OMG shoes!

What to wear? What not to wear? Where to find and how to make anything from goggles to fantastic pieces of playawear.

OMG shoes!

Postby sweetorangeblossom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:46 pm

I was hoping someone could give me some examples of comfortable and Playa ready-to-wear fashionable shoes...Me, I plan on bedazzling my reeboks and wearing the occasional sandal depending on the costume, but, just out of curiosity, what do YOU wear?
Just Lovely!
sweetorangeblossom

Postby sweetorangeblossom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:48 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA[/youtube]
Just Lovely!
sweetorangeblossom

Postby Artemis » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:51 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Artemis

Postby sweetorangeblossom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 pm

i tried to post it twice! it jsut won't work. what am i doing wrong?
Just Lovely!
sweetorangeblossom

Postby Artemis » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:54 pm

SoB - If you make sure all the boxes below the one you're typing in are NOT checked, your quotes, smiles, images and embedded videos will show up. You can also make these changes by editing in your profile.

To embed a Youtube video, instead of using the embed code offered on YouTube, just copy the address from your browser and place the Youtube code on either side of it like you had done.

If you click on "quote" to quote my previous post, you can see what I typed looked like. Also, try using the "preview" button before hitting "submit" and you can see if coding is working.
Artemis

Postby sputnik » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Mostly I wear my boots, but sometimes I wear sandals, and sometimes nothing at all. I have yet to have any trouble with playa foot, but I don't walk around with my feet exposed much and when I do, I clean them before putting on socks and my boots.
It's going to be alright.
sputnik

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Postby lucky420 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 pm

i wore uggs or converse at nite because it gets cold. During the day around camp i usually was barefoot or wore some old birkenstocks. Never had a problem with playa foot, but then again I've got some pretty tough ass feet. I also live in N. Nevada so am used to the dry climate and go barefoot a lot at home.
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:23 pm

Another footware thread...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby baconqurlyq » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Picked up a fab pair of fake Uggs for $12 at Wal-Mart just before hitting the Playa. Wore those most of the time. If I was just hanging around camp, I'd wear a pair of socks with my Crocs normal-looking sandals. No Playa foot here.

Keep your feet clean and moisturized and you shouldn't have any problems.
Popped the playa cherry!
baconqurlyq

Postby Thecatman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:05 pm

I have an old pair of New Balance that are reserved for the playa, regardless of what I may or not be wearing. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement. I know I'll fail.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:25 pm

Moon boots.. what else? I mean, since we're going to this straaaange place in the middle of nowhere with foreign soil and blinky lights and lions and tigers and bears and hippies oh my!

It's not rocket science, it's not the moon, it's not that hard. It's a party in the middle of no where with a bunch of people. Wear whatever you would normally, just know that they might get a little dusty dirty.

Me, I wear Rainbow flip flops 24/7 in the real world. Guess what I wore out there? Yup.

Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Elorrum » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:37 am

These are shoes made by Carolina. not a steel toe. model ACA423. I work on concrete all day, and these are the most comfortable shoes I've had. Dorky, whatever. Too heavy perhaps to be a hiking shoe, but sturdy and comfortable for lots of strolling around. Sierra trading post has women's sizes on sale. at about 30 bucks less than shoeline has 'em for. you usually can get a 20% off coupon code online from a coupon site.
I've got an old old pair I bring to the playa, ready to ruin. I wash them off, put some polish on them, and keep wearing them. I think it is a discontinued shoe, so I got a new pair to keep in the closet for future use.
Elorrum

Return to Clothing & Playawear