Anyone who has a DJ setup @ BRC, there is a known vandal. .

Postby Aiee! It burns! » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:36 am

is that why DJs have aliases ? So they can get away with shit ?
User avatar
Aiee! It burns!
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:27 am

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:31 am

NO, YOU NINNY!

IT"S BECAUSE THE CHICKS DIG IT.


DUH!
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13855
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby gyre » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Hero if they destroy the equipment before the set.

And coke is far worse than beer, if they're destroying...


What kind of art do they do at those other festivals?
User avatar
gyre
 
Posts: 15346
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ

Re: Anyone who has a DJ setup @ BRC, there is a known vandal

Postby dj_john69 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:51 pm

neon tetra wrote:. . and his name is "DJ Swamp".

A few weeks ago, he played at a party that my friends threw. After his set, he purposely poured an entire beer on the mixer & broke it. They had to scramble to find another one so that their main headliner (DJ Shortee) could play. This was probably the biggest douche move I can think of, so I figured he must have been out of his mind or something.
He refused to pay for the damaged equipment, but as it turns out.... this is something he does ALL THE TIME.
In fact, he even brags about it in an DJ Times Magazine interview: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 1362_n.jpg

This would still be kind of a douchey move if it was HIS equipment he was constantly breaking, but it isn't. And he doesn't pay for the stuff he breaks.

Sadly, it appears that he now attends Burning Man. I think it would be a shame of he ruined someones equipment there.

I wanted to do my part and alert the community about this man. Again, this isn't gossip or anything else; it's just what he does. I think perhaps he thinks it's a "rock star" move or something, but I think he's just a dick.

Anyway, if you see his name on a lineup somewhere, please alert the owner of the gear that this nonsense may happen.

Thanks.


Swamp is a class A piece of dog shit. I've dealt with him at a party before. I highly doubt ANY smart rave camp would book him considering he sucks as a dj. Hence, why he breaks equipment and sets shit on fire.
Fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you !!
dj_john69
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:18 pm
Location: Nevada
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Osiris & BRS

Postby fbcota » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:17 am

Thanks for the note.

Quick eplaya tip. Grow thick skin fast. Everyone is a troll.

By everyone, I mean really every single person on this forum ranks pretty high in troll power. You have to remember most of it is comedic troll power, so as long as you respond back with a nonsensical video about some mundane inside joke then your golden.

Pouring a beer on some equip should result in a quick "ball punch" without question.

Balls================Punch===============Cry face

Troll powers activate.
User avatar
fbcota
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Reno, and Tahoe, and Somewere else

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:41 am

fbcota wrote:Thanks for the note.

Quick eplaya tip. as long as you respond back with a nonsensical video about some mundane inside joke then your golden.




i am SO GOLDEN!

lets see, non-sensical, check, video, check, mundane inside joke, check check and check...


let er rip..




[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJjT4XcptM[/youtube]


was it good for you too?
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13855
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:17 am

Does the video count if we actually have to go to youtube to see it?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37413
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:23 am

i suppose that depends on the video.


i choose these with great care and with an interlocking sense of Zeitgeist you just cant get on facebook or Twitter.


i offer you premium product, whats a few clicks amongst friends.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13855
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Elorrum » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:40 am

Aiee! It burns! wrote:is that why DJs have aliases ? So they can get away with shit ?

yes. exactly.
User avatar
Elorrum
 
Posts: 4474
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:09 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:49 am

must be the same reason people dont use their real names on e-playa....Hmmm?



oh wait, I do....



guess i'm not afraid to put my Money where my posts are...so is it safe to assume your real name is elorrum? Or is that an Alias? And if so, why do you do it? To get Away with shit? Or to get the Really hot chicks?
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13855
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Elorrum » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:30 pm

My name is Nina. and yes to all of the above if it will help any of it happen.
I just thought I was following protocol.
User avatar
Elorrum
 
Posts: 4474
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:09 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:45 pm

hi nina, a pleasure to meet you...

i am sending hot chick energy your way.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13855
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:23 pm

My parents, then Professor and Mrs. Fishist named me theCrypto, although it was difficult for the hospital and county bureaucrats to understand the capital letter in the middle of my name.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37413
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby pinemom » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:39 am

Oh Boy~a

So THIS is where it all came from. Ya'll went and pissed NT off.
Because you didnt get all defensive with him about some DJTARD?

Really?


And Im sorry Neon Tetra, but if you really really think BM is just a giant rave, your definitely doing it wrong, Im sorry for you on that account.

My burn is only .05% rave music/camps. I swing by them in my art car to drop off our peeps who enjoy that part of it, then the rest of us go check out and play on fun things.

Then during the day...(oh thats right if your a raver,you never see daylight ...do you?)
Man, there is so many fascinating things going on, and of course I miss like 250+ a day, But I attempt at least another 300...ya some keep me there past the time to fit in 300, hahahaha....

Neon, You need to go to bed 2-3 nights so you can see what goes on during the day, might actually even bump up your burn a notch or two...and show you how very lil' comparison to a "RAVE" it is. More like Disney on acid! ( and No I dont do Acid!)
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
User avatar
pinemom
 
Posts: 8244
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:36 am
Location: Booby Bar 2007-2011

Postby ¡Niers! » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:yeah, thats her, already on it.

however i disagree wholeheartedly with your statement


"Second, Burning Man is a RAVE more than anything else these days. I wish it wasn't, and I know that it's considered high fashion to hate on electronic music, but it is what it is. If you really hate electronic music that much that you'd cheer-on the destruction of peoples rather expensive equipment... why the hell do you attend the world's biggest (and probably most expensive) rave?"

you are so fucking wrong, and this coming from a person who loves to shake his booty and is deeply involved with the scene.

Burning Man is NOT A RAVE....if you think it is, well, hate to say it, but

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG



if thats all you think it is, i pity you, you need to be gifted a clue.


Simon said it so perfectly.
If BM was just mostly a 7 day rave.....maybe 100 people would show. I know I wouldn't. I like electronic music....not all and not all the time though.
BM is CLEARLY a bacon festival! I've never been to a rave that has bacon....even if I did, I wouldn't pay $300 to get in.

I'm a steel fabricator and artist and tinkerer. For me, BM is tinker porn! So, I go for the porn......and bacon.
I've got plenty of music at home.
My own tinker toys don't get me off anymore, so I find more at BM.

I may not be using my "Real" name (Neil) on here. But I'm sure if I did....I could still get away with plenty of shit. And the bunny face? Yeah that's me.
Plus the BOYS dig it!
User avatar
¡Niers!
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Eugene, Oregon

Postby C.f.M. » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:20 pm

I use my real name. Just not all the way spelled out. I guess I could change it to DJ Cuntface Monkeyshine, to get the laydeez...or just follow Simon around for leftovers.
User avatar
C.f.M.
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:28 pm
Burning Since: 2009

Postby ¡Niers! » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:39 pm

C.f.M. wrote:I use my real name. Just not all the way spelled out. I guess I could change it to DJ Cuntface Monkeyshine, to get the laydeez...or just follow Simon around for leftovers.


I'm not too sure I'd want Simon's leftovers. *shivers*
User avatar
¡Niers!
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Eugene, Oregon

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:49 pm

tupperware my good man, keeps everything fresh.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13855
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby ¡Niers! » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:47 am

And a visit to Arctic Camp.
User avatar
¡Niers!
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Eugene, Oregon

Postby neon tetra » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:03 am

dj_john69 wrote:Swamp is a class A piece of dog shit. I've dealt with him at a party before. I highly doubt ANY smart rave camp would book him considering he sucks as a dj. Hence, why he breaks equipment and sets shit on fire.


I thought he was a shitty DJ before I heard about all this, but sadly he does seem to get bookings.




pinemom wrote:So THIS is where it all came from. Ya'll went and pissed NT off.
Because you didnt get all defensive with him about some DJTARD?

Really?


No, not really. The reason Simon & a few other clowns on here are trolling me is b/c I don't sugar coat the fact that our troops have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in Iraq & Afghanistan (and now Pakistan, to be fair).




pinemom wrote:And Im sorry Neon Tetra, but if you really really think BM is just a giant rave, your definitely doing it wrong, Im sorry for you on that account.


I don't think it's just a rave. But to say it isn't one at all is being dishonest.
Like I said..
neon tetra wrote:Yes, I know that it's also so much more...

But if someone really HATES "raves" that much, then perhaps Burning Man has evolved (devolved?) into something that they really should move on from.

I HATE Christmas music more than anything. And as much as I LOVE Burning Man... if every camp that plays electronic music now decided to only play Christmas music the entire week... I think I would no longer attend.
I don't see how these people that HATE electronic music - to the point of cheering on the destruction of peoples audio gear - can really tolerate Burning Man. You pretty much hear it almost everywhere you go.
I love it, and even I wish there was a bit less of it (though I do wish there was more downtempo, ambient, experimental, avant garde EDM, etc.)




pinemom wrote:Then during the day...(oh thats right if your a raver,you never see daylight ...do you?)


I do.




pinemom wrote:Neon, You need to go to bed 2-3 nights so you can see what goes on during the day


I do.




pinemom wrote:More like Disney on acid! ( and No I dont do Acid!)


I see it more as a psychedelic carnival on an alien planet.




¡Niers! wrote:If BM was just mostly a 7 day rave.....maybe 100 people would show.


I think you couldn't be more wrong.
Image
User avatar
neon tetra
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Postby C.f.M. » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:11 am

I don't see how these people that HATE electronic music - to the point of cheering on the destruction of peoples audio gear - can really tolerate Burning Man. You pretty much hear it almost everywhere you go.

They were there first?

You don't hear it at Playawaste Raiders! Nothing but Peter Murphy, Bing Crosby and a little Louie Armstrong...
User avatar
C.f.M.
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:28 pm
Burning Since: 2009

Postby Elorrum » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:37 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:tupperware my good man, keeps everything fresh.

fits in a tupperware, or a ziplock.
Image
User avatar
Elorrum
 
Posts: 4474
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:09 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Postby C.f.M. » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:55 am

Mine doesn't. :cry:

Image
User avatar
C.f.M.
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:28 pm
Burning Since: 2009

Postby ¡Niers! » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:01 am

neon tetra wrote:
pinemom wrote:So THIS is where it all came from. Ya'll went and pissed NT off.
Because you didnt get all defensive with him about some DJTARD?

Really?


No, not really. The reason Simon & a few other clowns on here are trolling me is b/c I don't sugar coat the fact that our troops have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in Iraq & Afghanistan (and now Pakistan, to be fair).


Where the hell did this come from? Oh shit....he went there!


neon tetra wrote:
¡Niers! wrote:If BM was just mostly a 7 day rave.....maybe 100 people would show.


I think you couldn't be more wrong.


Nah....because most people that go, aren't "ravers." Just cause there's electronic DJ's doesn't mean it's a rave. Plus....take out the art, flames, flamers, and pretty much everything the non-ravers bring.....you would end up with a boring party that most ravers wouldn't enjoy, and a desert with harsh conditions. At the end, the Playa would be full of trash because your ravers would be too strung out and tired to clean up after themselves.
User avatar
¡Niers!
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Eugene, Oregon

Postby C.f.M. » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:24 am

Hey, has anyone brought Hitler into this, yet?
User avatar
C.f.M.
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:28 pm
Burning Since: 2009

Postby ygmir » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:26 am

Godwins law.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25989
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Parasitoid » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:33 am

I am so thankful that Burning Man is nothing like eplaya.

Also it is a little dissapointing.
Parasitoid
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:40 pm

like a moth to the flame.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:27 am

C.f.M. wrote:Hey, has anyone brought Hitler into this, yet?




[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSqaBvaGHuQ[/youtube]
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13855
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby neon tetra » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:04 pm

Parasitoid wrote:I am so thankful that Burning Man is nothing like eplaya.


Couldn't agree more.
Image
User avatar
neon tetra
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Postby Snowah Zark » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:45 pm

i too agree.



on the actual playa there are far less stupid fucking hippies.

or at least i dont have to smell them or deal with their pretentious garbage on a daily basis.
Mi casa y su casa.
User avatar
Snowah Zark
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:47 pm
Location: the great white north

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 Art & Performance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest