome to defaultia...

can i quote you on that?
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby gaminwench » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:40 am

I really love how folks who've never been to BRC make sweeping pronouncements...

not.
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby LLQchasm » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:41 am

graidawg wrote:
LLQchasm wrote:To me, the logic of this thread proves that burning man is just another festival and not like some say it is; that burning man is not like anything else. Since there is no one way to "burn", the 10 principles are hereby moot, a product of burns past. Welcome to defaultia...

can i quote you on that?

You just did...
LLQchasm

Postby LLQchasm » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:44 am

gaminwench wrote:I really love how folks who've never been to BRC make sweeping pronouncements...

not.

Actually I have been there, just not during TTiTD. This is based upon logic pure and simple. When I get there in Aug, we'll see if my opinion changes, but for now based upon the arguments, I don't see a distinction any more as to what it is that makes burning man special.
LLQchasm

Postby gaminwench » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:59 am

...please report back in September...
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby jkisha » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:06 pm

gaminwench wrote:...please report back in September...

Ain't that the truth! You can never "get it" till you done it. And once there, all of those that objected so strongly will see that it had no effect on the quality of the event at all.

JK
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:12 pm

LLQchasm wrote:
gaminwench wrote:I really love how folks who've never been to BRC make sweeping pronouncements...

not.

Actually I have been there, just not during TTiTD.

So, you actually haven't been "there", meaning BRC. You've been to the Black Rock Desert. Two different animals.

It's like saying you've been to the site Coachella's held at, but not during Coachella. You didn't hear any music, so don't see what all the fuss is about.

Eric, stay away from the stupid thread. Stay away.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Professional Burner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:20 pm

Real burner 10 principles

1) Radical Inclusion- Only the homeless, poor or those in a tent are welcome. Everyone else are rich fucks in RVs.
2) Gifting = MOOP
3) Decommodification - Is bringing in Evian as our only sponsor...I love that FUCKING WATER!
4) Radical Self-reliance- (Check list) Rain barrel, foil to cook in the sun, sleeping bag, and a tarp. Im ready to go!
5) Radical Self-expression - I bring my fat naked body for you all to gawk at. I might even paint my tits this year!
6) Communal Effort - I share my sleeping bag with my wife and my dog snoop.
7) Civic Responsibility - Bring on the night clubs.
8 ) Leaving No Trace - Pick your shit up people! WTF. If you pick up after yourself, there would be NO MOOP!!
9) Participation- Participation is for popverty only. Rich people will never understand participation!
10) Immediacy- Can only be found in this thread

Only a real burner spends 51 weeks preparing and 1 week burning.

"I'm the astronaut of burning. All of you other burners are just pilots. I'm in a world of my own"
Professional Burner

Postby LLQchasm » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:39 pm

jkisha wrote:

Ain't that the truth! You can never "get it" till you done it. And once there, all of those that objected so strongly will see that it had no effect on the quality of the event at all.

JK

Well to be logical about it, I can't "get it" after my first burn either because I don't have a frame of reference to compare it to. If I had been there in the early 90's, then I could say that '93 was "such and such" compared to 2011 and "this is how it changed". All I can say after Sept is whether or not it was fun and whether it was worth it.

But I think the fuss over this festival is a bit ridiculous (statements like "burnier than thou" smacks of religious zealotry blowing the importance of this event out of proportion). If you don't like what virgins are saying it is because the logic/PR doesn't jive and hiding behind the "you haven't been there yet so you can't say 2+2=4" is silly. It means that you have a PR problem and have failed to communicate. Either deal with it and explain what it is that makes burning man special or accept that there is no one way to "burn" which means that anything goes (aka defaultia). You can't have your cake and eat it too.

By analogy, the statement that "burning man is special" is like saying that your parents are special. Of course everybody's parents are special. But the reason that it is so is because you have an emotional attachment to them. I suggest that many here have that same attachment to burning man (don't they say "welcome home"?) and that is the real reason why it is special. If there is anything to "get", I suspect it resides in this realm... These are just my empirical observations based upon human nature and other anthropological considerations.
LLQchasm

Postby FIGJAM » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Eplaya is not THE playa.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby LLQchasm » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Eric wrote:
LLQchasm wrote:

not.

Actually I have been there, just not during TTiTD.

So, you actually haven't been "there", meaning BRC. You've been to the Black Rock Desert. Two different animals.

It's like saying you've been to the site Coachella's held at, but not during Coachella. You didn't hear any music, so don't see what all the fuss is about.

This is like saying that if a tree falls in the forest, but because I wasn't there to hear it, I can't extrapolate the existence of the tree.

The corelary: If I go to burning man but stay in the Oort cloud at 12:00 and 10,000 ft, have I experienced what made burning man special? You yourself said that "there is no one way to burn". Well I did it last month, so by your definition I have already been.
LLQchasm

Postby tiredofbeingnice » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:55 pm

this is all so fucking stupid.

it sure reinforces the stereotypes that burners earn for themselves.

keep up the shitty work ya fuck-knuckles!
tiredofbeingnice

Postby LLQchasm » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:56 pm

FIGJAM wrote:Eplaya is not THE playa.

But I keep hearing that there is "no one way to burn", so by definition there is no "THE playa", but many.
LLQchasm

Postby jkisha » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:04 pm

LLQchasm wrote:
jkisha wrote:

JK

Well to be logical about it, I can't "get it" after my first burn either because I don't have a frame of reference to compare it to. If I had been there in the early 90's, then I could say that '93 was "such and such" compared to 2011 and "this is how it changed". All I can say after Sept is whether or not it was fun and whether it was worth it.

But I think the fuss over this festival is a bit ridiculous (statements like "burnier than thou" smacks of religious zealotry blowing the importance of this event out of proportion). If you don't like what virgins are saying it is because the logic/PR doesn't jive and hiding behind the "you haven't been there yet so you can't say 2+2=4" is silly. It means that you have a PR problem and have failed to communicate. Either deal with it and explain what it is that makes burning man special or accept that there is no one way to "burn" which means that anything goes (aka defaultia). You can't have your cake and eat it too.

By analogy, the statement that "burning man is special" is like saying that your parents are special. Of course everybody's parents are special. But the reason that it is so is because you have an emotional attachment to them. I suggest that many here have that same attachment to burning man (don't they say "welcome home"?) and that is the real reason why it is special. If there is anything to "get", I suspect it resides in this realm... These are just my empirical observations based upon human nature and other anthropological considerations.

Can you explain "red" to a blind man? I'll just reiterate: "report back in September".

Oh, and last year is always better. You should have been involved in the discussions when people found out that cell phones would work on playa!

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby Professional Burner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:14 pm

jkisha wrote:
LLQchasm wrote:
jkisha wrote:

JK

Can you explain "red" to a blind man? I'll just reiterate: "report back in September".

Oh, and last year is always better. You should have been involved in the discussions when people found out that cell phones would work on playa!

JK
If AssHat Games decides to use a cell phone does that make him less of a burner? How many people used cell phones last year, 10%?, 15%?, 25%? Would this be a first step to defaultia and who is sponsoring the tower, AT&T?

Although I condemn defaultia, I think it is time to welcome some change.

tiredofbeingnice- I second your comment.

Professional Burner

Postby LLQchasm » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:16 pm

jkisha wrote:Can you explain "red" to a blind man? I'll just reiterate: "report back in September".

Then it is the "experience" by your definition because "red" cannot be explained. Well consider this... Since there is "no one way" to do burning man, then the "emergent quality" that burners here claim exists that defines "burning man" as unique can also not be predicted because experience is different for all. Well I had an experience last month and I can't describe it either, so which burning man has the bigger religious dick?
LLQchasm

Postby AntiM » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:18 pm

Rain barrel?

Fuck-knuckles, I am so stealing that.

Group hug in the back of doc's RV. Bring lube.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Professional Burner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:27 pm

AntiM wrote:Rain barrel?

Fuck-knuckles, I am so stealing that.

Group hug in the back of doc's RV. Bring lube.

Rain barrel - used in countries that do not have a plumbing system in the house. A barrel or large leaves are put out to catch the rain for drinking and cooking.

Since the playa gets such a minuscule of rain it would then make the rain barrel pointless.

Professional Burner

Postby graidawg » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:30 pm

jkisha wrote:Can you explain "red" to a blind man? I'll just reiterate: "report back in September".

JK

red is when you face the sun, the feeling you get when you are angry!
Don't be so bloody patronising, you where a virgin last year.
Don't make out you get it just because you went last year, i built a man from scratch and burnt it, lived for 10 days with no drinking water or facilities having to make do on what we happenned to have with us tikll we could get a ride to town 20 miles away and none of us spoke the language, does that make me burnier than thou? No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
I've been performing street art for fun for 9 years now, does that make me burnier than thou? No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
i've made art and burnt it, performed art for the pleasure of others not for money, i have gifted my time before i knew that it was gifting and have believed nocommerce with my friends share what you can and self reliance, community and co-operation, does that make me burnier than thou?No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
waht makes me burnier than thou, in my humble opinion is that I TRY and live the core values every day of my life and long before the day i first read them, so dont fucking tell me i'm not entitled to my opinion because I HAVEN'T FUCKING BEEN THERE, IKNOW WHAT RED LOOKS LIKE AND NO WHAT SHIT SMELLS LIKE does that make me burnier than thou? No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
graidawg

Postby sacramentogames » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Can we try to be compassionate to one another and minimize the snark? I apologize for my snark at times, but it is usually in humor. We ALL have a right to speak and we ALL have the right to opinion. Hating on one another for their opinions is not the burner way. I am so glad this is on the eplaya and not on the playa.

graidawg- I know that you hate me and everything I stand for. Lets all get off the Burnier than you kick and lets all move on. No one in here is any burnier than anyone else (except Dr. Bob, I hear he has some kick ass lube and a plethora of hot chicks in the back of his RV...but that's a whole different conversation in itself....LOL). Rest assured, out on the playa, it is a whole different world of love. Eplaya and the conversations we all have here will all be forgotten from Aug.29th- September 5th when the event is over.

Try not to take anything too seriously. Worry about getting to Reno and we will all make sure you make it to BRC one way or another.
sacramentogames

Postby jkisha » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:48 pm

graidawg wrote:

JK

red is when you face the sun, the feeling you get when you are angry!
Don't be so bloody patronising, you where a virgin last year.
Don't make out you get it just because you went last year, i built a man from scratch and burnt it, lived for 10 days with no drinking water or facilities having to make do on what we happenned to have with us tikll we could get a ride to town 20 miles away and none of us spoke the language, does that make me burnier than thou? No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
I've been performing street art for fun for 9 years now, does that make me burnier than thou? No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
i've made art and burnt it, performed art for the pleasure of others not for money, i have gifted my time before i knew that it was gifting and have believed nocommerce with my friends share what you can and self reliance, community and co-operation, does that make me burnier than thou?No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.
waht makes me burnier than thou, in my humble opinion is that I TRY and live the core values every day of my life and long before the day i first read them, so dont fucking tell me i'm not entitled to my opinion because I HAVEN'T FUCKING BEEN THERE, IKNOW WHAT RED LOOKS LIKE AND NO WHAT SHIT SMELLS LIKE does that make me burnier than thou? No because i haven't been there and you have, Once.

I was a virgin 6 years ago thank you very much and my partner 7 or maybe 8,

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby graidawg » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:16 am

I hear that this year isn't going to be as good anyway

edited because i cant here
completely unconcerned.
graidawg

Postby LLQchasm » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:50 am

graidawg wrote:I hear that this year isn't going to be as good anyway

edited because i cant hear

By definition... because "last year is always better", which brings me to the question that since you edited it because you can hear, how didn't you hear that it wasn't going to be as good next year?

Well just trying to point out the logical inconsistencies in many of the arguments here.

As tiredofbeingnice said, this is all pretty stupid... but stupidity is fun to watch.

edited to add stupid non sequitur.
LLQchasm

Postby LLQchasm » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:51 am

... and maybe that is what makes burning man so special.
LLQchasm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy