Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby can't sit still » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:09 pm

There is some scuttlebutt about Hillary stepping down. Who the hell knows. After Rahm left, there aren't any sure bets.
http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/hillar ... of-state/#
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.
can't sit still

Postby geekster » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:42 pm

North Korea is a paper tiger, only know how to yell

North Korea's military has zero combat experience in 50 years. They can't fuel or feed an army in the field for very long. That said, they can do one hell of a lot of damage. The problem is that if there is war, both sides lose. South Korea probably loses the most. North Korea would lose militarily in short order (within a few months) but then South Korea would be faced with Seoul nearly wiped out, perhaps millions dead, and then be saddled with having to care for the population of North Korea. The people who would stand to make the best of it is North Korea because even if they lose, they win.

Maybe that is what the generals there are trying to do. Maybe they are tired of the megalomaniacal dynasty and are stroking the egos of "Dear Leader" in order to start a war and just get it over with. Again, even of North Korea loses, they win from a human perspective.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby jkisha » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:31 pm

can't sit still wrote:Yeah but, what does his consultant know?
The Clinton Balanced Budget Myth:

http://www.factcheck.org/askfa...

Clinton ran deficits throughout all 8 years of his term, and one can go to the US Treasury Department and looking through the history of the total outstanding debt throughout Clintons term. (http://www.treasurydirect.gov/...)

Every year Clinton was in office, the total national debt continued to climb.

How Clinton managed to claim a surplus was that while the general operating budgets ran deficits but Clinton borrowed from numerous off budget funds to make the on budget fund a surplus.

For example, in 2000, Clinton claimed a $230B surplus, but Clinton borrowed
$152.3B from Social Security
$30.9B from Civil Service Retirement Fund
$18.5B from Federal Supplementary Medical insurance Trust Fund
$15.0B from Federal Hospital Insurance Trust Fund
$9.0B from the Federal Unemployment Trust Fund
$8.2B from Military Retirement Fund
$3.8B from Transportation Trust Funds
$1.8B from Employee Life Insurance & Retirement fund
$7.0B from others

Total borrowed from off budget funds $246.5B, meaning that his $230B surplus is actually a $16.5B deficit.
($246.5B borrowed - $230B claimed surplus = $16.5B actual deficit).

Please fix your link to Factcheck.org, my link tells a different story http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/d ... deral.html

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby can't sit still » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Sorry jk
Much of the debate is made murky by sleight-of-hand accounting rules;
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... usat_x.htm
The factcheck site isn't as clear as the first site.
http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/d ... deral.html
Regardless of how you look at it;
The debt clock climbs at a faster rate than the deficit. Not sure just how that comes about. The comptroller-general said that for years, he was unable to certify that the budget report was accurate or honest. I tended to believe David Walker mare than Bush.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.
can't sit still

Postby ygmir » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:02 am

well,
as of today, those of us in CA, will have out "moonbeams" on high.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby can't sit still » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:10 am

Yep, and L.A. is cut off and isolated by snow.
Seems that Germany and the Vatican are scheduled to rule the world;
http://www.henrymakow.com/illuminati_ab ... e_hor.html
can't sit still

Postby geekster » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:25 am

First of all, I would not rely on Factcheck.org for anything, it is a politically biased site funded by George Soros (like Media Matters and others). It is an activist site masquerading as some sort of "truth" site.

But here is the reason for my posting. This came in the mail today:

Lawrence Livermore Laboratories has discovered the heaviest element yet known to science.

The new element, Governmentium (Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert; however, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2- 6 years. It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.

This characteristic of morons promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as critical morass.

When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium, an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.
geekster

Postby geekster » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:32 am

Also some other notes about "fact" check:

"Prior to fiscal 2010, we were supported entirely by three sources: funds from the APPC’s own resources (specifically an endowment created in 1993 by the Annenberg Foundation at the direction of the late Walter Annenberg, and a 1995 grant by the Annenberg Foundation to fund APPC’s Washington, D.C., base); additional funds from the Annenberg Foundation"

Which seems all well and good until ..

"Barack Obama was the first Chairman of the Board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which was a Division, or Project, of the Annenberg Foundation. Obama spent four plus years (1995-1999) as Chairman of the Board."
geekster

Postby jkisha » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:18 am

Here's another example of hoe the right wing media out-and-out lies when they report the "news". http://mediamatters.org/research/201101 ... um=twitter

Jk
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:20 pm

[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/us/politics/09bai.html]Within minutes of the first reports Saturday that Representative Gabrielle Giffords, an Arizona Democrat, and a score of people with her had been shot in Tucson, pages began disappearing from the Web.
[/url]

A Turning Point in the Discourse, but in Which Direction?
By MATT BAI

Published: January 8, 2011

WASHINGTON — Within minutes of the first reports Saturday that Representative Gabrielle Giffords, an Arizona Democrat, and a score of people with her had been shot in Tucson, pages began disappearing from the Web. One was Sarah Palin’s infamous “cross hairsâ€

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:23 pm

And when I said a little over a year ago the "TEA BAGGERS" Were gonna be a problem, the Little one said, Meh!

Yes it is in this thread!

not calling her a Moron but I am and have always been calling the Tea Baggers DANGEROUS MORONS FROM THE BEGINNING AS ALWAYS AND AS USUAL!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:06 pm

DVD Burner wrote:And when I said a little over a year ago the "TEA BAGGERS" Were gonna be a problem, the Little one said, Meh!

not calling her a Moron but I am and have always been calling the Tea Baggers DANGEROUS MORONS FROM THE BEGINNING AS ALWAYS AND AS USUAL!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzB8WBPMOPU[/youtube]
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:16 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGoZcPayJds[/youtube]

These guys are Morons too but at least they are intelligent Morons!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:22 pm

strike two.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:23 pm

ygmir wrote:
DVD Burner wrote:And when I said a little over a year ago the "TEA BAGGERS" Were gonna be a problem, the Little one said, Meh!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzB8WBPMOPU[/youtube]

Ok, I'm an airport. This just flew right over my head!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:26 pm

I am implying you missed, when you swung at LF regarding "teabaggers"......."they" are not who shot that gal.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Ygmir is right...

the people to blame are

ANYONE WHO READS THESE BOOKS!

Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

sorry, i couldn't resist.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby jkisha » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:31 pm

can't sit still wrote:There is some scuttlebutt about Hillary stepping down. Who the hell knows. After Rahm left, there aren't any sure bets.
http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/hillar ... of-state/#

Doubt there is any truth to this.

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:32 pm

ygmir wrote:I am implying you missed, when you swung at LF regarding "teabaggers"......."they" are not who shot that gal.

Huh?

:lol:

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Snowah Zark » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:33 pm

john, give it up, old man.
Mi casa y su casa.
Snowah Zark

Postby jkisha » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 pm

geekster wrote:First of all, I would not rely on Factcheck.org for anything, it is a politically biased site funded by George Soros (like Media Matters and others). It is an activist site masquerading as some sort of "truth" site.

But here is the reason for my posting. This came in the mail today:

Lawrence Livermore Laboratories has discovered the heaviest element yet known to science.

The new element, Governmentium (Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert; however, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2- 6 years. It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.

This characteristic of morons promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as critical morass.

When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium, an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.

Oh ya, here we go. Great tactic, discredit a reliable source. You sound like Fox news. That they have won several prestigious awards and recognition for their reporting I guess is all left wing bs too, Don't like the message, discredit the messenger. Thought you knew better.

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:47 pm

DVD Burner wrote:
ygmir wrote:I am implying you missed, when you swung at LF regarding "teabaggers"......."they" are not who shot that gal.

Huh?

the implication of your statement:
And when I said a little over a year ago the "TEA BAGGERS" Were gonna be a problem, the Little one said, Meh!

as it follows your previous post is that "the teabaggers" had something to do with it.
and, somehow, you were hacking LF in that she had dismissed your accusations (of some time ago).

I was saying, your accusations, and following implication, as well as attempted ridicule of LF as relates........

well, you missed. strike one

ergo my link, and said baseball analogy.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby LeChatNoir » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Perhaps it’s time that some in the public eye begin to think twice and examine the potential unintended consequences of their words on a malleable audience.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookou ... nt-threats

http://www.allyourtv.com/index.php?opti ... eringmedia
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:13 pm

ygmir wrote:
DVD Burner wrote:

Huh?

as it follows your previous post is that "the teabaggers" had something to do with it.
and, somehow, you were hacking LF in that she had dismissed your accusations (of some time ago).

I was saying, your accusations, and following implication, as well as attempted ridicule of LF as relates........

never ridiculed LF just posted the facts.

Post that I did not.

You would be wrong and I would be not............................ as usual!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:16 pm

well, then, I guess I read it wrong.
sorry for that.

"Post that, I did not"

I'm not sure what you mean there.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Prove it!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:18 pm

DVD Burner wrote:Prove it!

ha, I didn't say "I Love You"..
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:22 pm

ygmir wrote:
DVD Burner wrote:

Huh?

Read ALL OF THIS TREAD!

Trust me, it is ALL HERE!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby jkisha » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Funny how that US map that Sarah Palin had on her website has mysteriously disappeared. You remember the one...with the gun sites on various targets...like Gabriella Giffords.

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:24 pm

ygmir wrote:
DVD Burner wrote:

Huh?

Read ALL OF THIS TREAD!

Trust me, it is ALL HERE!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion