Georgie Boy: Fallen Queen of Broadway by Mister Jellyfish

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Okay, snake picked you and put you in the great man's path.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Thanks all, and hi Eric. Yes, your input on what is inappropriate would be most appreciated-- just tell me what's offensive and I'll do exactly that! :-)

What I'm really looking for are snickering tidbits or catch phrases that only gay men would know about. Kind of like secret "N-words". PM me if you like. I would like the installation to be funny on many levels, just like good cartoons that appeal to both kids and adults.

I don't know if you participate in the gay pride parade. I think it would be funny as hell if it started or ended at the Georgie Boy installation next year.

Snake: how are those bed spins treating you? Aint nothin' like a vino hangover, my friend!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:01 pm

and we're off.......
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:55 am

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:Thanks all, and hi Eric. Yes, your input on what is inappropriate would be most appreciated-- just tell me what's offensive and I'll do exactly that! :-)

What I'm really looking for are snickering tidbits or catch phrases that only gay men would know about. Kind of like secret "N-words". PM me if you like. I would like the installation to be funny on many levels, just like good cartoons that appeal to both kids and adults.

I don't know if you participate in the gay pride parade. I think it would be funny as hell if it started or ended at the Georgie Boy installation next year.

Snake: how are those bed spins treating you? Aint nothin' like a vino hangover, my friend!

wolfbagging....then you can incorporate bacon into it...
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby unjonharley » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:10 am

MJM,

Will there be street noise from the seedy side of town? Lowly coming through the cracked window with water line stained drapes. Sherly a broken motel sign flickering in the back ground.

Stuff like a firetruck passing. Or a guy and his ole lady fighting.. Maybe a shot ring out now and then..
unjonharley

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:54 am

unjonharley wrote:MJM,

Will there be street noise from the seedy side of town? Lowly coming through the cracked window with water line stained drapes. Sherly a broken motel sign flickering in the back ground.

Stuff like a firetruck passing. Or a guy and his ole lady fighting.. Maybe a shot ring out now and then..

Good ambient stuff there, Unjon, thanks. I'm starting to lien toward giving Reno a miss and just making it the "Black Rock Motel" for reasons including the fact that his flashbacks as well as his talk about Broadway and touring off Broadway need to be "centered" when he comes back into a reality that is very present. That's where Smoochie Pooch and his abusive retorts come in.

I'm drawing some inspiration from that Aranofski movie, Requiem For A Dream in which the mother pulls in and out of the TV game show and how it becomes dark and haunting as it becomes a part of her hallucinations. I like the idea of canned laughter and applause, at least during Georgie Boy's flashbacks.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby unjonharley » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:07 am

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:

Good ambient stuff there, Unjon, thanks. I'm starting to lien toward giving Reno a miss and just making it the "Black Rock Motel" for reasons including the fact that his flashbacks as well as his talk about Broadway and touring off Broadway need to be "centered" when he comes back into a reality that is very present. That's where Smoochie Pooch and his abusive retorts come in.

That shit comes from my back ground.. Times when my brother and I would find the old man.. Sober him up for a funneral or other family gets.

I remember a lot of the room junk too.. Stuff the maid kicked under the bed.. Instead of picking it up..
unjonharley

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:I'm starting to lien toward giving Reno a miss...

So, Jellly, whose property are you putting that lien on?

Those of us who cannot be great playa artists, can still get in a little bit of snark at those who can!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:17 pm

BTW, Eric is Skid.Jam.min.Man, I am sure you can connect the Dots Jelly.

And here is a link to the Movie "The Great Race", it is as long as Avatar, but alas no blue Vietnamese Monkeys to make me horny.
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=OVFS06BR

and the movie "Requim for a Dream", one of my faves too.
http://megavideo.com/?v=I708O7HX
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby Tiahaar » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:38 pm

Jellyfish can you get your robot Georgie Boy to puff on a long slim one (in a holder of course) perchance? Most of the old queens I know seem to smoke :?

Then there's Albin of 'La Cage aux Folles'...
Burning Man 2003-13; Desert Carillon, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage Tech
RING THE COCK Caravansy Peenerweight Boutique
Tiahaar

Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:49 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:BTW, Eric is Skid.Jam.min.Man, I am sure you can connect the Dots Jelly.

Hope he can, 'cause I'm lost.

Of course, I'm also drinking. They might be related.

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:52 am

Good point about the smoking, Tiahaar. Our own Munz was successful once at installing a smoking apparatus on HotShot The Robot so I'll inquire with him. If there's too much cross-breeze in the diorama, nobody will see the smoke so we'll play with it. I would construct a prop cigarette in his hand, put a red LED in the end of it, then burn smoke oil and pass it out of his mouth whenever he's listening to Smoochie Pooch. I have to make sure that the two arms swinging back and forth, one with a brandy snifter and the other with the smoke, don't look too comical. Perhaps if I just hinge the smoking arm at the elbow to bring it up to his lips... hmmmm.

Something smacked me in the head recently regarding theme relevance that comes from personal experience. You see, my own personal mid life crises I believe is finally over, and it centered around Burning Man in a big way. Perhaps it saved me from buying a red Corvette convertible, but my fascination with youth and disappointments with my own lot in life are something I think would play out well through the Georgie Boy character. A constant, nagging "Is that all there is? Is it all downhill from here?" would be a fine undercurrent to the dialog. It was, for me, a very valid and earthshaking experience, yet there is no recognition of it in our society as a right of passage-- no elders that acknowledge it. It's the "perfect hoax" that Alan Watts refers to here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFjtfzB8H9o[/youtube][/url]
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Bob » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:35 am

Does your Georgie Boy horde robotic dogs, or robotic cats?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:06 am

Eric wrote:
oneeyeddick wrote:BTW, Eric is Skid.Jam.min.Man, I am sure you can connect the Dots Jelly.

Hope he can, 'cause I'm lost.

Of course, I'm also drinking. They might be related.

Not you Eric, the other Eric,who snake suggested(and I second her suggestion) which is also SkidJamminMan, sorry for the confusion, I hope Jelly can figure it out.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby unjonharley » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:09 am

[quote="Mister Jellyfish Mister"]
Something smacked me in the head recently regarding theme relevance that comes from personal experience. You see, my own personal mid life crises I believe is finally over, and it centered around Burning Man in a big way. Perhaps it saved me from buying a red Corvette convertible,
but my fascination with youth and disappointments with my own lot in life are something I think would play out well through the Georgie Boy character. A constant, nagging "Is that all there is? Is it all downhill from here?" would be a fine undercurrent to the dialog. It was, for me, a very valid and earthshaking experience, yet there is no recognition of it in our society as a right of passage-- no elders that acknowledge it. It's the "perfect hoax" that Alan Watts refers to here:

There is a whole story in the Statler Brother's song:

Counting flowers on the wall

That don't bother me at all

Playing solitary till dawn

With a deck of fifty one

Smoking cigerettes and watching Captain Kangeroo

Now don't tell me I've nothing to do
unjonharley

Postby snake » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:28 am

one eyed...i don't think skdjam/eric ever comes to eplaya..but jelly and skdjam are both on facebook. i can just imagine skidjam belting out a few show tunes.
snake

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:35 am

They both better do exactly what I tell them to do or they
won't get to rub anymore SPF50 suntan lotion on my back.
oneeyeddick

Postby Tiahaar » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Did Georgie Boy work with the Blazing Saddles dance troupe?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMK6lzmSk2o[/youtube]
RIP Dom DeLuise
Burning Man 2003-13; Desert Carillon, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage Tech
RING THE COCK Caravansy Peenerweight Boutique
Tiahaar

Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Geogie Boy and Zsu Zsu

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:38 pm

In 2008, I lead a crew to build an installation called "Zsu Zsu: The Crybaby Drama Queen". Here's some footage with the Georgie Boy character interacting with Zsu Zsu and her pet ferret Feelth as portrayed through her trailer window using rear projection:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYYZhmO7vq0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXRAxmvxypw[/youtube]

Zsu Zsu played by A_delle
Feelth by Bernie B.
Voice over by Mac Daddy
Infrared camera by Munz[/youtube]
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:10 am

gerbils are for fairies.

real men use ferrets.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby ygmir » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:13 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:gerbils are for fairies.

real men use ferrets.

is that a new quote from Mr. Geer?

has he "made the turn"?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Bob » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:01 am

Have you considered installing this thing in a plush double-wide and requesting a space next to First Camp?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby kman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:27 pm

real men use ferrets.

REAL men use badgers.

Don't ask me how I know.
kman

Postby unjonharley » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:41 pm

kman wrote:

real men use ferrets.

REAL men use badgers.

Don't ask me how I know.

Use blue painters tape.. It's recycleable
unjonharley

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:52 pm

kman wrote:

real men use ferrets.

REAL men use badgers.

Don't ask me how I know.

Like Badger will let me touch him. He got wise the day I met him, little bastard.

(CaptBadger, not Iso Badger. Just to keep things clear)

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:30 pm

Eric wrote:
kman wrote:

real men use ferrets.

REAL men use badgers.

Don't ask me how I know.

Like Badger will let me touch him. He got wise the day I met him, little bastard.

(CaptBadger, not Iso Badger. Just to keep things clear)
Badgers here, badgers there and not a drop to drink.

Thread drift!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Box wine
and porcupine.
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby unjonharley » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Couple a torch song for G Boy

Franks

Is That All there is and I Did It My Way
unjonharley

Postby Isotopia » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:50 pm

I think Georgie's camp music should be Barbara Streisand's Yentil soundtrack played at 16 rpm on a turntable.
Isotopia

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks, you two. I'm thinking mostly orchestral swells so Georgie can get ready to burst into song, only to be stifled by Smoochie Pooch followed by a record scratch or wind down like what we did with the music at the end of the Ein Hammer flame sequences.

I watched Sunset Boulevard with my daughter tonight and I gotta tell you we were blown away. Really got me thinking about Georgie's dark side. Stage lighting is going to be crucial, and I'm now thinking the diorama needs an automated red velvet theatrical curtain behind the chicken wire.

Also toying with the idea of using an old '70's looking soda machine with the big selection buttons labeled so participants can select the different groups of vignettes as though they were refreshing vintage beverages. Anybody remember Fresca?
Mister Jellyfish Mister

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 Art & Performance