Strike

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Strike

Postby thirt33n » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:16 pm

Like a match
hello, I'm on fire
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby thirt33n » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:21 pm

...and now, 998 posts later.

Hello me from 3 and a half years ago.

We've come so far.

You still have no hair on your head but your brain is way more fuller er and your heart has been crushed once since... (more by yourself than her)
..and gone through a long and dimly lit sector only to fan out and catch fire again

..you have indeed "partied like rockstars" and seen many interesting sights.
you have worked a little too hard and not set aside enough time for yourself but at least you have identified the truth....
you are taking better care of your body 9 months a year...

you have gone from mostly impatient and uptight in "work" situations to simply rigid in preparation and relaxed when operational.

you are almost 40 years old
you feel substantially younger
you are in love again with a beautiful woman with bright copper hair and green eyes and freckles

you are going home again, quite possibly for the last time physically

you ARE a "grown up"
...who acts like a kid because he can and love to

you are better than those who payed less attention
you are luckier than those who gave up
you are making a difference
you will not quit
you love love
you love
you

blow.
thirt33n

Postby gyre » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:14 pm

What does Thirteen think about you referring to him in the third person?

And how does that make you feel?
gyre

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:27 am

I feel sick to Doc Pyro's stomache.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Packoderm » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:36 am

I like this. It might not have been posted in the correct topic location though. I do not see any question/s specifically about Burning Man that one could answer. Again, I like it and thank you for sharing. I'll look forward to seeing your posts in the Open Discussion forum listed under Year Round Connections.
-Zeke
Packoderm

Postby ygmir » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:48 am

thirt33n wrote:...and now, 998 posts later.

Hello me from 3 and a half years ago.

We've come so far.

You still have no hair on your head but your brain is way more fuller er and your heart has been crushed once since... (more by yourself than her)
..and gone through a long and dimly lit sector only to fan out and catch fire again

..you have indeed "partied like rockstars" and seen many interesting sights.
you have worked a little too hard and not set aside enough time for yourself but at least you have identified the truth....
you are taking better care of your body 9 months a year...

you have gone from mostly impatient and uptight in "work" situations to simply rigid in preparation and relaxed when operational.

you are almost 40 years old
you feel substantially younger
you are in love again with a beautiful woman with bright copper hair and green eyes and freckles

you are going home again, quite possibly for the last time physically

you ARE a "grown up"
...who acts like a kid because he can and love to

you are better than those who payed less attention
you are luckier than those who gave up
you are making a difference
you will not quit
you love love
you love
you

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Ps5-CicEE[/youtube]
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Packoderm » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:18 am

Thirt33n, it is reasonable to expect backlash and derision from people who are not comfortable with radical self expression. Perhaps you have trolled in the past which might explain some of the derision. Myself, I do not consider Burning Man to be a one-week, blow out vacation where we can temporarily appreciate radical self expression as long as it is presented in a tasteful and popular manner in order to take a break from our otherwise mundane existence. I'd like to see your thoughts presented as printed work applied to the plywood walls that partitions one particular RV park located on 6:00 street from the rest of the population of BRC. I'd be willing [to] paint one panel of the plywood wall flat white to serve as a canvas for your work if the RV park allows.
Packoderm

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Simon's socks are going to just fucking love this thread.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Bob » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:16 pm

How did you predict the failure of NFL negotiations back in 2007?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby magic8ball » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:49 pm

I was hoping maybe to much I was oracle for eplaya.
maybe, I am not needed for prediction?
ALL KNOWING, ALL SEEING
Cousin of Horace
magic8ball

Postby thirt33n » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:22 pm

...and with my 1000th post

you know how when you first join a forum it can be confusing?
..well, apparently it was for me and I posted this in the wrong place. It should have been in the introductions.

...but for my 1000th post I wanted to reply to my first post so when I found it it brought back some memories of how life was and where I was in my life. I spoke to myself as if I had run into my former self...I don't think it's too difficult to understand. It made Doc Pyro sick but that doesn't say much as you, Doc, don't seem to be too deep a thinker....gyre, well, I think I felt fine talking to myself..I do it all the time...Packoderm, thank you for your comment and your offer which I would definitely be into. I have never been a "troll" only had a few strong debates and always hoped to end in a peaceful manner.
yggy, I take your vid post as a comedic compliment as you almost always have something interesting to add...and being able to stand outside yourself and view yourself as others would is not a bad thing.

oneeye, where are them socks you're talking about? ..I like to think that Simon doesn't fuck with me because he and I tend to silently walk together while we fuck with everybody else(me way less harshly, of course)..although I would always welcome his "wrath" cuz it always makes me laugh.

Bob, did I predict this years nfl failure or 2007s or are you just being whacky? ..i do LOVE the NFL and predictions and predicted last nights game 31 to 28 green bay(which was 3 points off)

8ball and bob--
i missed something? did I make a prediction somewhere? hmm.

anyway, over the years I've come to think of all of you as my interesting and dis functional family. I'm too confident to take anything personally as y'all don't really know me but Thanks for reading and thank you Packoderm for making the effort to get inside and find out who this thirt33n guy is without stumbling over your dick. :wink:

My name is Crux
...but you can call me thirt33n

..i pretty much love everybody and look forward to the dust
blow.
thirt33n

Postby ygmir » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm

thirt33n wrote:...and with my 1000th post

you know how when you first join a forum it can be confusing?
..well, apparently it was for me and I posted this in the wrong place. It should have been in the introductions.

...but for my 1000th post I wanted to reply to my first post so when I found it it brought back some memories of how life was and where I was in my life. I spoke to myself as if I had run into my former self...I don't think it's too difficult to understand. It made Doc Pyro sick but that doesn't say much as you, Doc, don't seem to be too deep a thinker....gyre, well, I think I felt fine talking to myself..I do it all the time...Packoderm, thank you for your comment and your offer which I would definitely be into. I have never been a "troll" only had a few strong debates and always hoped to end in a peaceful manner.
yggy, I take your vid post as a comedic compliment as you almost always have something interesting to add...and being able to stand outside yourself and view yourself as others would is not a bad thing.

oneeye, where are them socks you're talking about? ..I like to think that Simon doesn't fuck with me because he and I tend to silently walk together while we fuck with everybody else(me way less harshly, of course)..although I would always welcome his "wrath" cuz it always makes me laugh.

Bob, did I predict this years nfl failure or 2007s or are you just being whacky? ..i do LOVE the NFL and predictions and predicted last nights game 31 to 28 green bay(which was 3 points off)

8ball and bob--
i missed something? did I make a prediction somewhere? hmm.

anyway, over the years I've come to think of all of you as my interesting and dis functional family. I'm too confident to take anything personally as y'all don't really know me but Thanks for reading and thank you Packoderm for making the effort to get inside and find out who this thirt33n guy is without stumbling over your dick. :wink:

My name is Crux
...but you can call me thirt33n

..i pretty much love everybody and look forward to the dust

well said, Crux.......and, yeah, I was just playin' at funny there.
Plain off Gyre and Docs comments.

you're a cool cat.
and, a welcome participant.
no one has to agree with you.
or even like you.
just keep on playin in the sandbox.

*this is all just my opinion, I speak only for me*

congrats on 1K.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:32 pm

So, I'm not too deep of a thinker, huh? Well, I know you are but what am I?
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Strike

Postby Tiahaar » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:13 pm

thirt33n wrote:Like a match
hello, I'm on fire

Keep on burning dude (and keep those calves warm this winter if you can :wink: insider wink) and maybe will meet up with you on-playa one of these times yet.
Burning Man 2003-13; Desert Carillon, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage Tech
RING THE COCK Caravansy Peenerweight Boutique
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby thirt33n » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:12 pm

thanks yggy.. :D

doc, maybe i could have reworded that to read, "you'r not one of the deepest thinkers around here." ...which, as you know, changes things quite a bit. :wink:

Tiahaar!!
yeah man, this winter has been a bit kinder, actually. I hope to meet up as well. we shall keep track beforehand.
blow.
thirt33n

Return to Experiences at Burning Man