The fight against law enforcement in attaining our freedom

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby C.f.M. » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:57 am

Risky wrote:CFM - When you coming back to Reno? Huh?
Let's shoot guns and eat sushi!

I'm ready. Now.

Oh, I don't know....in about 300 something days?

(sigh)

Unless I get that benefactor, and can quit my job and concentrate on school and travel and burns!
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Risky » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:18 am

oh! Benefactors for everyone!
claps hands in glee
Risky

Postby spectabillis » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:24 am

oh stop with the drama, bajesus theres more morally indignant people here every year..

.. i intentionally changed the user name to reflect it was not your edit, genius. it was what i saw as a correction to yet another simplistic and misinformed post, thats often repeated over the years by many who eventually change thier perceptions as they repeat attendance.
spectabillis

Postby Risky » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:58 am

I would hands down win over you when it came to who is less of a drama queen on this board.
I can no longer read your crap.
Learn to spell and use proper punctuation, please?

spectabillis
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:33 am
then im sure you wont have much of a problem igonring it

spectabillis
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:24 am
oh stop with the drama, bajesus theres more morally indignant people here every year..
.. i intentionally changed the user name to reflect it was not your edit, genius. it was what i saw as a correction to yet another simplistic and misinformed post, thats often repeated over the years by many who eventually change thier perceptions as they repeat attendance.
Risky

Postby Fire_Moose » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:03 am

I'd say you are both equally drama ponies
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby Risky » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:48 am

wha? who me?

Risky

Postby C.f.M. » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:50 am

Risky wrote:wha? who me?

Muhmuhmuhmah, muh mah pony face...
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:06 pm

spectabillis wrote:is it an offense to impersonate a brc ranger? what do they do.. chase me in a golf cart using harsh language?

I impersonate an undercover Black Rock Ranger. Haven't been caught yet. ;)

Brought to mind this ad:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fizfCCx_jFc[/youtube]
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby spectabillis » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:16 pm

c'mon now, eplayans should do so much better

i nominate risky buscuit for moderator

spectabillis

Postby The CO » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Spec, take it to thunderdome. This thread is for people that don't understand law enforcement!
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby Kinetik V » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:10 pm

OMFG, now I gotta clean the screen. Damn you SB!
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby fbcota » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:52 am

God, eplaya is like the internet for old people who don't quite know how to troll a forum yet :p

On the cop side, less news about burners breaking laws and less citations means less political awareness. Less political awareness means less pressure from the politcians to police the event. Less pressure means less police.

There will always be cops. Some will always be dicks. If everyone is a bit smarter about their actions and avoids breaking the law then there will be less of them.

In the mean time, be nice to the cool and moderate cops. Bring them in as friends and treat them as people at the burn. People are people, and good people don't fuck friends over. This is true for cops. And the asshole cops, treat them like any asshole. Catch them failing and push to get them fired (if you can, or so desire, or whatever).

Yes, I am a silly so and so who thinks you can get bad people removed from positions of power. I also think if you are smart enough you can play cop tag anywhere. Ohh, feel free to read into this post as much as you like. LEO, that means you too. Cryptic fucker that guy is.
fbcota

Postby Kinetik V » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:00 am

fbcota wrote:Yes, I am a silly so and so who thinks you can get bad people removed from positions of power.

Finally, someone else who gets it!

I don't think I can. I know I can. And anyone else reading this forum can as well if they set their mind to it. All done fully legit, above board, and with honesty, integrity, and ethical standards intact.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby spectabillis » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:00 pm

The CO wrote:This thread is for people that don't understand law enforcement!

start with my cuz, retired okc leo and academy instructor. you dont want to understand him, not really, it gives you the creeps
spectabillis

Postby Token » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Kinetic V wrote:
fbcota wrote:Yes, I am a silly so and so who thinks you can get bad people removed from positions of power.

Finally, someone else who gets it!

I don't think I can. I know I can. And anyone else reading this forum can as well if they set their mind to it. All done fully legit, above board, and with honesty, integrity, and ethical standards intact.

But does it look pretty? Don't you dare leave aesthetics out of this.
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Sparkle Pony made my night

Postby Coastburner » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm

I think I'm going to try and create this for halloween this year. That is so fricking fantastic and like I said, made my entire week.

Coastburner
Coastburner

Re: The fight against law enforcement in attaining our freed

Postby bx1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:32 pm

sktELEMENT wrote:So I have been thinking of how to keep law enforcement off of our backs at Burning Man. I believe the reason they are busting more and more people and the bars is because the state is broke and this festival brings in so much money on a variety of levels. I was wondering if, as a message, if they skipped putting it on for a year, they would lose so much money that they would stop trying to suck us dry for every penny and let us do or thing...

Yes? No? Any other valid and SERIOUS ideas for how to fix this problem? Because seriously... it is becoming a big problem, and every year it is worse.

Ok I am sorry if this has already been stated as I did not read the entire thread; however if you want to keep LEOs off your back there is one simple solution: DON'T DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL.

Similar to other prophet speak I believe my man Chris Rock said it best with this little tidbit:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8[/youtube]
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

THE BUSH (Returning bigger and badder in 2011):

http://www.placesafterdark.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=872

bx1

Postby LLQchasm » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:31 pm

bx1 wrote:
sktELEMENT wrote:So I have been thinking of how to keep law enforcement off of our backs at Burning Man. I believe the reason they are busting more and more people and the bars is because the state is broke and this festival brings in so much money on a variety of levels. I was wondering if, as a message, if they skipped putting it on for a year, they would lose so much money that they would stop trying to suck us dry for every penny and let us do or thing...

Yes? No? Any other valid and SERIOUS ideas for how to fix this problem? Because seriously... it is becoming a big problem, and every year it is worse.

Ok I am sorry if this has already been stated as I did not read the entire thread; however if you want to keep LEOs off your back there is one simple solution: DON'T DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL.

Similar to other prophet speak I believe my man Chris Rock said it best with this little tidbit:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8[/youtube]

That works about 98% of the time.
LLQchasm

Postby sktELEMENT » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:49 pm

[quote="LLQchasm"][quote="bx1"][quote="sktELEMENT"]So I have been thinking of how to keep law enforcement off of our backs at Burning Man. I believe the reason they are busting more and more people and the bars is because the state is broke and this festival brings in so much money on a variety of levels. I was wondering if, as a message, if they skipped putting it on for a year, they would lose so much money that they would stop trying to suck us dry for every penny and let us do or thing...

Yes? No? Any other valid and SERIOUS ideas for how to fix this problem? Because seriously... it is becoming a big problem, and every year it is worse.[/quote]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8[/youtube][/quote]

That works about 98% of the time.[/quote]

Wow. That is so original, I never considered that. It's genius! Thanks!
Infect Me
sktELEMENT

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy