Pool of Plenty & Exchanghibition Bank

Postby dadara » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:54 am

An interesting thought concerning the value of art and money.

I keep thinking this in the back of my head:

In 2001 I went for the first time to Burning Man.

Here in the Netherlands hardly anyone ever heard about BM, so we decided to hook up with an American group to go there and got in touch with the Black Rock Gazette. While camping with them I made some drawings for the newspaper and painted a mural. Only now do I realize that only maybe hundred meters or less away another guy, called Banksy, was also painting. On the outside wall of the Café:

His mural got thrown away. Somebody took mine home and I know they hung it in their living room:

But I also know that if I would have taken the Banksy mural home and sold it a few years later, I would not need to do any fund raising for this project, I would not have to worry about any money needed to fill the pool, and probably could've even build an Olympic size pool filled with money...............
dadara

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:04 am

Hahahaha! So true.
Suck it. -PlayaWaste Raiders
"They're like a bunch of Honey Badgers in a sea of hippies." -Goathead
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby Parasitoid » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:24 am

Note to self: Don't forget to send Dadara $20 by the end of the day
Parasitoid

Postby dadara » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Parasitoid wrote:Note to self: Don't forget to send Dadara $20 by the end of the day

I wanted to thank everyone who so far has contributed to help make this Dream become a Reality!

After all, it's better to swim in fantasy than drown in reality.........
There are still 37 hours left to support this first internet fundraising effort at Indiegogo:
http://www.indiegogo.com/Exchanghibition-Bank

I am almost done with the Million bill and have a meeting next week with the printer, so we can start making money to fill the pool by printing our own money!

To be continued.......

Thanx again so far

:D
dadara

Postby Sic Pup » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:55 pm

dadara wrote:Those that donate to the Indiegogo fundraiser will receive either a Zero or Million bill from the first edition, signed by me.

It's still on for another FIVE days:

So if I have this right it's either thanks a miliion or thanks for nothing? :wink:

Those look fabulous, I'd be proud to have either (and I just donated to prove it).

Can't wait to be swimming in dough.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby dadara » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Sic Pup wrote:
dadara wrote:Those that donate to the Indiegogo fundraiser will receive either a Zero or Million bill from the first edition, signed by me.

It's still on for another FIVE days:

So if I have this right it's either thanks a miliion or thanks for nothing? :wink:

Those look fabulous, I'd be proud to have either (and I just donated to prove it).

Can't wait to be swimming in dough.

There's another way to look at it. If you'd take a closer look at the bills you can see that on the ZERO one is written 'Searching for the Root of All Evil at the End of the Rainbow' and on the Million bill it says 'the root of all Happiness'

Your choice.
dadara

Postby dadara » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:54 am

I wanted to let you all know that I am very happy that I finished making millions!

The paintings were photographed this morning, and later today I met with the printer to discuss printing techniques and the possibility of adding silver or gold and will start printing the money (both the zero and million bills) next week! I am very excited about getting one step closer to reality for this dream.

I will return to the eplaya again soon to let you all know when the bills will be available from the bank!

dadara

Re: Pool of Plenty & Exchanghibition Bank

Postby Rollebolle » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:34 am

Im feeling ready for a relaxing day by the pool... martini anyone?
Rollebolle

Previous

Return to 2011 Art & Performance