Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:28 pm

DAMN IT. EPLAYA BURNINGMAN SERVERS ARE SO GODDAMN SLOW......

AND TO TOP IT OFF, I OFFERED FOR FREE, FREE SEVERS TO BM TO AVOID THIS.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:42 pm

jkisha wrote:Funny how that US map that Sarah Palin had on her website has mysteriously disappeared. You remember the one...with the gun sites on various targets...like Gabriella Giffords.

JK

wouldn't you take it down?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby jkisha » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:48 pm

ygmir wrote:
jkisha wrote:Funny how that US map that Sarah Palin had on her website has mysteriously disappeared. You remember the one...with the gun sites on various targets...like Gabriella Giffords.

JK

wouldn't you take it down?

He'll yes. But up until today, she was defiantly defending it being there. Now, if she came out and actually admitted it wasn't the smartest thing to have done in the first place, and that all this "second amendment remedies" talk just might have unintended consequences after all...

Just sayin...
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby gyre » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:00 am

Hardly unintended consequences.

Boringly predictable.
And expected.
gyre

Postby jkisha » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:36 am

gyre wrote:Hardly unintended consequences.

Boringly predictable.
And expected.

Can't say I disagree.

JK
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby Trishntek » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:09 pm

I find it interesting that, out of 55 murders a year in Tucson, this shooting gets so much attention. WTF,,,, are elected officials supposed immune from life perils? It must be a slow day in the newsroom to make such a big deal out of something that happens weekly.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/az/tucson/crime/
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby jkisha » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:12 pm

Trishntek wrote:I find it interesting that, out of 55 murders a year in Tucson, this shooting gets so much attention. WTF,,,, are elected officials supposed immune from life perils? It must be a slow day in the newsroom to make such a big deal out of something that happens weekly.

Hmmmm, let's see...might it be that this was a mass murder involving a congress women who has gotten previous death threats, a judge and an innocent nine year old??? Not to mention the other fifteen or so others who were killed or injured.

That's about the most ridiculous question I believe I have ever heard you ask, and it provides an insight into your mindset. You have certainly lost all credibility as to having any ability to form reasonable opinions grounded in reality.

JK

Jk
JK
jkisha

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:33 pm

"Sarah Palin's Alaska" Faces Reality: Cancellation

Submitted by Michael Santo on 2011-01-10

Fans of Sarah Palin will be disappointed to hear that her show, "Sarah Palin's Alaska," has been cancelled. Unfortunately, there weren't enough to keep the show on the air.
TLC has cancelled the former Alaskan governor's reality series, which premiered on Nov. 14 to the network's best ever launch rating. Since then, however, ratings have dropped, and dropped, and dropped.

The final episode of the show will air tonight on TLC, at 8PM EST. It will be a two-hour series finale, not season finale, according to Entertainment Weekly.

The show averaged 3.2 million viewers per week. It's unclear if yesterday's horrific shooting in Tucson, which nearly claimed the life of Democratic Senator Gabrielle Giffords, had anything to do with the cancellation.

While still unclear why Jared Lee Loughner went after Giffords, shooting her critically, wounding 17 others and killing six, including a federal judge and a nine-year-old girl, Giffords was on Palin's "hit list." During the Nov. campaign, Palin's PAC placed an ad with a gun sight superimposed over congressional districts, including Giffords's.

And to think, it took A FEW MURDERS to finally shut this MORON up!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Trishntek » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:40 pm

jkisha wrote:
Trishntek wrote:I find it interesting that, out of 55 murders a year in Tucson, this shooting gets so much attention. WTF,,,, are elected officials supposed immune from life perils? It must be a slow day in the newsroom to make such a big deal out of something that happens weekly.

Hmmmm, let's see...might it be that this was a mass murder involving a congress women who has gotten previous death threats, a judge and an innocent nine year old??? Not to mention the other fifteen or so others who were killed or injured.

That's about the most ridiculous question I believe I have ever heard you ask, and it provides an insight into your mindset. You have certainly lost all credibility as to having any ability to form reasonable opinions grounded in reality.

JK

Jk

Again,,,, people get shot, children get shot all over the world without consuming every minute of the fucking day on the news. Just because it's an elected official makes it more important? Such is the mentality of a class system which places different individuals at different levels of importance. The thrust of my meaning is all human life is precious,,,, and an elected official's life is no more important than the 6-year-old in East L.A. getting shot during a gang shoot out.
Trishntek

Postby Trishntek » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:12 pm

DVD Burner wrote:"Sarah Palin's Alaska" Faces Reality: Cancellation

Fans of Sarah Palin will be disappointed to hear that her show, "Sarah Palin's Alaska," has been cancelled. Unfortunately, there weren't enough to keep the show on the air.
TLC has cancelled the former Alaskan governor's reality series, which premiered on Nov. 14 to the network's best ever launch rating. Since then, however, ratings have dropped, and dropped, and dropped.

The final episode of the show will air tonight on TLC, at 8PM EST. It will be a two-hour series finale, not season finale, according to Entertainment Weekly.

The show averaged 3.2 million viewers per week. It's unclear if yesterday's horrific shooting in Tucson, which nearly claimed the life of Democratic Senator Gabrielle Giffords, had anything to do with the cancellation.

While still unclear why Jared Lee Loughner went after Giffords, shooting her critically, wounding 17 others and killing six, including a federal judge and a nine-year-old girl, Giffords was on Palin's "hit list." During the Nov. campaign, Palin's PAC placed an ad with a gun sight superimposed over congressional districts, including Giffords's.

Speaking of morons,,,, the show was only EIGHT EPISODES long from the beginning!

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/sarah-palin-alaska/about-the-show/about-the-show.html

edited to add this quote from the website for those too fucking lazy to dig for truth:
The 8-week television event is produced by Mark Burnett Productions and is scheduled to premiere Sunday, November 14 at 9/8C.
Trishntek

Postby jkisha » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Trishntek wrote:
jkisha wrote:

JK

Jk

Again,,,, people get shot, children get shot all over the world without consuming every minute of the fucking day on the news. Just because it's an elected official makes it more important? Such is the mentality of a class system which places different individuals at different levels of importance. The thrust of my meaning is all human life is precious,,,, and an elected official's life is no more important than the 6-year-old in East L.A. getting shot during a gang shoot out.

Both are agreeably tragic. But one has much greater implications.

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby ygmir » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:45 pm

conspiracy theorists might point at this as a pattern in the White House.......
perhaps that the rules don't apply to them?
or, that no one will notice?

CHICAGO — An Illinois appeals court panel has ruled that Rahm Emanuel, the former White House chief of staff, does not qualify to run for mayor of Chicago in next month’s election.

The ruling, which was announced on Monday, comes as a significant and unexpected setback for Mr. Emanuel, who has been a front-runner both in polls and in fundraising in the race to replace Richard M. Daley, the city’s longest serving mayor, who will retire this spring.

The question of Mr. Emanuel’s residency — and whether he had lived in Chicago long enough to appear on the city’s ballot — had been a matter of debate since Mr. Emanuel departed the White House last fall to run for mayor.

Mr. Emanuel contended that he had always maintained a home in Chicago, the city where he was born, and that his time at the White House was a matter of national service. But Mr. Emanuel’s opponents said that Mr. Emanuel did not meet the state’s residency requirements to run for a mayoralty, one of which is to have lived in the city for a year before the day of the election. His return to Chicago in the fall, they argued, was too late to qualify for a Feb. 22 ballot.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby jkisha » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Since you limited this to conspiracy theorists, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, you'll note that it was both noticed and prevented, hardly fodder for a conspiracy.

JK

ygmir wrote:conspiracy theorists might point at this as a pattern in the White House.......

CHICAGO — An Illinois appeals court panel has ruled that Rahm Emanuel, the former White House chief of staff, does not qualify to run for mayor of Chicago in next month’s election.

The ruling, which was announced on Monday, comes as a significant and unexpected setback for Mr. Emanuel, who has been a front-runner both in polls and in fundraising in the race to replace Richard M. Daley, the city’s longest serving mayor, who will retire this spring.

The question of Mr. Emanuel’s residency — and whether he had lived in Chicago long enough to appear on the city’s ballot — had been a matter of debate since Mr. Emanuel departed the White House last fall to run for mayor.

Mr. Emanuel contended that he had always maintained a home in Chicago, the city where he was born, and that his time at the White House was a matter of national service. But Mr. Emanuel’s opponents said that Mr. Emanuel did not meet the state’s residency requirements to run for a mayoralty, one of which is to have lived in the city for a year before the day of the election. His return to Chicago in the fall, they argued, was too late to qualify for a Feb. 22 ballot.
JK
jkisha

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:10 pm

http://www.politicususa.com/en/sarah-pa ... val-rating
Sarah Palin’s Approval Rating Hits a New All Time Low
As Sarah Palin basks in both the cash of, and the love from the Tea Party, a new Washington Post poll reveals that her political popularity among the nation as a whole has never been lower. Conservative Republicans give her a 71% approval rating and tea partiers put her at 60%, but the nation as a whole gives her only a 37% approval rating, and a 55% disapproval rating.

The most striking number from the Washington Post poll was that only 17% of all Americans surveyed said that they held a strongly favorable view of the former Alaska governor. In contrast, 41% of respondents strongly disapproved of her. Palin’s rating with Independents mirrors her overall 37%-55% approval/disapproval rating. Her favorability rating gains one point with Independents to 38%, while her disapproval rating holds steady at 55%

Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby gyre » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Does Palin really have a WTFWJD? bumper sticker on her car?
gyre

Postby ygmir » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:54 pm

jkisha wrote:Since you limited this to conspiracy theorists, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, you'll note that it was both noticed and prevented, hardly fodder for a conspiracy.

JK

ygmir wrote:conspiracy theorists might point at this as a pattern in the White House.......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKm5xQyD2vE&feature=related[/youtube]

just pokin at ya JK........I knew you'd like it.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby jkisha » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Say it ain't so Alisa Zinovievna Rosenbaum.

A heavy smoker who refused to believe that smoking causes cancer brings to mind those today who are equally certain there is no such thing as global warming. Unfortunately, Miss Rand was a fatal victim of lung cancer.

However, it was revealed in the recent "Oral History of Ayn Rand" by Scott McConnell (founder of the media department at the Ayn Rand Institute) that in the end Ayn was a vip-dipper as well. An interview with Evva Pryror, a social worker and consultant to Miss Rand's law firm of Ernst, Cane, Gitlin and Winick verified that on Miss Rand's behalf she secured Rand's Social Security and Medicare payments which Ayn received under the name of Ann O'Connor (husband Frank O'Connor).

As Pryor said, "Doctors cost a lot more money than books earn and she could be totally wiped out" without the aid of these two government programs. Ayn took the bail out even though Ayn "despised government interference and felt that people should and could live independently... She didn't feel that an individual should take help."

But alas she did and said it was wrong for everyone else to do so. Apart from the strong implication that those who take the help are morally weak, it is also a philosophic point that such help dulls the will to work, to save and government assistance is said to dull the entrepreneurial spirit.

In the end, Miss Rand was a hypocrite but she could never be faulted for failing to act in her own self-interest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-f ... 2184.html#

Ayn Rand, who would have guessed? So revered by conservatives and the tea party, yet such a hypocrite.

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Just wondering if the LITTLE ONE still has a problem with Al Jazeera?

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Trishntek wrote:
DVD Burner wrote:"Sarah Palin's Alaska" Faces Reality: Cancellation

Speaking of morons,,,, the show was only EIGHT EPISODES long from the beginning!

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/sarah-palin-alaska/about-the-show/about-the-show.html

edited to add this quote from the website for those too fucking lazy to dig for truth:
The 8-week television event is produced by Mark Burnett Productions and is scheduled to premiere Sunday, November 14 at 9/8C.

AND?

Too bad for you these days!

You still look like a MORON!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby gyre » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:57 am

Should this be in the survival thread?

Republicans to fight for poison in water...again.

Anyone shocked?
Anyone having trouble seeing a pattern here?
gyre

Postby can't sit still » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:32 am

Gyre, it's a simple matter of addition and subtraction. GOV [banks and corporations] spends $ 1.4 trillion on the defense budget,,, and get rich.
GOV spends $ 800 billion on medicare and SS,,,,, and doesn't get rich. If GOV can subtract all the elderly and poor from it's responsibilities, the corporations and bankers can get richer. Fluoride, chem-spraying, aspartame, HFCS, black-box-label drugs, suppression of medical cures, etc, etc. It all contributes towards a reduction dependents.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.
can't sit still

Postby can't sit still » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:21 pm

I'm not sure of the veracity of this article. It cites Huffington Post and another. VERY strange;
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/399/615/ ... ngton.html
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.
can't sit still

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:57 pm

gyre wrote:Should this be in the survival thread?

Republicans to fight for poison in water...again.

Anyone shocked?
Anyone having trouble seeing a pattern here?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just now seeing this!

Too funny!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:59 pm

can't sit still wrote:Gyre, it's a simple matter of addition and subtraction. GOV [banks and corporations] spends $ 1.4 trillion on the defense budget,,, and get rich.
GOV spends $ 800 billion on medicare and SS,,,,, and doesn't get rich. If GOV can subtract all the elderly and poor from it's responsibilities, the corporations and bankers can get richer. Fluoride, chem-spraying, aspartame, HFCS, black-box-label drugs, suppression of medical cures, etc, etc. It all contributes towards a reduction dependents.

WOW!

you are really really good!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby can't sit still » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:32 pm

DVD, I just connect a few things here and there. Time will tell if the connection is a fact or not.
In a war, a general looks at troop numbers and decides the best way to advance the cause and still preserve as much strength as possible. Sadly, he can't very well look at each number as a person. The same is often true in politics. Often, the pragmatic solution is to do a lot of killing to reach a desired objective.
Apparently, the cold-hearted pragmatists are looking for a slaughter as the most efficient solution to Egypt's problems. Tienanmen Square seems to be the desired "role model".
"A “Holocaustâ€
can't sit still

Postby can't sit still » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:58 pm

This is an excellent article on state's rights;
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=262773
can't sit still

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:30 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETlq6fWaNuQ[/youtube]

yep born a moron!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby jkisha » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:30 pm

can't sit still wrote:I'm not sure of the veracity of this article. It cites Huffington Post and another. VERY strange;
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/399/615/ ... ngton.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muc4PDFQ94I[/youtube]

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby jkisha » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:32 pm

can't sit still wrote:This is an excellent article on state's rights;
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=262773

Far from one of your best.

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:33 pm

SO INCREDIBLY GLAD HILLARY IS NOT PRESIDENT!

Not totally happy with OBAMA but by far better than Hillary!

Oh, and btw, I always thought she was HOT!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion