Looking to renew our vows

Looking to renew our vows

Postby panduhmama » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Me and my husband are looking for a camp/person who can marry us out on the playa. We have been married since 2008 and we are wanting to renew our vows. We had originally wanted to get married out at burning man but our families lets just say we're not to happy about that. If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated. Thanks and happy burning!
panduhmama

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Looking to renew our vows

Postby mudpuppy000 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:08 pm

panduhmama wrote:Me and my husband are looking for a camp/person who can marry us out on the playa. We have been married since 2008 and we are wanting to renew our vows. We had originally wanted to get married out at burning man but our families lets just say we're not to happy about that. If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated. Thanks and happy burning!

I've seen quite a few weddings out at the temple at sunset. I'm not sure who was officiating though.
mudpuppy000

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:11 pm

You don't need a legal officiant to renew vows- you are already legally married. Have someone you care for do it- it will have more meaning than just some random person that way.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby panduhmama » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:11 pm

[quote="Eric"]You don't need a legal officiant to renew vows- you are already legally married. Have someone you care for do it- it will have more meaning than just some random person that way.[/quote]

I only have about 4 friends going for sure this year and my sister who missed our first wedding, so I kinda wanted someone else to do the ceremony. But that is something to look into.
panduhmama

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:23 pm

Since you only have a few friends coming, another option would be to wait until you get to the playa & see who you bond with.

There are always new friends, and the perfect person could be a complete stranger with the right "magic".

Also- go to your profile and "enable BBCode". That will make your quotes show up properly. One of the little tricks you have to be told around here.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby TomServo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Contact the Sun Dial Project. I think it would be a great platform to renew your vows!
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby panduhmama » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:06 am

Eric wrote:Since you only have a few friends coming, another option would be to wait until you get to the playa & see who you bond with.

There are always new friends, and the perfect person could be a complete stranger with the right "magic".

Also- go to your profile and "enable BBCode". That will make your quotes show up properly. One of the little tricks you have to be told around here.

wooohoo it worked! thanks!

And very true, we could meet someone out there that would be perfect for that.
panduhmama

Postby panduhmama » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:07 am

TomServo wrote:Contact the Sun Dial Project. I think it would be a great platform to renew your vows!

Awesome! I emailed them to see :)
panduhmama

Postby Leo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:17 pm

On the Saturday afternoon of the burn last year I was hanging out at the Party Naked Tiki Bar on the Esplanade when a small group wandered in. I found myself being in the audience of a naked wedding at Party Naked. The bride, groom, officiant, and guests were all naked. No costume? No problem.
I'm not saying that you should say your vows at Party Naked, but it is an option that you might not consider in the default world.
Best Regards,
Leo
Leo

Return to 2011 Art & Performance