DVD Burner

Postby daratheresa » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 pm

"So baptize me in the stars
And wrap me in nighttime"
~s.w.
daratheresa

Postby Isotopia » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:04 pm

What say you?

I'd ask, what sort of commentary are you trying to incite with your lame-ass, open-ended questions?

I'd ask, why do you expect any of us here to take you seriously - especially when your MO (historically) has been to stir up shit around any Headline du Jour that you seem to think might garner some degree of controversy.

You might - just might - be taken seriously if you considered prefacing your little thread grenades with some personal opinion/insight.

But after 6-something years I'm thinking that likelihood is marginal at best.
Isotopia

Postby Thecatman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:11 pm

DVD Burner wrote:Seems everyone wants Al Jazeera now!

What say you?

In the words of Clint Eastwood:

"Don't know the man"
:lol:
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby Kinetik V » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:06 pm

If anyone wants unvarnished, non-corporate, tell it like it is media coverage of the events in Egypt by a team that takes pride in their work and furthers the field of journalism as a whole...then Al Jazeera English is worth seeking out and watching. It's really that good and it's starting to catch more and more people's attention. The quality of coverage will be quickly apparent.

In fact a large chunk of the Egyptian coverage that is not coming from the few Western reporters on the ground is coming from Al Jazeera. Their work is all over print media....and is being used for video as well.

Miss Iso...with all due respect don't shoot the messenger...take a minute to look at the message. You might like what you find since you're a no bullshit type. You won't find bullshit or government spin on Al Jazeera English. And that's what makes it so damn different...and good.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Kinetic V wrote:If anyone wants unvarnished, non-corporate, tell it like it is media coverage of the events in Egypt by a team that takes pride in their work and furthers the field of journalism as a whole...then Al Jazeera English is worth seeking out and watching. It's really that good and it's starting to catch more and more people's attention. The quality of coverage will be quickly apparent.

In fact a large chunk of the Egyptian coverage that is not coming from the few Western reporters on the ground is coming from Al Jazeera. Their work is all over print media....and is being used for video as well.

Miss Iso...with all due respect don't shoot the messenger...take a minute to look at the message. You might like what you find since you're a no bullshit type. You won't find bullshit or government spin on Al Jazeera English. And that's what makes it so damn different...and good.

ISO is not gonna be dominate because ISO is not Dominate!

Thanks for the recog K!

I so hate being hardcore/right all the time but I'm hard wired that way!

I bring truth to what I post!

I am consistent that way!

For how many years?

No matter how crazy I sound!

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:18 pm

ha ha ha ha ha!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:24 pm

hey, for someone that hates GIF's as much as ISO/Badger does, you have the best images EVER!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really have loved them all!

Too funny!

Especially the girl that gets kicked while pissing!

THAT WAS HILARIOUS!

And i thought I was the only one that noticed that!

I am sure you noticed I mentioned that to you before!

CLASSIC!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:31 pm

THANK YOU!

My point 3 years in the making!

As usual as anyone will tell you here on eplaya.............I have made this point FOREVER................and you can look me up ALL OVER EPLAYA!

uh!

Or if you want, inbox me! :P

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby daratheresa » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:17 am

DVD Burner wrote:

THANK YOU!

My point 3 years in the making!

As usual as anyone will tell you here on eplaya.............I have made this point FOREVER................and you can look me up ALL OVER EPLAYA!

uh!

Or if you want, inbox me! :P

i've seen your posts. all over eplaya. i'm shy, really, i read a lot more than i comment on. though you are often (not always) right, you're awfully inflammatory in your deliveries, so i usually avoid commenting.

i started reading more foreign news sources a few years ago, looking for more information. the US, UK, and other western news sources don't report shit unless it can be packaged in to a ten second sound byte and sandwiched between advertisements.

Al Jazeera is really setting a new standard for reporting, i think. way more in depth and accurate, about issues that actually matter.

now, if you want some interesting news from a totally different viewpoint, check out http://www.presstv.ir (english language out of iran) or maybe http://www.haaretz.com/ (english language out of israel)... perhaps not quite as 100% accurate as al jazeera, but i find it informative just to see how other places see things.
"So baptize me in the stars
And wrap me in nighttime"
~s.w.
daratheresa

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:34 am

It was considered a propaganda outlet during earlier conflicts.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Isotopia » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:48 am

Al Jazeera is really setting a new standard for reporting, i think. way more in depth and accurate, about issues that actually matter.

I think Al Jazeera is starting a new standard of reporting for themselves. Historically their reportage has been anything but unbiased. This is especially so when the issue of Lebanese politics and the associated reporting comes to the fore.

Still, I do hope they seize the opportunity to give themselves some global legitimacy.
Isotopia

Postby jkisha » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Isotopia wrote:

I think Al Jazeera is starting a new standard of reporting for themselves. Historically their reportage has been anything but unbiased. This is especially so when the issue of Lebanese politics and the associated reporting comes to the fore.

Still, I do hope they seize the opportunity to give themselves some global legitimacy.

I've followed their reporting for years and also subscribe to their twitter feed. In the beginning I tried to compare the English version with the Arabic version, which just judging from the pictures it totally different, and that was in the days before Google translate. But for the most part, I haven't notice all that much bias. And they certainly couldn't be considered bias in comparison to Fox news.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to Open Discussion