gross ebay post

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:13 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Parasitoid wrote:
jkisha wrote:
Roberto Dobbisano wrote:SacoShit, you can't BUY the Burning Man Experience, you have to EARN IT, Motherfucker.


Oh please, it's a camping trip with art. Get over it already. And frankly, the more money you can afford to spend in preparation, the more comfortable the experience will be. That's just a fact.

JK


LOL.

If it is just "a camping trip with art" to you... that is just.... kinda sad.

With almost every other post in this thread getting huge amounts of scrutiny, I don't see how this one snuck in under the radar. So, I'll just note that many of us have found that it's not good for the health to take burning man too seriously, and maybe some of us even pity those who do.


I did miss it- seriously, I tell people it's Club Med for Freaks. Obviously I love it & am addicted or I wouldn't be on here, but I do feel sorry for anyone who thinks that this has to be the highlight of their year. It's one of my highlights, but I have many.

If the Burn went away, I'd survive fine. I'm not so sure about the people who cling to it as if it brings salvation.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 7108
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby jkisha » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Packoderm wrote:
jkisha wrote:
Oh please, it's a camping trip with art. Get over it already. And frankly, the more money you can afford to spend in preparation, the more comfortable the experience will be. That's just a fact.

JK


If that were the case for me, I'd be in envy of those with the fancy RVs and all the trappings of luxury. It's quite the opposite. I'm more in envy of the intelligent and motivated people who can pool their resources to build giant domes, interesting art, and just be able to make things generally more fun for themselves and people who wander by. Big money does not seem to have a direct correlation to that kind of experience. Nevertheless, and maybe out of curiosity, I'll take a quick peek through the fence at Ebay Camp just to check out how fancy it is with their hired bartenders, omelet bar workers, groundskeepers, and check out the helicopter.

[Edited to disable the things that disable things.]


LOL that's one of the most ridiculous comments you could have made to my post. Did you even stop to think before you wrote? Do you think that a giant dome is FREE? and those art projects magically appear on the playa for FREE? and the giant music camps get all their equipment for FREE? Please, what difference does it make if it's one person's money or a pooled group of people contributing the money? MONEY IS MONEY. The event is much better and more enjoyable ONLY BECAUSE OF THE THINGS THAT MONEY COULD BUY. And of course the creative talent that couldn't survive without stipends, or in other words MONEY. Oh, and the PRICE of the TICKET. It's not FREE. It's MONEY MONEY MONEY, without which the event would be a shadow of itself.

JK
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Packoderm » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Sir, and by that gif picture I assume you are a sir, I respectfully disagree with you on one facet, but I'll have to come back to explain. Long story.
User avatar
Packoderm
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:06 am
Location: Sacramento

Postby jkisha » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Packoderm wrote:Sir, and by that gif picture I assume you are a sir, I respectfully disagree with you on one facet, but I'll have to come back to explain. Long story.


I'll be waiting with eager anticipation. I don't mind people that disagree with me; it keeps life interesting and the mind fresh.

JK
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby moonrise » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:58 pm

...
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
User avatar
moonrise
 
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Silver Circle; Reno, Tahoe, Vegas

Postby moonrise » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:59 pm

...
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
User avatar
moonrise
 
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Silver Circle; Reno, Tahoe, Vegas

Postby moonrise » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:59 pm

...
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
User avatar
moonrise
 
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Silver Circle; Reno, Tahoe, Vegas

Postby Packoderm » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:17 am

jkisha wrote:
Packoderm wrote:
jkisha wrote:
Oh please, it's a camping trip with art. Get over it already. And frankly, the more money you can afford to spend in preparation, the more comfortable the experience will be. That's just a fact.

JK


If that were the case for me, I'd be in envy of those with the fancy RVs and all the trappings of luxury. It's quite the opposite. I'm more in envy of the intelligent and motivated people who can pool their resources to build giant domes, interesting art, and just be able to make things generally more fun for themselves and people who wander by. Big money does not seem to have a direct correlation to that kind of experience. Nevertheless, and maybe out of curiosity, I'll take a quick peek through the fence at Ebay Camp just to check out how fancy it is with their hired bartenders, omelet bar workers, groundskeepers, and check out the helicopter.

[Edited to disable the things that disable things.]


LOL that's one of the most ridiculous comments you could have made to my post. Did you even stop to think before you wrote? Do you think that a giant dome is FREE? and those art projects magically appear on the playa for FREE? and the giant music camps get all their equipment for FREE? Please, what difference does it make if it's one person's money or a pooled group of people contributing the money? MONEY IS MONEY. The event is much better and more enjoyable ONLY BECAUSE OF THE THINGS THAT MONEY COULD BUY. And of course the creative talent that couldn't survive without stipends, or in other words MONEY. Oh, and the PRICE of the TICKET. It's not FREE. It's MONEY MONEY MONEY, without which the event would be a shadow of itself.

JK


I've looked again, and I'm sorry, but I do not see any gaping voids of logic in the premise that homespun, rustic, burner type stuff put together by a group of kind on the playa could be just as easily supplanted with the thud of stacks of 100s hitting the cashier's counter. I also believe you have overreacted to my comment on your quote. I truly doubt that you will allow yourself any flexibility of though regardless of how much sense I make, so I'll spare us both the effort and not make a such a strong attempt to make too much.

Scenario #1: A wide flung posse of working class chum and maybe even a few overworked professionals chance to meet on the playa and succeed in having a burning good time sleeping in little tents and relaxing under 10x20 carports. They laugh about how dusty they become and feel empowered by the discomfort. They like the experience so much that they maintain an online correspondence and conspire to dedicate their one precious vacation week to making their camp just a little better each year until they have a reached the point where they have a 40 foot diameter dome filled wall to wall with tents and another such dome for the common relaxing area. They might even have moved a bit closer to the esplanade and are serving drinks to passers by.

Scenario #2: A guy and his wife pull up to their playa spot in their $75,000 motorhome, push a button that extends the shade cover, fire up the generator, and go back inside to the air conditioned comfort to watch a DVD they have already seen until the weather becomes more tolerable. He wishes his usual RV caravan buddies he caravans with for a month and a half snowbird trip each winter would join him, but they won't. To be continued... I'm too bored by this scenario. The one above was more fun to envision, but it will be fun to envision the latter guy's RV shade canopy ripped up by the wind.

Oh yeah, about the shadow of the event without the big bucks: would this shadow be reminiscent of the earlier years of Burning Man?
User avatar
Packoderm
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:06 am
Location: Sacramento

Postby Kinetik V » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:34 am

Read those 2 scenarios...and I'm like finally someone fucking gets it.

Edit: I liked the cushy RV experience...and the idea of a pre-packaged deal is still IMHO an idea worth exploring. But I also know my best years on playa were spent in tents, not an RV.
User avatar
Kinetik V
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:43 am
Location: Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby graidawg » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:21 am

ok my 2 pence worth

this is about allowing commerce on the playa, which seems to be the issue, not if its wrong to sell pre packed trips or have someone do all the hard work. As a foreign burgin I am kind of hoping to get a bit of assistance with the final leg of getting to BRC (actually getting there and water everything else i am trying to do myself)
It seems to me the major flaw is the paid employees, getting paid to wait hand and foot on people who cant be bothered to sort it for themselves.
I have no real problem with a prepacked event set up and take down, even camp mates who do the cooking as there 'camp dues' in leiu of money, but paid employees who HAVE to spend all day (and probably night) looking after the tourists, That seems to me to be commerce on the playa.
Many people have already said 'its already there' well genocide in africa is already there does that mean we shouldn't protest it? whats the quote, all that it takes for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing. something like that anyway. I'm not saying this is evil but its the wedge that turns BM from being a unique festival to just the same as all the rest. sure people make money out of BM but they work for it. This is using other peoples hard work creating something then just tagging along at the end and making a quick buck.
As for the extra sacgames has tagged on, the gifts to give - theres no gifting if someone else found them picked them out and all you have to is hand them out is there? the 2 hours volounteering or MOOPing, doesn't it say that on the back of the ticket? besides if you spent nearly 10 grand on a holiday are you going to get on your hands and knees picking up tiny bits of glitter shed from your tinsel neck scarf from the night before?
I don't really expect sac games to have genuine answers for any of this as from his answers on this and other posts in other forums he simply fails to answer or pays lip service to get the response so everybody doesnt hate him.
Sure Burning Man is 'just' TTiTD but its a lot more in so many ways to so many people, its created spin offs with the regional burns and imitators with shh in europe and others i am sure. however it grew from a party on the beach with a dozen or so people to .... well you that have been already and us that haven't will find out

as i said my 2 pennies worth
grai
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
User avatar
graidawg
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:01 am

To me paying for anything AT THE EVENT is the comerce that people should be concerned about. (not talking about ice or coffee at center camp)

I don't think I should be able to fly in with my ticket and hand some one $1k ON THE PLAYA for everything I needed to be there.

What people "buy" before or after for their experiance does'nt matter.

One of my naighbors did'nt think he had enough fuel to get to fernley and I had 4gals left for my genny.

I was very conflicted about taking $10 for that fuel even though he insisted.

I still don't feel right about it.

Conclusion: NO CASH TRANSACTIONS ON THE PLAYA!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 7072
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Postby jkisha » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:45 am

Packoderm wrote:
jkisha wrote:
Packoderm wrote:
jkisha wrote:
Oh please, it's a camping trip with art. Get over it already. And frankly, the more money you can afford to spend in preparation, the more comfortable the experience will be. That's just a fact.

JK


If that were the case for me, I'd be in envy of those with the fancy RVs and all the trappings of luxury. It's quite the opposite. I'm more in envy of the intelligent and motivated people who can pool their resources to build giant domes, interesting art, and just be able to make things generally more fun for themselves and people who wander by. Big money does not seem to have a direct correlation to that kind of experience. Nevertheless, and maybe out of curiosity, I'll take a quick peek through the fence at Ebay Camp just to check out how fancy it is with their hired bartenders, omelet bar workers, groundskeepers, and check out the helicopter.

[Edited to disable the things that disable things.]


LOL that's one of the most ridiculous comments you could have made to my post. Did you even stop to think before you wrote? Do you think that a giant dome is FREE? and those art projects magically appear on the playa for FREE? and the giant music camps get all their equipment for FREE? Please, what difference does it make if it's one person's money or a pooled group of people contributing the money? MONEY IS MONEY. The event is much better and more enjoyable ONLY BECAUSE OF THE THINGS THAT MONEY COULD BUY. And of course the creative talent that couldn't survive without stipends, or in other words MONEY. Oh, and the PRICE of the TICKET. It's not FREE. It's MONEY MONEY MONEY, without which the event would be a shadow of itself.

JK


I've looked again, and I'm sorry, but I do not see any gaping voids of logic in the premise that homespun, rustic, burner type stuff put together by a group of kind on the playa could be just as easily supplanted with the thud of stacks of 100s hitting the cashier's counter. I also believe you have overreacted to my comment on your quote. I truly doubt that you will allow yourself any flexibility of though regardless of how much sense I make, so I'll spare us both the effort and not make a such a strong attempt to make too much.

Scenario #1: A wide flung posse of working class chum and maybe even a few overworked professionals chance to meet on the playa and succeed in having a burning good time sleeping in little tents and relaxing under 10x20 carports. They laugh about how dusty they become and feel empowered by the discomfort. They like the experience so much that they maintain an online correspondence and conspire to dedicate their one precious vacation week to making their camp just a little better each year until they have a reached the point where they have a 40 foot diameter dome filled wall to wall with tents and another such dome for the common relaxing area. They might even have moved a bit closer to the esplanade and are serving drinks to passers by.

Scenario #2: A guy and his wife pull up to their playa spot in their $75,000 motorhome, push a button that extends the shade cover, fire up the generator, and go back inside to the air conditioned comfort to watch a DVD they have already seen until the weather becomes more tolerable. He wishes his usual RV caravan buddies he caravans with for a month and a half snowbird trip each winter would join him, but they won't. To be continued... I'm too bored by this scenario. The one above was more fun to envision, but it will be fun to envision the latter guy's RV shade canopy ripped up by the wind.

Oh yeah, about the shadow of the event without the big bucks: would this shadow be reminiscent of the earlier years of Burning Man?


I have no problem with either scenario. The Burning Man experience is the same for each group of people in either scenario. Neither is more "correct or proper" than the other. So, what is your point then?

JK
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby jkisha » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:48 am

FIGJAM wrote:To me paying for anything AT THE EVENT is the comerce that people should be concerned about. (not talking about ice or coffee at center camp)

I don't think I should be able to fly in with my ticket and hand some one $1k ON THE PLAYA for everything I needed to be there.

What people "buy" before or after for their experiance does'nt matter.

One of my naighbors did'nt think he had enough fuel to get to fernley and I had 4gals left for my genny.

I was very conflicted about taking $10 for that fuel even though he insisted.

I still don't feel right about it.

Conclusion: NO CASH TRANSACTIONS ON THE PLAYA!


I totally agree. However it has been my observational experience that "party favors" fall into the same pay category as coffee and ice.

JK
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:47 am

So, I'll just note that many of us have found that it's not good for the health to take burning man too seriously, and maybe some of us even pity those who do.



Dear Eric and Crypto...

i think you are being a LITTLE facetious since both OF YOU live ON THIS BOARD, AND HENCE, YOU BURN YEAR ROUND.


DONT GIVE ME ANY SIDEWAYS BACKHANDED CRAP ABOUT BEING TOO BURNY.

please....try that left handed logic on someone else, preferably with double digit IQ, so it actually sticks.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13856
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby jkisha » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:50 am

Kinetic V wrote:Read those 2 scenarios...and I'm like finally someone fucking gets it.

Edit: I liked the cushy RV experience...and the idea of a pre-packaged deal is still IMHO an idea worth exploring. But I also know my best years on playa were spent in tents, not an RV.


Ya, BM is always better last year.

JK
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

lets review.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:01 am

Here is the interaction I have had with this seller... I would recommend more people try to help this person find peace..[/b][/u]

Dear inflatablegames,

As you seemed too incised to continue our conversation or apologize I am reporting this entire conversation to Ebay customer service... have a nice night and do try to relax

- bebop.404


From: inflatablegames
To: bebop.404
Subject: Re: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:32:25 PST



Dear bebop.404,

Take it to your attorney tomorrow. I may prosecute this

- inflatablegames


From: bebop.404
To: inflatablegames
Subject: Re: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:25:51 PST



Dear inflatablegames,

At no point did I make a treat towards you or any one else... I simply stated that what your doing is contrary to the spirit of burning man. At no point did I threaten a government official... I simply stated that Karma is a bitch sometimes... That there is a natural ebb and flow to the good will in the universe... If you cant stand to hear that what your doing is bad karma then you shouldn't do it... And please let me repeat my ending statement Have a nice day... Try not to be too much of an A-hole while your at it.
However the statements you have made toward me are what I would call a threat... I would love to talk to one of many lawyers that I know, both friends and family and see what my legal options are... However I will gladly accept an apology before I decide to contact E-bay and let them know of your reproachable words...

Thank you and enjoy your night... Unless your panties are too bunched up, in which case I would suggest you take a chill pill in what ever form you my enjoy,be it chemical or natural, positive or negative... May I recommend a hot bath with some relaxing music and some candles... Well good night



- bebop.404


From: inflatablegames
To: bebop.404
Subject: Re: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:11:58 PST



Dear bebop.404,

Did you know you can do a year in jail for threatening a government official? Be careful on who you threaten. You have no idea who is on the other side of your threats. Better go read up on penal code 76(A).

- inflatablegames


From: bebop.404
To: inflatablegames
Subject: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:03:47 PST



Dear inflatablegames,

People like you are a threat to the great spirit that fills the playa with love and positive vibes.... Just wanted to say the karma's a bitch... I normally do not wish harm on others, but I'm sure that karma will bitch slap you for this one... I don't know how or when, but it will happen... Have a nice day while you can... Peace
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13856
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:02 am

jkisha wrote:
FIGJAM wrote:To me paying for anything AT THE EVENT is the comerce that people should be concerned about. (not talking about ice or coffee at center camp)

I don't think I should be able to fly in with my ticket and hand some one $1k ON THE PLAYA for everything I needed to be there.

What people "buy" before or after for their experiance does'nt matter.

One of my naighbors did'nt think he had enough fuel to get to fernley and I had 4gals left for my genny.

I was very conflicted about taking $10 for that fuel even though he insisted.

I still don't feel right about it.

Conclusion: NO CASH TRANSACTIONS ON THE PLAYA!


I totally agree. However it has been my observational experience that "party favors" fall into the same pay category as coffee and ice.

JK


I dissagree.

"Party favors" should not be bought or sold on playa.

Gifting, sure.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 7072
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Postby unjonharley » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:56 am

I sold a shelter.. The sale/rechange was completed on playa..It was a matter of tranporting the product to the client..

I felt funny taking money on the playa..
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8791
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:35 am

That was a prearanged deal and done for conveniance.

That seems fine to me.

If somebody wanted me to build them a cooler and pay me when I got there, it would'nt bother me.

But if I show up with 4 or 5 to sell if someone wanted one, I think that's crossing the line.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 7072
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:42 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
So, I'll just note that many of us have found that it's not good for the health to take burning man too seriously, and maybe some of us even pity those who do.



Dear Eric and Crypto...

i think you are being a LITTLE facetious since both OF YOU live ON THIS BOARD, AND HENCE, YOU BURN YEAR ROUND.


DONT GIVE ME ANY SIDEWAYS BACKHANDED CRAP ABOUT BEING TOO BURNY.

please....try that left handed logic on someone else, preferably with double digit IQ, so it actually sticks.


I know it's weakness to admit it, but I'm here on eplaya for the company. The burn? Meh, I can take it or leave it.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37421
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: lets review.

Postby sacramentogames » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:Here is the interaction I have had with this seller... I would recommend more people try to help this person find peace..[/b][/u]

Dear inflatablegames,

As you seemed too incised to continue our conversation or apologize I am reporting this entire conversation to Ebay customer service... have a nice night and do try to relax

- bebop.404


From: inflatablegames
To: bebop.404
Subject: Re: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:32:25 PST



Dear bebop.404,

Take it to your attorney tomorrow. I may prosecute this

- inflatablegames


From: bebop.404
To: inflatablegames
Subject: Re: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:25:51 PST



Dear inflatablegames,

At no point did I make a treat towards you or any one else... I simply stated that what your doing is contrary to the spirit of burning man. At no point did I threaten a government official... I simply stated that Karma is a bitch sometimes... That there is a natural ebb and flow to the good will in the universe... If you cant stand to hear that what your doing is bad karma then you shouldn't do it... And please let me repeat my ending statement Have a nice day... Try not to be too much of an A-hole while your at it.
However the statements you have made toward me are what I would call a threat... I would love to talk to one of many lawyers that I know, both friends and family and see what my legal options are... However I will gladly accept an apology before I decide to contact E-bay and let them know of your reproachable words...

Thank you and enjoy your night... Unless your panties are too bunched up, in which case I would suggest you take a chill pill in what ever form you my enjoy,be it chemical or natural, positive or negative... May I recommend a hot bath with some relaxing music and some candles... Well good night



- bebop.404


From: inflatablegames
To: bebop.404
Subject: Re: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:11:58 PST



Dear bebop.404,

Did you know you can do a year in jail for threatening a government official? Be careful on who you threaten. You have no idea who is on the other side of your threats. Better go read up on penal code 76(A).

- inflatablegames


From: bebop.404
To: inflatablegames
Subject: Details about item: bebop.404 sent a message about Burningman 2011, Bucket list, Burning Man Party #320647559539
Sent Date: Feb-11-11 17:03:47 PST



Dear inflatablegames,

People like you are a threat to the great spirit that fills the playa with love and positive vibes.... Just wanted to say the karma's a bitch... I normally do not wish harm on others, but I'm sure that karma will bitch slap you for this one... I don't know how or when, but it will happen... Have a nice day while you can... Peace


You look like a child reaching for pity from his parents. Put the whole conversation up and not the bits and pieces you cut and paste.

Lets bring this back to an adult conversation
sacramentogames
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 am

Re: this should be enough

Postby Snowah Zark » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:11 pm

adam link wrote:Image
Mi casa y su casa.
User avatar
Snowah Zark
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:47 pm
Location: the great white north

Postby Eric » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:Dear Eric and Crypto...

i think you are being a LITTLE facetious since both OF YOU live ON THIS BOARD, AND HENCE, YOU BURN YEAR ROUND.


DONT GIVE ME ANY SIDEWAYS BACKHANDED CRAP ABOUT BEING TOO BURNY.


You're totally right- I currently "live" on this board. I'm unemployed, when I'm not job hunting (a lot of which is done via computer now days) I spend a lot of time here. When my wife was in town this past weekend I didn't check in for.. 3 days? 4? Then I skimmed the posts. I survived just fine without bringing it up. I don't bring it up a lot off eplaya either.

When I was employed I checked in at night when I got home. I hang out here for the same reason Fishy does- I like the company, I like the conversations (mostly), most of my friends are at work & I can't afford to go out like I could if I was employed.

For me the Burn is a continuation of the life I was already living before I ever went. I'm totally honest about being addicted to it. I'm also totally addicted to the 2-Buses-Full-Of-Drag-Queens-Going-To-Reno trip I've done every Easter Weekend for the past 12 years. I've gone to that more than Burning Man.

I would miss both if they ended, but my life wouldn't be over. I don't think yours would be either.

There are, however, lots of people who seem to think that The Burn is there only time they "get to be themselves" and that there is some sort of spiritual enlightenment they get from it. They may, but unless they learn to carry that with them every day (like most of the regulars on this board seem to do) they're going to be crushed if it ends.

I'll head to NYC for vacation.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 7108
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:28 pm

the weather there is Glorious today.. :wink:
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13856
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby sacramentogames » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:36 pm

graidawg wrote:ok my 2 pence worth

this is about allowing commerce on the playa, which seems to be the issue, not if its wrong to sell pre packed trips or have someone do all the hard work. As a foreign burgin I am kind of hoping to get a bit of assistance with the final leg of getting to BRC (actually getting there and water everything else i am trying to do myself)
It seems to me the major flaw is the paid employees, getting paid to wait hand and foot on people who cant be bothered to sort it for themselves.
I have no real problem with a prepacked event set up and take down, even camp mates who do the cooking as there 'camp dues' in leiu of money, but paid employees who HAVE to spend all day (and probably night) looking after the tourists, That seems to me to be commerce on the playa.
Many people have already said 'its already there' well genocide in africa is already there does that mean we shouldn't protest it? whats the quote, all that it takes for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing. something like that anyway. I'm not saying this is evil but its the wedge that turns BM from being a unique festival to just the same as all the rest. sure people make money out of BM but they work for it. This is using other peoples hard work creating something then just tagging along at the end and making a quick buck.
As for the extra sacgames has tagged on, the gifts to give - theres no gifting if someone else found them picked them out and all you have to is hand them out is there? the 2 hours volounteering or MOOPing, doesn't it say that on the back of the ticket? besides if you spent nearly 10 grand on a holiday are you going to get on your hands and knees picking up tiny bits of glitter shed from your tinsel neck scarf from the night before?
I don't really expect sac games to have genuine answers for any of this as from his answers on this and other posts in other forums he simply fails to answer or pays lip service to get the response so everybody doesnt hate him.
Sure Burning Man is 'just' TTiTD but its a lot more in so many ways to so many people, its created spin offs with the regional burns and imitators with shh in europe and others i am sure. however it grew from a party on the beach with a dozen or so people to .... well you that have been already and us that haven't will find out

as i said my 2 pennies worth
grai


You make good sense. I try to answer most comments on here but when I respond to every comment I am told I am bumping threads....I will never win...lol. I do not dodge questions, I ignore snark. Every sincere question I have answered and if I feel makes good sense, I change my ad accordingly.

I understand your position of commerce with me having staff there that are making food (although we encourage the client to cook) and removing trash. I would like to point out that there are employees surrounding you. People driving water trucks (to keep the playa dust down), ice trucks, stage hands, poop removal trucks, ice, coffee, the list goes on and on. I am hardly the first. FYI, the way I have my work schedule, my staff works 5 hour days and they are off to enjoy themselves the other 19 hours. My staff will have to work long hours on set up and tear down but for the most part they will work a max of 5 hours a day.

Do you really think this is a quick buck? There is months of preparation for this and big $$ that I have to front to make this happen. There are risks.

Gifting- We have come up with some ideas that are hand made and are creative. Lets get of the notion that we are handing out trinkets.

I know that RVs are not for everyone. Green turtle is a service that does the same thing I do on a lower scale with tents. They make it inexpensive so anyone can afford to come to burning man. From what I read on their website, they provide a great service for the money.

Once again I am happy to answer questions and concerns.

Hope to see you on the playa
sacramentogames
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 am

Postby Eric » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:the weather there is Glorious today.. :wink:


Pouring rain here today.

I don't like cold, I wait to do New York around... Labor Day! (last trip there- Burn week 2008. House sitting for a friend so he could go to the Burn. Uh Oh, I took a week in New York over Burning Man. I need more kool-aid)
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 7108
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby graidawg » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:51 pm

is it just me?
sac games, you are ignoring my posts? is it because you really are a burner and you understand what you are doing is wrong, not because you are selling the BM 'experience' but because you are taking from all the effort others are putting in without returning anything? Or is it bevause you know that you have no moral defence on the whole package you are offering?

Burning Man, for me- i can't speak for anyone else, is more than just TTiTD it is about the effort and thought you put into going and understanding that NOCOMMERCE isn't a rule, it is a philosophy, BM costs money to put on and its costs money to get there, that Sir is unavoidable. However once you get there financial transactions stop. end of. In Fact anything you do with other burners is meant to be without fanancial gain in mind. hence to no touting your 'service' on here
People spend A LOT of money putting on the art you are charging people to go and see and paying other people to make sure they can do it for No Effort, the people you are selling this to aren't going with the NOCOMMERCE in mind you are selling it people that it simply doesn;'t matter enough to to DO IT THEMSELVES.
It doesn't matter if other people are doing it, if i can talk to them i will ask the same question.

Are you Sacremento Games, Happy to be bringing financial transactions to the playa?
To help justify those experienced burners who say "it was better last year" (when coca cola didn't sponser half the camps)"

to all the other commenters on this post, for and against what is it that bothers you or inspires you about this?
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
User avatar
graidawg
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:51 pm

FIGJAM wrote:
I dissagree.

"Party favors" should not be bought or sold on playa.

Gifting, sure.


:lol:

I agree wholeheartedly. You're camping where? I'll be right over..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5809
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Orlando, FL/Kailua, HI
Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby jkisha » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:00 pm

FIGJAM wrote:
jkisha wrote:
FIGJAM wrote:To me paying for anything AT THE EVENT is the comerce that people should be concerned about. (not talking about ice or coffee at center camp)

I don't think I should be able to fly in with my ticket and hand some one $1k ON THE PLAYA for everything I needed to be there.

What people "buy" before or after for their experiance does'nt matter.

One of my naighbors did'nt think he had enough fuel to get to fernley and I had 4gals left for my genny.

I was very conflicted about taking $10 for that fuel even though he insisted.

I still don't feel right about it.

Conclusion: NO CASH TRANSACTIONS ON THE PLAYA!


I totally agree. However it has been my observational experience that "party favors" fall into the same pay category as coffee and ice.

JK


I dissagree.

"Party favors" should not be bought or sold on playa.

Gifting, sure.


How can you disagree? I didn't express an opinion, only an observation. You might think that what I observed should not be occurring, but as you were not there, you have no basis for disagreeing with my observation. Unless you thought I might have been hallucinating and really didn't see what in saw. :D :D

JK

just teasing you

JK
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby graidawg » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:09 pm

I apologise sac games, i was too hasty in my judgement of you, not my opinion, but my judgement. I dont like what you are doing to one of the things that makes me feel BM is special radical self reliance.
somebody is going to pay for your work to get to go to something that is done by people who have given there time (all those people you mentioned- mostly volunteers!) and HAVE to do nothing, no planning no work to get there - not even telling somebody to do it for them all they have to do is write a cheque and they are at BM.
I Freely admit part of what pisses me off is i am having to give up every night out (6 - 1 a month) and scrimp and save just to get there i am having to spend a lot of time and thought into how i am going to pull this off, almost every regular poster on eplaya is talking about how they are planning how to get there, do there piece, share with others and renew old acquantainces, how to make the piece of art they want to give to everyone who goes and you, you SIR are offering an 'experience' so people can TAKE the most from BM
And your justification. . . .. . well other people are doing it why shouldn't I?...........
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
User avatar
graidawg
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron