JUMPED at Nexus... in hospital unconcsious for 28 hrs...

Postby changoloco » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:37 am

[quote="Tabula Rasa Mistress"]This is a fascinating topic (not fascinating in that some poor burner got injured severely enough to be hospitalized, but fascinating to me for a reason I will explain):

My Husband and I have been burning since '03. I love that on the playa, in my experience, the most severe brutality I've been witness to was getting a good ass kicking in Thunderdome (encouraged and appreciated) or a good ass whipping in the now turned to dust, Spike's (yeehaw!)...

However, I have seen some burners, intoxicated and not, fuck with other burners, only to see said other burners say something along the lines of "It's cool. No problem."

To which we've looked at each other; mellow burners who bring a jewelry making camp and lots of fluffy pillows (oh, and we both served our country many moons ago, one many years overseas, so we’ll serve you that pretty tapestry with a can of whoop-ass if you ask for it) and think not, WTF, but WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?

If anyone was hanging out at Opulent Temple in '07 or '08 (sorry, I'm still fried from getting my own ass handed to me from amazing burners beading frantically all week long in Center Camp), we witnessed a person, who I saw peeking whilst appearing and acting drunk, so I believe he was completely sober; full on dead running into other burners; hurting a couple of them, knocking some over. Every single person (save one) said "It's cool, brother" and one female tried to yell at him, with her friends, a male and female saying “No probâ€
Live the life you love, Love the life you live
changoloco

Burning Since: 1997

Postby AntiM » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:50 am

I'm still here. My camp is always in Hushville, at the T intersection. Not open at night and I'm not always home at home. We have a Lady D who camps with us, very confusing, ha.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby ygmir » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:50 am

[quote="changoloco"][quote="Tabula Rasa Mistress"]This is a fascinating topic (not fascinating in that some poor burner got injured severely enough to be hospitalized, but fascinating to me for a reason I will explain):

My Husband and I have been burning since '03. I love that on the playa, in my experience, the most severe brutality I've been witness to was getting a good ass kicking in Thunderdome (encouraged and appreciated) or a good ass whipping in the now turned to dust, Spike's (yeehaw!)...

However, I have seen some burners, intoxicated and not, fuck with other burners, only to see said other burners say something along the lines of "It's cool. No problem."

To which we've looked at each other; mellow burners who bring a jewelry making camp and lots of fluffy pillows (oh, and we both served our country many moons ago, one many years overseas, so we’ll serve you that pretty tapestry with a can of whoop-ass if you ask for it) and think not, WTF, but WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?

If anyone was hanging out at Opulent Temple in '07 or '08 (sorry, I'm still fried from getting my own ass handed to me from amazing burners beading frantically all week long in Center Camp), we witnessed a person, who I saw peeking whilst appearing and acting drunk, so I believe he was completely sober; full on dead running into other burners; hurting a couple of them, knocking some over. Every single person (save one) said "It's cool, brother" and one female tried to yell at him, with her friends, a male and female saying “No probâ€
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby robrob » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 am

YO! PEOPLE are on Drugs out there!!!!!

hello, my new favorite bumper sticker!
robrob

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: smoregasm / endor

Postby pinemom » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:48 am

ya, funny it works out in Default TOO!

Scary huh!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Tabula Rasa Mistress » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:02 am

changoloco wrote:
This post hurt my brain to read. If you are going to post in such great length, please use proper grammar, punctation, sentence and paragraph structure.

Oh dear. That is very unfortunate. I believe I left a reply that I rambled a bit and saw some grammatical errors. I've been on this board for six years and seeing that I post very rarely, did it occur to you that I was merely making up for lost time, excited and lostmyheadwhilstwritinginstreamofconsciousness? Or perhaps, instead of quoting the entire post that hurt your brain (whereby subjecting the readers of this thread to my apparent abuse of the English language a second time), a direct message might have sufficed---or even a couple of shocked eyeballs and your disdain for ramblingrunonneverendingprose, written by a mad woman, no less.

Not one to ridicule or point out unintentional or unimportant mistakes of others, I normally would not say this; but in the interest of my newly discovered ability to not be intimidated by others, especially internet people (at Burning Man, I bet we'd get along fabulously), I feel it my duty to reply in kind, dear sir:

If you feel it your responsibilty to only address what I openly acknowledged myself prior to your reply (grammer, rambling) without even a nod to the content (I actually cracked myself up; and laughed really loud when my dear husband stopped me in reading PARAGRAPHS 6 and 7 {purely accidental on my part that they ran together} to him aloud, and said "Babe, you really did ramble through that one!"), then please do me a favor in kind: Make sure you have spell check on before telling others how to post.

Seriously? I remember now why I rarely come here. As I said, I bet we'd get along great at Burning Man, but I am so grateful you reminded me that the internet is definitely not Burning Man. If this also hurt your brain to read, maybe next time you see a post from me, should I post again (well, I will in a moment, to AntiM and pinemom) it might be a good idea (just a suggestion here, of course) to ignore it and save us both from what is now my first "ew" encounter with a burner in cyberspace! Yay you :) Have a wonderful day, rest of your year and hope to see you at Burning Man!

Lady D

P.s. I'm not upset, just amused and enlightened... Indeed.

Edited for the need to remove an extra "be"---me and that damn grammar! :lol: :shock: :oops:
Tabula Rasa Mistress

Postby Tabula Rasa Mistress » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:08 am

AntiM wrote:I'm still here. My camp is always in Hushville, at the T intersection. Not open at night and I'm not always home at home. We have a Lady D who camps with us, very confusing, ha.

I found your Wayward Art thread here on eplaya, and wrote on there :)

Lady D is short for a name I gave myself years ago, in the '90s, that is so riddled with poor grammar and bad punctUation, it is easier just to use Lady D---I remember you telling me about your Lady D when we met in '07...

Regarding pinemom's post---I dug it, agree and that would make the perfect bumper sticker!

Lady D
Tabula Rasa Mistress

Previous

Return to 2010 Theme Camps