Georgie Boy: Fallen Queen of Broadway by Mister Jellyfish

Postby K-mom » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:51 pm

I like the Joe Pesci voice idea. It immediately struck me that Pesci starred with Daniel Stern as the two bumbling criminals in the Home Alone movies, and Daniel Stern was also the psychological voice of the adult version of the kid in the old tv series The Wonder Years, so how about adding a sober, introspective, philosophical voice to the broadcast? I don't know, pretty random:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qiTYM7UO4c[/youtube]
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.
K-mom

Postby Snow » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:21 pm

Don't forget the Tab cola on the vending machine!
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam
Snow

Postby oneeyeddick » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:22 am

Tab and Fresca are still around, Fresca is still everywhere and by everywhere I mean 7-11 and the Booby Bar.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Dammit Dick, you beat me to it!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Yes! Refreshing Tab cola! And how about an economical RC Cola?!

Imagine colorful retro graphics embedded into the back-lit soft drink selection buttons including:

• Arguments
• Crying Jags
• Redemptions
• Failures
• Laments
• Show Tunes
• Flashbacks
• Craigslist

That last one would be for when Georgie Boy is passed out on his fainting couch and Smoochie Pooch gets on his princess phone, negotiating the sale of his remaining possessions.

I like your "voice of reason" idea, K-Mom. Perhaps emanating from the TV during the flashback sequences. Maybe newsreal style: "... and here's Georgie Boy, the newest talent that many are calling 'the toast of Broadway'. Here he is with Liza Minelli, rehearsing the dance routine for their latest musical craze hit 'Meet Me In Gerbil Town'..."
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:13 pm

"Gerbil" myth= dated homophobic 80's stereotype. Its a white conservative male using the "N" word, or the "C" word to a woman, and a good way to get the gay camps to want to tear the piece down.

Its a fine line between non-PC & hysterically funny and out & out offensive.

Just sayin'

and this took about 6 rewrites to be polite
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby oneeyeddick » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:36 pm

So gerbil jokes is crossing the line?

I wondered where that line was, exactly.

Thanks for setting us straight.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby Bob » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:50 pm

Shirley, if you think a gerbil reference is noteworthy, you have no business in this business...

...unless your theme is urban legends, or duct tape.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:37 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:So gerbil jokes is crossing the line?

I make gerbil jokes, but I don't call my friends "N..", even if they're black. I don't do "funny Asian accents", even with my Asian friends. I'm not them.

Gerbil jokes are one of "those things"- said by a member of the community its targeting, it's comedy, even to that community. Said by a straight white male in character as an aging queen.... it's Micky Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's: the culture at large might think it's funny, but the people being made fun of won't.

Jellyfish is on to a piece that can be hysterically funny, and he's a proven genius with his stuff. However, it can also be outright offensive. I'm hoping he can hit the line without doing something that makes it a minstrel show and just another one of those things that uses "gay" as the punchline without actually being funny. You don't have to be PC, but there is definitely a place where something becomes just another bit of verbal bashing.

And if you think I'm suddenly a little sensitive on this issue, you may be correct. In the last month 10 gay kids 18 and under have committed suicide due to harassment & bullying (3 were just 13 years old)- and those are just the ones we know of.

The perpetuation of the gay stereotype as a joke feeds into the culture that tells people its okay to make fun of, and beat, gays and lesbians & trans- calling something you don't like "gay" (ie: "that bar is so gay") is a use of the language that is degrading to the people who are gay (you wouldn't say "that bar is so female, or Asian, or black") and feeds the cultural stereotype that gay=wrong, and helps explain why a car full of frats decided to yell "fag" at me as I walked down the street in my own neighborhood this afternoon.

If you want to explain why it is actually funny, I have a friend who got out of the hospital two weeks ago after having his balls bashed with a baseball bat while being called "faggot" (in SF, no less) who would probably love to hear your explanation.

I need to step away and have a drink.

edit: I'm stepping out of this thread. I'm way too annoyed by something on the internets, and I don't need that right now.

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Postby Bob » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Not too late to change your proposal to Georgie Boy: Semi-Retired Son of The Aristocrats!

Bob

Postby FIGJAM » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Dont forget Eric, Redheads are magical. :)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:00 pm

((((((((((Eric))))))))))

Thank you.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Tiahaar » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:32 pm

Well shows how unplugged I am from the "in" gay scene because up till now I would not have known what the gerbil reference was refering to...I will put it out there to my fellow 'gay ghetto' campers from this year and discuss.

So...how about a trucker's queen song..how many of y'all remember this classic? The video montage isn't too great, but oh the words of this song :D :P :D (First time I heard the song it had me laughing uncontrollably somewhere between Idaho and Texas, was on a random tape I picked up in a truck stop, caught me completely by surprise.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEuJo9ZmpXM[/youtube]
Burning Man 2003-13; Desert Carillon, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage Tech
RING THE COCK Caravansy Peenerweight Boutique
Tiahaar

Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:05 pm

Tiahaar wrote:So...how about a trucker's queen song..

Stereotypical "gay" voice scares the good straight men, then turns out to be infiltrating them to turn them in to the "enemy", in this case the police.

Laugh riot.

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:27 am

I never have understood the whole Gerbil thing anyhow.

Those little bastards have sharp claws and razor sharp incisors.

If you were to try to suffocate a Gerbil, it's gonna do a little more than just a "wiggle".
oneeyeddick

Postby ygmir » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:46 am

oneeyeddick wrote:I never have understood the whole Gerbil thing anyhow.

If you were to try to suffocate a Gerbil, it's gonna do a little more than just a "wiggle".

maybe they dress them in little boxing gloves and football helmets?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:34 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:I never have understood the whole Gerbil thing anyhow.

Yeah, and the first guy who got a bite inside himself would have serious problems, with septic ooze entering his bloodstream. It never happened...
I don't know why it started. I suspect it was due to the increasing viability of homosexual communities. And it's another of those change-induced-anxieties becoming an urban myth.

I don't know why Richard Gear. Maybe because he represented a softer masculinity that women found attractive, so men had to symbolically "unman" him?
~shrug~
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Tiahaar » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:44 am

Consensus among my little group is go for it, gerbilling is fair spoofing game! We believe that done in the inimitable manor of the great creator of ZsuZsu and Co. that the audience will be laughing With Georgie Boy rather than At him.

Sort of like "I remember the time Richard got the hammer/golf ball/(choose something here) lodged in his behind, oh my...and then took credit for the whole gerbilling revolution!" and lamenting that no one gives poor Georgie credit for anything so exciting anymore :cry: ...

yup been there done that :lol:
Burning Man 2003-13; Desert Carillon, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage Tech
RING THE COCK Caravansy Peenerweight Boutique
Tiahaar

Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby Boijoy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:29 pm

I agree with Fishy. I believe "Gerballing" was made up by homophobes to make Gay Males & (Richard Gear) look bad. I have known MANY gay males & none of them had ever heard of anyone actually taking part in this activity.

Sorry about your friend Eric. Can I make him some soup? :)
don't forget to floss
Boijoy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:50 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1pycKTtCGQ&feature=related[/youtube]
oneeyeddick

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Maybe Smoochie Pooch can go on a tirade about it. I believe there are few better stupid-funny gags than the suggestion of foreign objects up the butt. It's certainly not restricted to any particular sexual persuasion... dig:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7lnAGkw9nA[/youtube]
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Bin Noddin » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:37 pm

I always thought the gerbil thing was about stupid, not about gay. But what do I know?
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen
Bin Noddin

Postby Bob » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Hope you're providing an adequate supply of sanitary hand puppets as your participatory element.

Bob

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:50 pm

I dunno, Dick, shouldn't Lemmywanks come out a bit more bedraggled and acid-washed?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby ygmir » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:25 pm

south park can be so "there"................
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:29 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I dunno, Dick, shouldn't Lemmywanks come out a bit more bedraggled and acid-washed?

I Dunno, but I definately love his flaming helmet....and Rammstein.
oneeyeddick

Postby unjonharley » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:26 am

Maybe you bunch of closet back door bandits could give this thread back to the Jelly Mon NOW :!:.
unjonharley

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:41 am

oneeyeddick wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:I dunno, Dick, shouldn't Lemmywanks come out a bit more bedraggled and acid-washed?

I Dunno, but I definately love his flaming helmet....and Rammstein.

Rammstein's a given.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:46 am

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:Maybe Smoochie Pooch can go on a tirade about it. I believe there are few better stupid-funny gags than the suggestion of foreign objects up the butt.

If you can find a way to twist that back to the audience, sort of hoisting them on their own expectations--what does it say about you that you think this is gay sexual expression, what is your interest in trying anal--that could be beautiful. Of course, some people will think you are confirming their suspicions (I won't say that's because they're too stupid to get it, but I may think it loudly) and it will be a tricky line to walk and maybe it's not worth the risk of being misunderstood, but something about big risk big reward.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Snow » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:02 am

An ex of mine was an ER nurse, and man were there ever lots of people comming in all the time with things lost up their asses. She seemed to think NONE of them were gay. The scariest was a lightbulb, WTF???? It does seem more related to stupid than your sexual orientation.
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam
Snow

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 Art & Performance