Assembling team for 2011 project around Des Moines, Iowa

Assembling team for 2011 project around Des Moines, Iowa

Postby Eklypz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:29 pm

Will put this out local but thought to drop a note because many are not on the Iowa lists.

I have a vision for an art project that will involve elemental trials that I will enact for 2011. In the design phase now but will have various games involved with unlocking keys of Fire, Air, Earth, and Water to allow the final trial of spirit.

I plan to learn most everything from the ground up. I mainly work in concrete and glass (mosaic, cast, stained) so those elements will be there but need people with programming, led, electrical knowledge as well as pressure plates and such.

4 year big burner / 6 year regional burner and excited to finally bring some art out to share at the big one. I am wanting to have a prototype done for at least part of it by Interfuse, the first week of May, to bring there and field test so getting a jump now. I have a warehouse studio space so that should be no problem.

PM if interested in helping out!
Jeffz
~o(Eklypz)o~
Eklypz

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Hookahdome

Postby veleda » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:21 pm

That sounds really fun! I'm not in Iowa but i would love to hear more and follow your project as you get it going!
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby Eklypz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:41 pm

[quote="veleda"]That sounds really fun! I'm not in Iowa but i would love to hear more and follow your project as you get it going![/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement! Will definitely have some sort of blog thing going once beyond conceptual phase.
~o(Eklypz)o~
Eklypz

Postby veleda » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:24 am

it sounds totally exciting!

Puzzle, Electronics, Mosaic (I'm a mosac artst), and Spirituality.

:)
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby Eklypz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:28 pm

[quote="veleda"]it sounds totally exciting!

Puzzle, Electronics, Mosaic (I'm a mosac artst), and Spirituality.

:)[/quote]

Thanks, those things pretty much sum up my focuses in life, may as well get them out there to share :D The team is starting to shape up nicely. Have an archaelogist on board that is going to help me research ancient/tribal/spiritual games/tests for the innards of the art piece! Hope to have a blog going for progress by next month. Will be great winter project :D
~o(Eklypz)o~
Eklypz

Return to 2011 Art & Performance