Birth

Does this sound like a good idea to anyone else?

yes
86%
no
14%

Total votes : 7

Birth

Postby midnitefirelite » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Preface: I am not an artist. I am a dentist. I am contributing an idea.

My idea I would like to see come to the Playa for Rites of Passage is a giant pair of legs laying down and spread. Like a women in stirrups position. The Vagina area could be a mirror (or mylar curtain) that you can walk through into a tent or dome of some kind. Inside the dome could be anything but I was thinking it could be very whimsical like the last Heath Ledger movie. Dr. Parnasus Imaginarium(can stream on Netflix).

Alternatively I think it would be awesome if you could climb up the calf part of the leg. And at the knee there could be a viewing area of the playa. After the knee joint you would enter a tube slide (think playground slide). This slide could also transport you into the womb (tent/dome) area.

I live in Florida so transporting from here would be difficult. But not impossible. Does this sound like a good idea to anyone else?
midnitefirelite

Postby brushfire on the playa » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:49 pm

If executed well, this project could turn out very well. It seems complicated but if you have the funds and find the means to make it happen that would be awesome. I would be especially stoked about the slide part (the big slide out on the deep playa at bman '09 was sweet and seemed to be a huge success). And it's always nice to have several viewing points on the playa - I love having a good place to gaze out onto our beautiful city (especially at night!)

What kinds of ideas did you have for the inside/tent? Would it just be a hangout place with couches or something? Would it have a bar or anything like that? I'll try and think of some themed-related things that could go inside, but interaction is always the best part about cool playa installments like this!

Best of luck to you with this project. I hope the idea can reach fruition! :D
i'm on the playa, bitch!

bigger and better next year, every year...
brushfire on the playa

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Miso Horny

Postby Sham » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:51 pm

I think it's a great idea. I can hardly wait to go inside!
An interesting thought might be to leave a few cans of tuna around heating up in the sun!
Sham

Postby jkisha » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Shambala wrote:I think it's a great idea. I can hardly wait to go inside!
An interesting thought might be to leave a few cans of tuna around heating up in the sun!

Now that would be taking a potentially good idea one step too far!

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby ibdave » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:13 pm

1999 or 2000, some camp had a 8ft tall Vagina that was made with cloth and stuff, which made if very soft. A ladder in back allowed you to slide out the pussy. Was a great place to watch the fun.... 8) :shock: 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby JStep » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:50 pm

The rebirth scene from th4 Malcolm in the Middle episode comes to mind...
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
JStep

Burning Since: 2011

Postby fbcota » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:43 am

I think its a cool idea. But there is nothing new about it. There have been a couple of posts already about birth, rebirth experience devices and I know of 2 projects last year that were rebirthing tubes.

Your take on it is more original and a bit more developed but I have a feeling that this will be a concept that is represented a number of times in a number of ways this year. I think its one of those converging ideas with a theme like "Rites of Passage". Its the most universal right of passage with a very literal connection to the theme.
fbcota

Postby AntiM » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:34 am

I have a laminated rebirth certificate from passing through a soft vagina in 2002. You had to spin the wheel and confess a weakness, then repent, then be reborn.

But everyone likes pussy...
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Sasquatch » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:49 pm

I have an idea. you could line a big pipe with memory foam and velvet/silk, then you have people crawl through that pipe or side down a slide that is covered in it. or for the entrance you hang big velvet/silk curtains.
Were all here cuz were not all there.

BM 2010 Metropolis
BM 2011 Rites Of Passage
Sasquatch

Return to 2011 Art & Performance