Art Installations & Decor "Parts": Just Tossin

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Art Installations & Decor "Parts": Just Tossin

Postby Catwoman69y2k » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Dear ePlaya,

After some extensive cleaning of our jackal lab, we are finding lots of stuff that are not needed in our home. If I was a welder, some of this stuff would be perfect for visions I have of my own regarding camp decor or even art installations. Im very much about recycling material for "found art" style installations or additions to one's theme camp decorations.

Some such items:

*Car Struts
* Head Gasket Assembly (Engine)
* Various other engine parts (these were left after my engine got alot of parts replaced back in 2009)
* Stainless Steel Knockouts (Great for dragon scales and such)

I know that while one must be choosy about what installations are built with, but I figured it was worth a try if things like car parts can be useful (and MOOP free -- I can do a full cleaning on it to 86 oil, grease and other auto fluids). My base of operations is SoCal so of course keep that in mind for anyone who might live farther away than that.

I realize this may *also* come off as "I have junk and I cant seem to get rid of it so I want others to take it off my hand so it is no longer my problem", but I do think that recycling things when possible is not a bad thing. If on the odd chance these *were* useful, let me know via PM. If not, they become part of the local dump run that I will be making in a few months.

Thank you,

Kat the Leopardess/"Sunshine"
Catwoman69y2k

Postby Catwoman69y2k » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:52 am

Gonna bump this thread. Looks like the moderators moved this into another section which is good. If anyone has an idea, let me know.

So far, it looks like if no one needs it for an art installation or as parts to a a theme camp structure, I could probably contact my local Community College and see if the mechanic/auto class departments need em for learning resources.
Catwoman69y2k

Postby AntiM » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:53 am

As the year ramps up, there will be more interest. Keep on bumpin'.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Catwoman69y2k » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:00 am

AntiM wrote:As the year ramps up, there will be more interest. Keep on bumpin'.

I suppose there is some sort of limit on bumping a thread, as far as netiquette and eplaya etiquette goes. So yeah, not trying to annoy people. I know that auto parts seem like quite a random component of an art piece. I just keep looking at the parts I have and remembering the big rig jig.
Catwoman69y2k

Return to 2011 Share Resources