Tickets and Tiers

Postby Mojojita » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:18 pm

junglesmacks wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:
Mosin wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:How about: "...are your friends"?

Welllll, if "google" is a verb, then JS was only lacking a period, and a capital A.

"When in doubt, google. And the burningman.com website is your friend."

That is assuming lenience re. "website" vs. Web site, of course.

And I always thought the DPPW (Department of Pronunciation and Punctuation Wankers) was a myth! :P

*crawls into hole and wimpers*

This however, is one thing that bugs the everliving poo out of me: Using "and" to start a sentence. I was always taught that it was incorrect under any circumstance when I was just a wee lad, and so to this day it never looks acceptable to me. Just sayin'..

You are correct. The word "and" is a conjunction and should never be used to begin a sentence.
Mojojita

Postby weirdscience » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:32 pm

AntiM wrote:Credit cards work quote well.

sweeet cus paypal sucks balls and also im guessing there will be a separate link for cc purchases
Who's awesome? You're awesome! :) .
weirdscience

Postby winterdream28 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:33 pm

I saw that pre-sale tickets go on sale tomorrow at tier level 3.

Does Scholarship/ low income count as one of the tiers below 3 or is it its own thing?

Is Tier 3 one the lowest or a mid? I tried to track down last years ticketing to get a better understand but they took 2010 down now.

"Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves" - Henry David Thoreau
winterdream28

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:41 pm

The lowest priced tickets go on sale in jan.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Sham » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:26 pm

It's twoo, it's twoo!
THE BURNING MAN 2011 TICKET PRE-SALE IS ON!

By popular demand, we are pleased -- once again -- to announce the resurrec
tion of the Burning Man Ticket Pre-sale ho-down, in advance of the holidays
, for Burning Man 2011!

For years we've heard feedback from enthusiastic early-planner types who'd
like to be able to gift Burning Man tickets to friends and loved ones at th
e holidays instead of waiting until January. As always, this year's ticket
will illustrate our art theme – Rites of Passage – and we deem it parti
cularly beautiful; a perfect gift. Other participants aren't so concerned a
bout holding out for the lower-priced tickets available on launch day, and
would rather get a ticket now, and avoid the rush.

In answer, we give you the Holiday Ticket Pre-sale. Here's how it will work
: we'll offer 1,000 tickets at $280 each (this will be the third tier ticke
t price for 2011; more details on the full ticket launch will be posted on
our web site on December 12). These tickets will be a special allotment and
the quantity will NOT come out of any of the pricing tiers for our regular
ticket launch on January 19. (And no, it won't affect your chances to try
for any of the first or second tier tickets when they're available.)

This pre-sale will run from Wednesday, November 17 at 10am (PST) through De
cember 30 at 11:59pm (PST) or when the allotment of 1,000 tickets is gone,
whichever comes first.

For all the nitty gritty details, please visit http://tickets.burningman.com
Sham

Postby maryanimal » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 pm

When can you apply for a low income ticket? I have to admit I'll have to do this or I won't be able to go to my first burn. I was thinking about standing by the freeway exit and hold a sign that says "will work for Burning Man ticket"; LOL
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby winterdream28 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:13 pm

maryanimal wrote:When can you apply for a low income ticket? I have to admit I'll have to do this or I won't be able to go to my first burn. I was thinking about standing by the freeway exit and hold a sign that says "will work for Burning Man ticket"; LOL

I thought the same. I spent most of the evening trying to think of things I can sell :lol:

I don't understand how scholarship low income works... Does anyone have previous year information on this?

I could afford the pre-sale tickets that come out tomorrow if it wasn't good ole' bill time again.
"Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves" - Henry David Thoreau
winterdream28

Postby Sham » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:19 pm

THIS IS THE INFORMATION FROM 2008. IT SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE FOR THE PROCEEDURES. THERE IS NO INFORMATION YET FOR 2011 AND I CAN'T BRING UP OTHER YEARS. (I'm not a magician you know!)
LOW INCOME AND SCHOLARSHIP TICKETS

There are 2500 tickets available for $145. These tickets are reserved for our lower income participants. Please apply for this lower priced ticket only if you truly need one.

These tickets are available from 1/25/08 through 5/31/08 or while supplies last.
Applications sent before or after those dates will NOT be accepted. PLEASE DO NOT FEDEX OR OVERNIGHT YOUR APPLICATION! If you can afford to overnight your application you should purchase your ticket at a higher price level.
Please read ALL information about Low Income Tickets BEFORE applying. You MUST follow all directions in order to be considered for the $145 ticket.

Requirements for Low Income Ticket application:
Tickets are available through mail order only
Applications must be postmarked NO EARLIER than January 25, 2008 and NO LATER than May 31, 2008.
Limit one (1) $145 ticket per person and per application
Include an additional $12 for Secure Delivery (First Class Signature Confirmation).
Participants MUST fill out an application and mail it to the address below. You are welcome to get creative with your application, but all of your answers must also appear clearly on the version you print out
Print and fill out the Low Income Ticket Application.
Payment in the form of a Money Order or Cashier's Check, made out to Burning Man, MUST accompany your application. We will not hold applications for payment. Applications received without payment will be returned.
To qualify for the Low Income Ticket you cannot have already purchased tickets at any other level, even if they are to be used by someone else.
We cannot guarantee that you will receive a ticket at this level, and if you are not awarded a ticket your application and payment will be returned to you.
If you do not have access to the internet, please contact us through regular mail at the PO Box listed below, or call 1-415-TO-FLAME and we will be happy to mail you an application.
Be sure to save your Money Order receipt! We will return your payment to you if you do not qualify for a ticket.
PLEASE DO NOT mail your application before January 25th or it will be returned to you.

Send requests for applications and completed applications with payment to:

Burning Man
Attn: Low Income Tickets
PO Box 884688
San Francisco, CA 94188-4688
Sham

Postby gyre » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Scholarship are one time only will call tickets.
gyre

Postby moonrise » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:03 pm

FIGJAM wrote:I know that my spelling and grammer are terrible from not using those skills for most of my life.

So I can focus on what Im trying to express or on spelling and grammer then lose my train of thought.

So I hope you will forgive me.

Or dont! :lol:

Thanks FIGJAM! If the grammar police existed I'd be given a life sentence in the slammer....hahaha

We less fortunates do appreciate the lessons found on this board...the there, their, there're thread I already knew...but I'm missin' big chunks, the possesive 's's are a bitch for me!...musta been those early years of my childhood spent a as flower child (with machine guns pointed at our heads on the White House lawn while we danced, fun!) and learning to run from truant officers and hopping trains...then wham back into prep schools, then back into hippiedom...fuck it...read between the lines please!
I am Alumni of Aldus Huxley...you do NOT want to know the truth about that school and a whole host of other bizarre "schools" I promise you! Ever take classes with a REAL monkey? Go to one of the Aldus Huxley creations...you'll find out....hahaha (grades? wtf are those?)

Thank you for explaining the holiday ticket thing, I was concerned and thought whoa...wtf? How much will the tiers be? worry, worry....glad to hear it's just a promo for the upper class.

I'm gonna need a first tier ticket...true that! I am not dead broke but man...things add up quickly in the good old USA

Looking forward to 2011... 8) (I hope I don't sound grouchy, it's been a weird day)
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby gaminwench » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:06 pm

I teach at an 'Aldous Huxley' school... we give grades...
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby moonrise » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:49 am

gaminwench wrote:I teach at an 'Aldous Huxley' school... we give grades...

I wrote a long post and deleted it...(here's the future of man; two giant eyeballs and a big thumb...an easy modern day Aldous Huxley riddle)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and my sibs burned through so many schools and then I found a bad ass school....mountaineering & survival...no one allowed in and no one allowed out, went for many years...grew our own food, blasted our own wells, built domes from saplings and on and on...they actually just contacted me concerned and asking where I've been!!?? I told them BM 2010..long story short, they burn too, Schweeeet!
Mostly the younger ones these days, apparently they were there 2010, I don't know that generation..."maybe they'll do a reunion at a burn" the founders said...we shall see....fucking hilarious...radical inclusion...they "get it" BM is another world...at that M & S school, we did have bad ass 4x4 vans and such, we did have to go out for some supplies...We were taught to be artistic and to be "rocks" and "tough"...may not look it but see ya when I need to scoot...and it isn't that mean, punishing "outward bound" school for screw ups either, these people are good, warm hearted, not punisher types :) It's all good ~)'(~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby delle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:15 pm

I hope I didn't just do something incredibly stupid.

Clicking on the above links, both brought me to a page saying that advance tickets could be bought as of today for those wishing to gift for Christmas, etc.

Given that there's no way I could have any chance of taking part in the January 19th sale without taking the day off work (which is unlikely), and that about that date I'll have to be paying large amounts for our plane tickets, I took the chance.... paid my money.... and got my confirmation.

Only problems are:

a) they referred in the legalese to "2010" rather than "2011"; and
b) no-one has mentionned anything at all in anything I've read here so far about advance tickets; and
c) they stated that only 1000 tickets were available, starting at 10:00am this morning. The fact that it's now dark out has me in crazy disbelief that any would still be available.

Soooo, my joy is offset by a really horrible niggling fear that I've just been burned in the worst possible way.

Anyone out there able to allay my fears? Because I really want to be doing a happy dance right about now.

Come what may we'll all be eating Ramen for the next two weeks,,,, whether it settles on a happy belly or falls into a pit of unhappy hinges on what you all may tell me next.

edit: finger-slip typos. Advance apologies for those I didn't catch
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby moonrise » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:31 pm

delle wrote:Given that there's no way I could have any chance of taking part in the January 19th sale without taking the day off work (which is unlikely), and that about that date I'll have to be paying large amounts for our plane tickets, I took the chance.... paid my money.... and got my confirmation

I think this could have been done on a lunch break delle

I would like to buy mine on the first tier offer...I don't know how it exactly works...the first 9000 online orders? Like a land rush? I'd sure like to know (without starting a thread just to ask)

As far as being burned by BORG I doubt it, it's probably just an oversight that they had 2010 listed.
moonrise

Postby Bounce530 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:50 pm

It's only about 3pm here in California, so tix have only been on sale for a few hours, plus you got your conf. # so I'd bet you can do your happy dance. I don't think there's a mad rush for these tix as there is with the first tier sale.

On Jan 19th at 10am pacific time, there's a huge rush to get in on the first tier tickets, at 10am you click the buy now button, and get in line, on line. It show's you how many people are in front of you buying tickets, and gives you the wait time. The numbers refresh every 5 or 10 seconds. You could spend a couple hours inline. I have, but I've also jumped right in and had them bought within an hour.
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby delle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:51 pm

moonrise wrote:I think this could have been done on a lunch break delle

Ummmmm.. Lunch break? What's that???

I work front lines in a rocking hotel (front desk and concierge). My idea of lunch is if I get more than 2 bites at any given time from behind a slatted curtain.... Having been a Maitre d', I know you know what I mean!

moonrise wrote:As far as being burned by BORG I doubt it, it's probably just an oversight that they had 2010 listed.

I would forgive the BORG anything at this point in my eagerness to finally get there! My fears were based more in that it was a non-BORG hack that left a little clue that it was just that.
delle

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Yes, they do sell some early as Christmas tickets.
However, what you bought were third tier tickets. So, if you were buying third teir anyway, you could have just waited until the day after the mass ticket clusterfrak and bought third tier then.

And boy that sounds snarky. And the thing I was going to say to soften it sounds snarky. Let's just say that I believe in buying third tier because I don't want to pay by the whole mass on-line thing instead of cash.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby delle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Now that's pretty funny.

I never intended on buying the MOST expensive tickets.... but definitely didn't feel within the LEAST expensive range either (given the amount of time I have to get this together for all those other expenses). So I guess this worked out just about right.

Strangely enough, I had presumed until now that 1st tier were the most expensive.... and that I'd totally dived on my responsibility-factor.

Instead I just ended up paying about what I'd expected to at a much more convenient time (since by winter we're pretty much down to one paycheck). So I'm hoping this is not a shameful deal.
delle

Postby delle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:04 pm

delle wrote: So I'm hoping this is not a shameful deal.

Although I do already have thoughts of a "Shamefilled" hat.....

....just in case....
delle

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:37 pm

delle wrote:So I'm hoping this is not a shameful deal.

It's not shameful- you have your ticket months before us. You get to put it on your refrigerator and look at it every day and dream.....

Nope. Not shameful at all...
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby moonrise » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:59 pm

I bought third tier last year, missed the earlier tiers due to some strange circumstances~

Let's not forget, BM has the gate price, man burn night some gals showed up in an RV with a hired driver and paid $360 each (driver also!) and stayed for the fireworks and man burn and left in the morning...they have a name for this "situation" but I won't say it here...it's something that occurs and the borg can use the doughsky I guess...and now I'll drop it. (I did get a great shower though! ha!, they didn't give a hoot what we did, they encouraged mischief..hahaha)
~~~~*~~~~
Yep, with the dough I save on first tier, I'm going to use that money to buy more edible gourmet firedust ingredients and make more explosive candy coated fire cocktails...delicious...
For 2011 BM, I'll know more of what to expect....winds & breeze and how to master that issue :P
It takes me a long time to make the firedust and BM is the perfect place to share ~Volcanos~ yum, yum~They're a big hit at BRC and I go far beyond the norm for burningman~

@Fishy or Eric or anyone else...is there a chance first tier sell out?
Does one need to sit and wait and press "buy now" as soon as the clock hits 12:01 or chance losing out? Yikes~ No first tier cash options in my area that I know off~ I think it's online or nothin' in my world as far as I know, Reno @ the Melting Pot is the only cash outlet and I don't think they get first tier~
moonrise

Postby gaminwench » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:26 pm

First tier sells out within a couple of hours, you should plan to log on at 10AM and wait in an online queue;
second tier will sell quickly also, last year I think they were all gone by 4:00(?);

it is recommended that if one can afford it, one should buy higher tier tickets; leaving the lower priced for those with tighter budget constraints...
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby skibear » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:54 am

moonrise wrote:@Fishy or Eric or anyone else...is there a chance first tier sell out?
Does one need to sit and wait and press "buy now" as soon as the clock hits 12:01 or chance losing out? Yikes~ No first tier cash options in my area that I know off~

Yes, try to log on by 12:01 if you want first tier. Last year you had to log
on by about 12:06 for this tier. The way it works is they stack you up in a queue (kind of like 'take a number at the store') and your number may have
an hour or more wait time for a purchase.

A few hours later the queue goes away but both tier I and tier II are likely gone.

prob with attached quote- sorry
crash & burn ski lessons given
skibear

Postby ygmir » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:02 am

skibear wrote:@Fishy or Eric or anyone else...is there a chance first tier sell out?
Does one need to sit and wait and press "buy now" as soon as the clock hits 12:01 or chance losing out? Yikes~ No first tier cash options in my area that I know off~

Yes, try to log on by 12:01 if you want first tier. Last year you had to log
on by about 12:06 for this tier. The way it works is they stack you up in a queue (kind of like 'take a number at the store') and your number may have
an hour or more wait time for a purchase.

A few hours later the queue goes away but both tier I and tier II are likely gone.

that time may not be accurate in your time zone.
Check the site for exact time, and, IIRC, it's Pacific time.
I've had luck, logging in using a running clock on the internet, and, starting the "buy ticket" button pushing at 10:00:01.
In literally seconds, you'll be hundreds, if not thousands down the queue.
But, it usually moves fairly fast, always for me, less than an hour, and, IIRC, less than 30 mins.
It also seems to depend on where you are. For some reason, I've heard complaints from folks in different areas of the country.

There are a couple of threads that happen, on that day, that might give you insight, here's one:
http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?t=32834&highlight=
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Cheyenne » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:56 pm

So, the tickets go on sale 10am Pacific time, or Central Pacific time?

I'll set my clock for that :)

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne

Postby ygmir » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Cheyenne wrote:So, the tickets go on sale 10am Pacific time, or Central Pacific time?

I'll set my clock for that :)

you may need an engineers watch for that.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Sham » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Burning Man 2011 Tickets

Our full regular ticket launch will be Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 10:00a.m. PST.
Sham

Postby Cheyenne » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:37 pm

thats a whole 8 hours behind us, should be done with a days work by then...

sorted!

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne

Postby Sham » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:08 pm

Cheyenne wrote:thats a whole 8 hours behind us, should be done with a days work by then...

If I send you a check, can you order my tickets a day before they go on sale?
Sham

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Shambala wrote:
Cheyenne wrote:thats a whole 8 hours behind us, should be done with a days work by then...

If I send you a check, can you order my tickets a day before they go on sale?

Sure, you say that now, but when it comes to paying an infinite amount of money for your time travel?...Let's just say that no one has ever come through.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 Tickets