2011 Ticket Info

2011 Ticket Info

Postby SnowBlind » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:20 am

Just found the 2011 ticket postcard in the mail. Looks like the website hasn't been updated yet, but here is the info from the post card.
Am I remembering wrong, or are those the same prices as last year? That would be the first year in a while that the price hasn't changed.

Tier 1: $210 - 9000 tickets (limit 2 per person, online only)
Tier 2: $240 - 9000 tickets (limit 2 per person)
Tier 3: $280 - 9000 tickets (or until 3/31)
Tier 4: $320 - while supplies last
SnowBlind

Postby lucky420 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:59 am

yep those are the same prices. I got tier 2 last year
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby SnowBlind » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:12 am

Full ticket info is now online: http://tickets.burningman.com/
SnowBlind

Postby Sham » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:54 am

Who will be the first person to post a picture of the 2011 ticket here? I'z guts ta see it!

In the spirit of the holidays, I will mail free of charge and postage paid one of my deluxe, super duper, laser cut necklaces to the first person to post a picture of the 2011 ticket.*

* If you work for BMorg and have the ticket in advance, then that's not fair!
Sham

Postby lucky420 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:55 am

you're on...lol ( no it probably won't be me. I would have to run home from work, scan it, load it, transfer it and I am kind of inept at that sort of thing) But I'm gonna try.

Will you accept a link from flickr/photobucket?
lucky420

Postby Sham » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:53 am

lucky420 wrote:you're on...lol ( no it probably won't be me. I would have to run home from work, scan it, load it, transfer it and I am kind of inept at that sort of thing) But I'm gonna try.

Will you accept a link from flickr/photobucket?

Keep the faith---you may be the only person reading my offer here!
To post a photo, just click the IMG button above, then past the image link and close the tags. It will look like this. I added a "." so it would post.
[img.]http://opinion-maker.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Ugly_face-of-diplomacy.jpg[/img]

Without my little dot, it would look like this:

Practice a few times and get that image up on here first. Good luck!
Sham

Postby lucky420 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:00 am

lol much thanks
lucky420

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:51 am

No luck with the picture yet? Super curious as to what they'll look like too.. other than coming pre-perforated in cute little 1/4" squares.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby tamarakay » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:01 am

we ordered ours first day they went on sale, but have not received. i'll be happy to scan/post as soon as i have it.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Sham » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:45 am

The presale tickets were to ship by December 19th, so they would be in hand for a Christmas gift. I think this is why there is a premium in the price.

Be the first to scan and post a picture of the ticket on this thread, and a stainless steel Burning Man necklace will be in your mailbox before you know it. As an added bonus, I will be sure that it had actually been to the playa and has a dusting of playa dust on it. What better way to start off the New Year!! :D
Sham

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:50 am

Shambala wrote:The presale tickets were to ship by December 19th, so they would be in hand for a Christmas gift. I think this is why there is a premium in the price.

Wow, that's cutting it a bit too close.. especially if they are charging a premium so that people could have them for Christmas presents. Look that poor Tamara paid extra and still doesn't have them on the 23rd. Not cool..
junglesmacks

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:06 am

Shambala wrote:The presale tickets were to ship by December 19th, so they would be in hand for a Christmas gift. I think this is why there is a premium in the price.

REally? I think it was so that they didn't get snatched up by people trying to jump the whole low price thing in January.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby tamarakay » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:07 am

Still no tickets. bm says shipped on the 20th. doesn't look good for under the tree. oh well, we just bought early so we wouldn't scare ourselves away from going. Don't really need them for the tree, but DARN IT, i want that necklace

tamarakay

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:21 am

theCryptofishist wrote:

REally? I think it was so that they didn't get snatched up by people trying to jump the whole low price thing in January.

Because there's a shortage of tickets and we're in danger of selling out by February?
junglesmacks

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:27 am

No. Because they want the tickets to be under the tree (or whatever, Kwanzaa, Secular Humanism, Hindu.) If they were first tier, they'd be in the pockets of those who take off the day in January so they can have a shot at the lower price tickets, not "gifted" for the season.

Do you suppose there's now some sort of "Gifted of the Magi" variant for this subj-culture?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Kimo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:25 pm

Ordered ours on 11/20 and still haven't received them! XMAS has come and gone. Spoke to a "Marylin" in ticket sales and she basically said "tough luck" and hung up on me. I paid a premium for this?
Kimo

Postby tamarakay » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:02 pm

This is all my tracking number got me:

Label/Receipt Number: **********
Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Signature Confirmationâ„¢

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 18, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

so it never did say it was actually mailed, just they were notified of the intent to mail LOL. Wish i could do that. Hey boss, i intend to work sometime this month. hmmm, don't think it will fly

tamarakay

Postby JStep » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Kimo wrote:Ordered ours on 11/20 and still haven't received them! XMAS has come and gone. Spoke to a "Marylin" in ticket sales and she basically said "tough luck" and hung up on me. I paid a premium for this?

OUCH!!
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
JStep

Postby Sham » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm

I think next year, a full color printed IOU given as a Christmas gift would be in order. As a fun bonus, you will be saving $70 per ticket that you can use for yourself, instead of giving it to these numb nuts at InTicket!
Sham

Postby Kimo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:35 pm

True Shambala... But no quite like having the actual official ticket in you hand. Kinda loses the WOW factor. But, yes, instead I get the OUCH factor. It sucks.
Kimo

Postby motskyroonmatick » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:36 pm

I saw a picture of the ticket on FB. It has rainbow gold foil lettering and what looks like a dust storm scene in the middle.

Looks like the tickets are starting to arrive. This was for a person in CA so YRMV.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Sham » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:58 pm

I have seen the most spectacular rainbows while on the playa. That is a cool image to have on the ticket this year.
[img][img]http://www.loupiote.com/burningman/photos_m/1359769998-double-rainbow-over-bike-arch-burning-man.jpg[/img][/img]
Sham

Postby tamarakay » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:05 pm

spectacular shambala

tamarakay

Postby tamarakay » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:09 pm

i keep picturing them in the back of some staffer's honda, one of these days he will open the truck and say say Oh Crap.

tamarakay

Postby Sham » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:31 am

No, they mailed them. I'm just sad to hear that once InTicket has your money, the important part of actually mailing the ticket to you on time, is not followed through. Also, there is a $12 "secure mailing fee" which in the past was called insured shipping. BULLSHIT! It's mailed as "First Class" with signiture confirmation and NO postal insurance. A fireball candy is added to the package, not as a treat, but to keep the cost of shipping DOWN. A weird clitch in postal rates make it MUCH cheaper to send an envelope 1/2 inch thick, than a flat envelope when adding the signiture option.
Further, a lost envelope with $500 worth of tickets is not the same as a $500 gold and diamond necklace lost in mailing. It's only a few pieces of paper with under $2.00 in postage to send them. That's why there is no postal insurance on the envelope. They still charge $12 for shipping charges, but no longer call it insured, and will bust your balls if it gets lost in mailing, despite collecting the $12 fee from thousands upon thousands of participants.
There is also a $4.75 FEE per ticket and a $1.00 FEE per order in addition to the inflated shipping charges.
I guess InTicket was Burning Man's choice, but it's stinky having to deal with them.
Sham

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:29 am

As I recall, when the llc was doing its own tickets, things were a right royal mess.
And they didn't want to go with Bass or Ticketron or whatever the big company(ies) is. Does seem that in this case, they didn't perform too well.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:33 am

What? A bunch of stoned hippie volunteers who can't get a decent job may have done poorly at this? I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED I tell you!
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Tiahaar » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Be the first to scan and post a picture of the ticket on this thread, and a stainless steel Burning Man necklace will be in your mailbox before you know it. As an added bonus, I will be sure that it had actually been to the playa and has a dusting of playa dust on it. What better way to start off the New Year!! :D

here's mine!
Burning Man 2003-13; Desert Carillon, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage Tech
RING THE COCK Caravansy Peenerweight Boutique
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby Sham » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:13 pm

Tiahaar wrote:

here's mine!

DING DING DING---we have a winner!!!
Send me off your name and address and I will send off a brand new, and playa dusted Burning Man necklace.

Send me a PM with your info please.
Sham

Next

Return to 2011 Tickets