Pool of Plenty & Exchanghibition Bank

Postby xaramonkey » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Checked the page. Dug the art. 20 on the way shortly.

Also, I would thoroughly enjoy part-time construction, crowd control, lifeguard, or cabanamonkey duties.

Traveler of both space and time possesses flowers and weapons. -e
monkey monkey
xaramonkey

Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: yet Xara still remains

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:55 am

yeah, what the monkey said...

as soon as i buy a gift card (i dont do banks or credit cards) i will e-transfer a virtual but redeemable e-$20 to you in exchange for a real live piece of art.

a bargain in my eyes.

May the Bernanke be with you.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:11 am

those greedy bastards cut out the thunderclap newman track, but it's still worth the time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQxL0O1lYvg&feature=related[/youtube]
one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby dadara » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:16 pm

xaramonkey wrote:PS-I haven't even looked at your project page yet. The $20 I offered just seemed like what your bills would be "worth". Careful with that 20/0 USD ratio!

the 20/0 ratio might get even trickier once I finish the Million bill and start designing the INFINITY bill :?

xaramonkey wrote:Checked the page. Dug the art. 20 on the way shortly.

Also, I would thoroughly enjoy part-time construction, crowd control, lifeguard, or cabanamonkey duties.

Traveler of both space and time possesses flowers and weapons. -e

If you are interested in helping out, then you can contact me through the
contact page of the bank :
http://exchanghibitionbank.com/contact/ or
inartwetrust (at) artasmoney (dot) com
because IN ART WE TRUST ................

Simon of the Playa wrote:yeah, what the monkey said...

as soon as i buy a gift card (i dont do banks or credit cards) i will e-transfer a virtual but redeemable e-$20 to you in exchange for a real live piece of art.

I guess the Exchanghibition Bank is the only bank which ever received a bailout from the public.
dadara

Postby xaramonkey » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Not Bail-Outers please...Speculative Counterfeiters.... I mean Shareholders.

Spell check says: I before E except after C...and F... and W...and other weird words like wierd.
monkey monkey
xaramonkey

Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: yet Xara still remains

Postby dadara » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:12 pm

I just made a short video in my studio with a friend of mine to explain the project for the fundraising page at Indiegogo :
http://www.indiegogo.com/Exchanghibition-Bank

After all, this project has a lot of layers and involves a lot of text, so I thought a short clip to accompany all those words wouldn't hurt to help the fundraising a little bit :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSTcezxBUd8[/youtube]
dadara

Postby fbcota » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:35 pm

I know I said I love this idea. But I will say it again. I love this idea. It seems the budget for the project could get pretty high. How do you plan to build the pool? Will it have glass tiles? Is the pool going to look like a burning man pool? The bills are phenominal, would be a shame if the set piece they live in didn't live up to there quality level.
fbcota

Postby dadara » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:18 pm

fbcota wrote:I know I said I love this idea. But I will say it again. I love this idea. It seems the budget for the project could get pretty high. How do you plan to build the pool? Will it have glass tiles? Is the pool going to look like a burning man pool? The bills are phenominal, would be a shame if the set piece they live in didn't live up to there quality level.

I am wondering what a 'burning man pool' is ?

This pool will be built inside a big vault. After all it's like the Fort Knox of the Exchanghibition Bank.
dadara

Postby Sirjohnfoams » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:19 am

[quote="dadara"]I just made a short video in my studio with a friend of mine to explain the project for the fundraising page at Indiegogo :
[url]http://www.indiegogo.com/Exchanghibition-Bank[/url]

After all, this project has a lot of layers and involves a lot of text, so I thought a short clip to accompany all those words wouldn't hurt to help the fundraising a little bit :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSTcezxBUd8[/youtube][/quote]

[b]Heheh, is it a money-clip?[/b] I was just wondering if 5K will be enough for you pool, it looks kinda big and conrete-like? I would be very happy to fund through indiegogo, but could you also alter a 'real' bill for me? That would really make it hard: is it still money, or did it just become art?!
Sirjohnfoams

Postby dadara » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Sirjohnfoams wrote:
dadara wrote:I just made a short video in my studio with a friend of mine to explain the project for the fundraising page at Indiegogo :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSTcezxBUd8[/youtube]

Heheh, is it a money-clip? I was just wondering if 5K will be enough for you pool, it looks kinda big and conrete-like? I would be very happy to fund through indiegogo, but could you also alter a 'real' bill for me? That would really make it hard: is it still money, or did it just become art?!

5K definitely won't be enough, but this page is and will only be one of many steps to take to make this new Dream become Reality. I managed to get a grant in the Netherlands which will enable me to build the Bank booth, make the bankers suits and print some limited edition money and hopefully this 'Bank' can start raising some more money towards the big Dream in the desert :D

And I also have to thank a lot of dedicated people here in the Netherlands ( and some in the States as well ) who already started helping me and ,amongst others, have built the website and blog.

Also one good thing and the reason I chose for Indiegogo in this early stage when there's still not very much to show physically, is that, as opposed to Kickstarter, at Indiegogo you get to keep the money raised, also if you don't reach your 'goal'.

But of course it wouldn't hurt to get as close to the goal as possible..........
dadara

Postby dadara » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:17 am

As they often say: 'Burning Man will change your life'

Well, it is happening; for the first time ever in my life I am now wearing a suit and tie!

It's not an easy job, being a CEO of the Exchanghibition Bank.....

dadara

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:55 am

It's wonderful to see your face again, it's been too long. Your playa projects are always so interesting, and your art is really amazing. I must have one of those new dollars! What's the exchange rate with dream dollars?
Suck it. -PlayaWaste Raiders
"They're like a bunch of Honey Badgers in a sea of hippies." -Goathead
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby dadara » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:28 pm

I couldn't resist posting a picture of the new design for the bank booth, which my 5 year old son Mundo designed :-)

He actually specifically asked me to post it on the Facebook page of the project (http://www.facebook.com/artasmoney), but I am sure he wouldn't mind it being on the Burning Man ePlaya as well....

dadara

Postby dadara » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:30 am

Making your Dreams come true definitely requires some sacrifices!
I had to cut my hair to make it fit the Exchanghibition Bank suit and my new status as a CEO ........

scroll a little bit upthread to get the 'before' and 'after' effect :-)
dadara

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:31 am

It looks great! I love the flowers on your shoes. :D
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby dadara » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:34 am

Dr Jet Sinister wrote:It looks great! I love the flowers on your shoes. :D

Those are not flowers, but paint splatters.

I am one of those CEO's who doesn't mind getting his hands (and other parts) dirty........
dadara

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:01 am

dadara wrote:
Dr Jet Sinister wrote:It looks great! I love the flowers on your shoes. :D

Those are not flowers, but paint splatters.

I am one of those CEO's who doesn't mind getting his hands (and other parts) dirty........

Bummer. Flowers would be better. ;)
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:49 am

Where I come from, paint splatters are very cool. They say "Working Artist" quite loudly.
And that suit! I love the way it makes you look like you're standing in a bright spot.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby dadara » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:27 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Where I come from, paint splatters are very cool. They say "Working Artist" quite loudly.
And that suit! I love the way it makes you look like you're standing in a bright spot.

The pic is taken at the Pecha Kucha evening last Wednesday, where I gave a talk about the project. Dressed for the first time in my life in a suit and tie.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS98YNz02mY[/youtube]

Short hair, suit and tie, I even have a business card now for the first time in m life.

Burning Man truly is changing my life LOL

dadara

Postby Nothing » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:10 pm

When are you planning to get the 'art money' I'd like to give my 'real money' some actual value by trading some of mine for yours!
Nothing

Postby Parasitoid » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Nothing wrote:When are you planning to get the 'art money' I'd like to give my 'real money' some actual value by trading some of mine for yours!

If you check out his website you can donate some of your presidential photos in exchange for one of the bills.
Parasitoid

Postby dadara » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Nothing wrote:When are you planning to get the 'art money' I'd like to give my 'real money' some actual value by trading some of mine for yours!

I am almost done with making millions :-)
Now working on the second side of the Million bill as you can see in this pic.
The other side is somewhere else in this thread.
Once I am ready with this one, then I'll have the first edition of the Zero and Million bills printed. I can't wait!!

dadara

Postby moonrise » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:08 pm

One Andrew Jackson on the way!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby dadara » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:27 pm

moonrise wrote:One Andrew Jackson on the way!

Being European, the name Andrew Jackson didn't directly ring a bell, so I decided to google it and found this image.

But of course I decided to google a little bit more...........
dadara

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Jackson is on the $20 bill. "Old Hickory." Just another general who became president. War of 1812.
Washington is on the one.
Lincoln is on the five--I think.
The 10, I'm not sure about, so that could be Lincoln instead.
The one hundred is Ben Franklin.
And despite the fact that I have two in my position, I can't remember who's on the two.

You don't have people on your folding money any more, do you? Interesting in the euro-world.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Herring » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:42 pm

Jefferson is on the two.

Everything about this project is beautiful. I love the formal (jump)suit. And the bill designs. Beautiful.
Herring

Postby moonrise » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:42 pm

Isn't that a hoot, last week, I was given a replica of a One Million Dollar Bill!

Somebody has photo shop, hmmmm, he was the 7th president, but my one mil bill looks very different on the flipside

dadara, yours are the best! What's it gonna take to get that one mil dadara bill?
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby dadara » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:59 am

moonrise wrote:
dadara, yours are the best! What's it gonna take to get that one mil dadara bill?

Those that donate to the Indiegogo fundraiser will receive either a Zero or Million bill from the first edition, signed by me.

It's still on for another FIVE days:

We are now working on the possibility to buy the bills in the near future from the Exchanghibition Bank website. After all, I can either spend more effort to fundraise money to build the pool or just start printing my own money............
dadara

Postby moonrise » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:59 am

Got it....Show me the Money!

Indiegogo was fast n easy. I wish it were more...perhaps this bump will help ;)
moonrise

Postby dadara » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:40 pm

moonrise wrote:Got it....Show me the Money!

Indiegogo was fast n easy. I wish it were more...perhaps this bump will help ;)

I guess since there are only 4 days left for this initial fundraising page I should bump it as well :D

dadara

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 Art & Performance