what's your current opinion on RVs?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:11 am

neon tetra wrote:
Isotopia wrote:
while the rest of us have to do what we can to survive.

Survive? Survive????? As in 'radical...survival?'

Get over here and clean my screen off right now.

It's a goddamn camping trip you silly ass monkey.

It ain't like you're packing for a solo ascent up the fucking west wall of K-2 or a canoe trip trip down the Congo.

Cheesus, I can't believe people are still chomping on that same old dessicated turd of a buzz phrase.

:lol:

Couldn't agree more.

And actually, it's not even a camping trip. Those, especially long backcountry ones, are more along the lines of radical survival.
It's a festival. And it's laughable when people pretend they're surviving a week in the deep Amazon or something. But to each their own I guess,

So is it a FESTIVAL or not? sorry to slip off topic but it looked like a KOA, or a Sam's club with all the RV's or one huge Walmart parking lot. Flat as a board don't even need to set your parking brake. Radical self-reliance?
Well if you can't rely on yourself to make sure you're comfortable who's fault is that?

I shared part time an RV but as they were people I met on FB and they were from another country, it was sketchy. One person was a slob. And even though there was only 3 people in it, it one takes one slob to ruin that whole aspect. But it wasn't the RV's fault. They are inanimate objects, what YOU do with them makes the difference.
Supposed to be creative people right?
They should enforce the camouflaging of the logos, at a minimum.IMHO
punapeter

Postby H.G.Crosby » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:15 am

They should enforce....

suck it.

suck it hard.
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™
H.G.Crosby

Postby neon tetra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:19 am

punapeter wrote:They should enforce the camouflaging of the logos, at a minimum.IMHO

I don't know about enforce, but they should do a better job at suggesting it. I know it's on the website, but I think a lot of people probably miss it.
Also, on this topic, I've found that Frog Tape works the best. A lot of other tapes will leave a huge mess behind after a week (or more) of baking in the sun.
neon tetra

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:33 am

ok got to be VERY careful with each word.
enforce=suggest, how ever,
with all the open interpretations of things, there will be a never ending supply of fodder for the message boards for people to argue over, like this, or cell phones, or participation, or ..........
and if everyone is right, "because it's the way they burn", well then don't be tripping when the day tours come in because they're doin it their way.

For that matter, if there's no restrictions, think I'll rent a double wide next time,lol (that's a freakin joke, no comment regarding double wides necessary, no I don't live in a trailer). :roll:
punapeter

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:37 am

well then don't be tripping when the day tours come in because they're doin it their way.

do NOT talk about my mother that way, motherfucker.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Bob » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:45 am

Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:04 pm

edit
punapeter

Postby Snow » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Hmmm I wonder how much a well used double wide is going for these days? An eightball?
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam
Snow

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:08 pm

H.G.Crosby wrote:
They should enforce....

suck it.

suck it hard.

show us how, as it's what's on your mind, what little there seems to be of each..
punapeter

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:12 pm

theres no need to my friend, you just gave us all an excellent demonstration on how to suck it hard.

thank you.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:19 pm

simon says, lol yo Simone, Romper Room is off the air or didn't they tell you, oh that's right you weren't born yet..
creativity is not your forte.
neither is houmor.
stick to chewing on that last finger you have left,
nasty habit that chewin on fingers, dicks and the like eh?
LMFAOROFBYL
punapeter

Postby Bob » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Yeah, act your age not your GVW (tons).
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby neon tetra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Anywho, I was just looking for peoples current opinions on the subject, so I thank you for all the replies.

I wasn't looking for a pissing contest of who is "more burner than thou". There's enough of that on here already, as well as on the playa.
neon tetra

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:24 pm

i was born in 1964, punk, and i remember Doo-Bee quite well, IN BLACK AND WHITE.

so, after you're done sucking it hard, why dont you run along and go purchase something gluten-free or whatever it is you do...

stupid, stupid, stupid fucking hippy.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:28 pm

Simon is just pissed because someone burned down his teepee while he was hanging out over in Snowflake covered in green body glitter drinking Brut champagne.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:31 pm

i knew that was you....you cant drive an eight foot green flaming penis art car without somebody seeing something.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Nope, it was you...I saw your sippy cup.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:34 pm

those were reruns, knew you were an adolescent male, going through your 40's mid life crisis,lol
you are definitely a DON"T Bee, sewer mouth.

It seems all these threads reduce themselves to the same two dozen multiposters who mostly, "mostly", feel territorial and that's understandable,
juvenile but understandable.
punapeter

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:36 pm

bite me, poopy face.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:42 pm

I just noticed his name is Punypeter...that explains it.
oneeyeddick

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:47 pm

punapeter wrote:It seems all these threads reduce themselves to the same two dozen multiposters who mostly, "mostly", feel territorial and that's understandable,

S'okay, all your posts reduce themselves to a cranky old man railing against the fact the world doesn't run the way you want it to.

Bitching about the event, about what people wore there, about what they contribute, about how they want to enjoy their time, about it being to much of a "festival", about.... oh pretty much everything that Burning Man is.

Have fun shaking your cane at the wind Pappy.

*plonk*
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:51 pm

Now that I blocked you two kids, maybe you can entertain each other with your
wanntabe amusing retorts
punapeter

Postby ygmir » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:56 pm

Eric wrote:
punapeter wrote:It seems all these threads reduce themselves to the same two dozen multiposters who mostly, "mostly", feel territorial and that's understandable,

S'okay, all your posts reduce themselves to a cranky old man railing against the fact the world doesn't run the way you want it to.

Bitching about the event, about what people wore there, about what they contribute, about how they want to enjoy their time, about it being to much of a "festival", about.... oh pretty much everything that Burning Man is.

*plonk*

why am I now thinking of physics?.......

who wants cheese?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Eric wrote:

*plonk*

WTF did I say anything about what people wore? or about how they enjoy their time? or about it being a "festival" or not depends who's posting.

And I have no problem with what BM says it is. Just everyone pretending one thing and doing another.

And disrespect for you elders is something the youth was never taught along with manners, I suppose.

I gotta get back to my shop, wasted enough of the morning talking to moop.
punapeter

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:08 pm

i bet you just back right out of your driveway without looking too....

i cant WAIT to be as old and crotchety as you so i can get away with shit like that without getting my ass kicked.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby neon tetra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:11 pm

I think it's more of a dopamine and adrenaline thing. A lot of messageboard nerds get hooked on said substances, and then post in such a way as to facilitate their release.
neon tetra

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:14 pm

spoken like a true Esalen Pre-Natal Matrix Douchetard Pseudo Doctor.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:21 pm

punapeter wrote:WTF did I say anything about what people wore? or about how they enjoy their time? or about it being a "festival" or not depends who's posting.

punapeter, Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:47 pm wrote:Even some costumes. i think there was too much moop people were wearing. One hardly wants to get dressed up and be the only who took the time to actually design, and put together something breath taking if everyone else is in thrift stores rummaging for the stupidest looking thing they can find. I was expecting more of a community of real costumers.

punapeter, Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:00 pm wrote:yes sheeple, those who like the barbies are walking straight into the ovens, you aren't paying attention????

punapeter, Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:56 am wrote:It's bad enough there are generators leaking oil and machinery leaking hydrolic fluids, cars leaking oil and transmission fluid, but leaking everything else to the 'outside' world via an Iphone is the Comodification this event wasn't going to include.

[snip]

BM needs to start over with just the artists and the sculptors, leave the carnival camping moop to those who hit all the "festivals".

and I could go on.

Either you haven't a clue at the words you're actually posting or you think we're idiots who can't read the words you place in front of us.

And I have no problem with what BM says it is. Just everyone pretending one thing and doing another.

Uh huh. I still have no idea how you ever read about Burning Man or saw pictures of it & thought it was different than what it is. Thats your preconceived notions being dashed, not the event pretending it's something its not.

And disrespect for you elders is something the youth was never taught along with manners, I suppose.

Give me a reason to respect you, I will. You don't get a pass just because you were born before me, just like I don't get respect I don't earn. I will never respect someone because I am "supposed" to, I would never expect to be respected just because I'm old.

Take a deep breath and read what you post before you hit the "submit" button and you might actually understand why everyone is "attacking" your statements. And, yes, I take my own advise & check almost every post of mine 3 or 4 times before placing it, I stand by every word I put down.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby unjonharley » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Fuck you punks..

Don't be throwing me into your "old"basket yet.

I just bemore progressivethan all of you put togeather..
unjonharley

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:26 pm

He's gonna plonk you next Eric, and then he's gonna hit the thing that lets him read what the plonked person posted regardless.
(just like he is doing...RIGHT NOW)
oneeyeddick

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy