Art Car Disco Duck

Art Car Disco Duck

Postby Osen » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:28 am

Does anybody know if the Disco Duck Art Car will be back on the playa in 2011? I`ve heard rumours about it....

thx and greets from germany

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3039/282 ... 230c0f.jpg
Osen

Postby Snow » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:49 am

no idea but I'd love to see it back again!
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam
Snow

Postby Mosin » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:54 am

Unless someone has ~$250K to recreate it IMO it's not gonna happen. I can't find the link right now unfortunately, but there is a rather depressing photo of the duck head sitting out in a field somewhere returning to the earth, and I don't believe the vehicle (some type of amphibious landing craft?) was kept long after the event. Seems the Disco Duck was on a one-time migration... may it RIP!
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Osen » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:04 am

@Mosin: thx for the info. hope dies last ;)
Osen

Postby TomServo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:08 am

Mosin wrote:Unless someone has ~$250K to recreate it IMO it's not gonna happen. I can't find the link right now unfortunately, but there is a rather depressing photo of the duck head sitting out in a field somewhere returning to the earth, and I don't believe the vehicle (some type of amphibious landing craft?) was kept long after the event. Seems the Disco Duck was on a one-time migration... may it RIP!

I know nothing about the Disco Duck, but that field you made mention of, could be the ranch....where, perhaps its being stored. I could be wrong! But a lot of cool projects are stored there. And some, reduced to lawn art. Who knows?!
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Mosin » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:17 pm

TomServo wrote:
I know nothing about the Disco Duck, but that field you made mention of, could be the ranch....where, perhaps its being stored. I could be wrong! But a lot of cool projects are stored there. And some, reduced to lawn art. Who knows?!

Now that you mention it, the photo I saw did say it was the ranch. I can't believe I can't find it now. I am pretty sure it was a link off Tribe, which I was surfing whilst eplaya was down last month. Anyway, if they are planning on resurrecting the duck the head will have to be redone as per the photo, and the caption which mentioned that pieces of mirror were scattered around..one of which was admittedly pocketed by photo taker as a momento. If anybody knows the post/photo I'm talkin bout, please post here! I have tried every conceivable search term combo to find it again and I got nuttin.
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Burning Since: 2007

Re: Art Car Disco Duck

Postby Comanda » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:21 am

If anyone knows of the whereabouts of the car, the disco head or any of the people involved please have them contact me. We would like to resurrect the duck for our camp tower or camps art car.

Danke

Comanda
Duck Pond 2006-2012
Comanda

Return to 2011 Art & Performance