Eplaya errors!

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

Eplaya errors!

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:23 am

has anyone gotten this message today?

Code: Select all
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234

File : /usr/local/www/vhosts/eplaya.burningman.com/includes/emailer.php

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:33 am

I should have said or added:

or gotten similar messages?

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Tancorix » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:34 am

I just sent TP an PM about that. I was getting delays with the satellite connection about the same time. It's like everything went South.
Tancorix

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:57 am

Spanky Is Da Man!

Well........... de other man anyway.

Thanks for clearing up the mail Spanky!

Woo Hoo!Image

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby G.W.B. » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:03 am

Everyone should thank the admins more often.

They dont get thanked much on Eplaya.

Thank you Sir Spanky.
Grand Whopping Bastard.
G.W.B.

Don't delete my account!

Postby Panther » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:45 am

I want to apologize for causing these Eplaya errors. Technopatra had deleted my account after this incident. I hacked my way back into Eplaya to re-establish my account file- "Panther" and I accidently stepped on the the emailer.php file. Sorry!

Technopatra, please don't delete my account again! Next time, I'm going to delete you! Then, you will know how if feels like to have your account deleted. People want their first amendment right, FIRST! Not eighth, not fourth, not tenth, not twelth but first. If you deprive people of their freedom of speech, they'll mother-fucking kill you! This is why' it's the First Amendment. This is why the Second Amendment is about guns! Trust me! Don't fuck with my First Amendment!

Your deletion of Black Rock Ric's account was just insane! Yeah, I'm sure he annoyed the fuck out of everyone. But he had his opinion and these didn't violate the TOS. I am not such a coward that I need you to "protect" me from Black Rock Ric's opinion. If that guy had said anything I really didn't like, I already knew I could kick has ass: He lives in the lower Haight and he's like twenty-five years old and scrawny. All that stuff about him being a professor of anthropology was just to yank your chain! But now we'll never hear from him again- those ideas of his mind, thanks to you because you deleted his account! You're a coward! He didn't violate the TOS. You're just a coward to delete his account because you didn't like what he had to say, and you don't possess the writing skills to TOP him!

Here's the deal, before you do anything, you take this post to Malibu Stacy and ask her, MM, does he, Panther, and Panther's true author, have the capability of royally sneaking his boot up burning man's ass? She's going to tell you yes. This is all you need to know! The rest of it is none of your fucking business! Leave my account, the fuck, alone! It's only words. And hope that this thread gets pushed to the bottom soon where people no longer see it. It has a periodic type of title- It will likely die out unless you want to make an issue of it and resurrect the thread! Do not delete my account again!!!!

Panther :)
Panther

Postby Lydia Love » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:19 am

You have NO rights on a privately funded bbs, asshat. The bill for this site is paid by the org and like it or not they get to decide what the rules are and TP has the often unpleasant job of deciding how those rules should be interpreted. Thems that foot the bill get to decide what kind of content is acceptable.

Posting on this board is NOT a right. It is not protected by the constitution - no matter how monumental a pain in the ass you make yourself on the issue or how many words you throw at it.

asshat.
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby Lydia Love » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:33 am

and just on the off chance you don't get it yet...

13. Termination. You agree that Burning Man may without prior notice to you immediately terminate your account, any associated email address, and access to the Service. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to,

And there they are, the key words "but not be limited to". The ability to boot anyone at anytime, with no warning, for any reason whatsoever.

In my opinion only those asshats who have proven themselves completely incapable of learning to play nice, have absolutely no regard for the community and have shown no redeeming qualities whatsoever have so far been booted.
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby angrykittie25 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:42 am

Is this guy really serious about hacking the board to get his account activated again. I guess anything is possible. He really sounds a bit off his rocker though.
angrykittie25

W2

Postby Panther » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:55 am

If you can't show me a W2 from Black Rock City LLC, that document submitted to the Federal Government under penalty of perjury, of the paid work you did for Burning Man dot Com, I don't give a flying fuck about your opinion. You don't know what you are talking about!

Panther

Postby angrykittie25 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:13 am

It seems that you don't give a fuck about what anyone has to say. It doesn't matter anyway, if technopatra deleted your account once, I'm sure she'll do it again.
angrykittie25

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:30 am

Hmmmmm. :?

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Re: W2

Postby Tancorix » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:29 am

Panther wrote:If you can't show me a W2 from Black Rock City LLC, that document submitted to the Federal Government under penalty of perjury, of the paid work you did for Burning Man dot Com, I don't give a flying fuck about your opinion. You don't know what you are talking about!

How about consuming a big heaping helping of SHUT THE FUCK UP. We don't need some lame ass script kiddie sashaying their stupid ass in here saying I'm Barney Bad Ass and I can hack into anything. Kevin Mitnick you're not.

If I was TP I'd boot your ass again and I feel it's totally justified by what you said, even if you did it or not.

Lydia was right. You're a fucking asshat. A clueless fucking asshat.
Tancorix

Postby stuart » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:40 pm

hey fucktard

fuck off

you have the the social skills of a date rapist and should be shipped to the gulag of my choice.

let me ask you something fuckie, do I have the right to speak my mind on NBC? Despite the 1st amendment, you fucking 5th grade civics failing fuck, I do not.

Take your lame ass, pencil necked, logically challenged, poorly socialized, mouth breathing demeaner and jam it.
stuart

Postby technopatra » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:35 pm

Whoa, easy everyone -

Facts of the sitch:

-Panther did not hack the system. It was a little tech error that Spanky fixed right away.

-I never deleted or inactivated Panther's account. If I did, I'd've posted a case study about it as I've done with all other inactivations and he would not have been able to post again.

-I did delete some of his ranty off-topic posts in the case studies thread and gave him a warning that I would delete the account if he continued. I also gave his other avatar, Suzie Clipboard, a warning for impersonating an eplaya admin. Both actions are documented in the case studies thread (around page 16, I think).

While I appreciate folks rushing to my and the eplaya's defense, I encourage everyone to show a little more compassion and a lot more silence in response to Panther's posts.

It is impossible to get this from his posts here, but Panther is actually a sweet-hearted person in real-life. I've known him since I first started volunteering on the tech teams. He craves community and friendship desperately, but his emotional problems prevent him from being able to understand what community and friendship require to succeed.

He is no threat, just lonely and frustrated and given to intoxicated sessions at his computer.

Please do not respond, and let this thread die. He really can't help himself.
technopatra

Thoughtcrime

Postby Panther » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:00 am

Technopatra, I think you are incredibly stupid.

Panther

Postby technopatra » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:02 am

See what I mean? This same person spent hours with me on the phone asking me to help him deal with people better. And this is what I get now. I am truly saddened.

Panther, feel free to continue to violate the TOS by personally insulting others, and I will give you what you seem to be asking for - to have all 5 avatars deactivated.

Everyone else - please consider this a warning for you, too. Fighting flame with flame is not what the feedback threads are meant to be. Let it go, let me handle it.
technopatra

rape

Postby Panther » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:25 pm

technopatra wrote:Panther, feel free to continue to violate the TOS by personally insulting others, and I will give you what you seem to be asking for - to have all 5 avatars deactivated.

This is what it feels like to be raped.

Panther

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:37 am

Is anyone getting any errors on eplaya today?

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Return to Feature Requests