JUMPED at Nexus... in hospital unconcsious for 28 hrs...

JUMPED at Nexus... in hospital unconcsious for 28 hrs...

Postby sanjibovitz » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:08 am

I need to know who hit behind the head when I wasn't looking! my hospital bill is incredibly expensive and the guy who hit me is VIOLENT and needs some re-evaluation! I guess I pissed the brother off by plucking his and a few of his friends feathers out of their 500 feather mohawk hat but, you'd figure they had a few to spare! I am on the track that they are part of the pink pussy cat crew out of New York and possibly a merger with Overkill Camp. It happened at Nexus somewhere between 9 and 10 o'clock. Answer back to this blog and I'll be checking it. Nexus I love you and have for the last three years, nothing against you... but a Pink Pussy Cat almost killed me out there this year for ego-testical reasons. A bunch of my belongings are missing too, if you know about my backback, captains jacket, camera (panasonic wde lens), tiger striped bike, etc.. let me know as well.
If anyone kows Ozz's info send it my way.
Thanks for helping,
Sanji
sanjibovitz

Postby robrob » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:47 am

but, you'd figure they had a few to spare!

i guess not!

i am not making an excuse for violence (which is a bummer) but I hope you learned not to touch people/take things things without consent in the future.
robrob

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: smoregasm

Re: JUMPED at Nexus... in hospital unconcsious for 28 hrs...

Postby retropsycho » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:14 pm

sanjibovitz wrote:I need to know who hit behind the head when I wasn't looking! my hospital bill is incredibly expensive and the guy who hit me is VIOLENT and needs some re-evaluation! I guess I pissed the brother off by plucking his and a few of his friends feathers out of their 500 feather mohawk hat but, you'd figure they had a few to spare! I am on the track that they are part of the pink pussy cat crew out of New York and possibly a merger with Overkill Camp.

info@campoverkill.com

sanjibovitz wrote: ...if you know about my backback, captains jacket, camera (panasonic wde lens), tiger striped bike, etc.

lost items: index.php?c=59 + lostandfound@burningman.com

lost bikes: lostbikes@burningman.com

Best wishes,

~ Retro
I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
retropsycho

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:45 pm

robrob wrote:
but, you'd figure they had a few to spare!

i guess not!

i am not making an excuse for violence (which is a bummer) but I hope you learned not to touch people/take things things without consent in the future.

+5. You take stuff off my garb, without my consent (which you wouldn't get anyway) the same thing may happen. I put perhaps a hundred hours into some of my stuff, at a pretty healthy expense to achieve the look I want. It's like stealing stuff out of the bar - same gig. (BTW, I had a clepto in the bart his year, she was the first I gently 86'd out of the joint. )

Bottom line - if I gift you, cherish and honor it as a memento of the burn. If you steal something, be prepared to accept the wrath without sniveling.

Pretty unburner thing to do... sorry you got your butt whupped, but BRC is a GIFT economy, NOT a THEFT economy.

I hate to say it - but karms on the Playa is really alive, and it can be a total bitch. Serious. ALWAYS comes back to bite you - and if you're lucky it's only 7-fold. Sorry...
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:48 pm

I find it hard to be sympathetic too, but it doesn't quite seem the punishment fit the crime.

JK
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Sometimes you just improvise. When someone does me wrong, I am little disposed toward calibrating my response. Especially if it's in the dark. ;)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby curiousgnate » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:00 pm

I think its horrible that you got hit in the head. obviously you shouldn't have done what you did but that is more then beside the point. I the said person was pissed they should have talked to you about it. Violence is never something to resort to, and I am just glad that you are ok. If the person who hit you is laughing at you, and/or then stole your shit that just makes them that much more of an ugly person in my mind. I just don't get why violence is seen as a way of dealing with a situation. It seems like kindergarten stuff to me, take something of mine without asking and i will hit you.
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby alt12 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:54 pm

sanjibovitz wrote:I need to know who hit behind the head when I wasn't looking! my hospital bill is incredibly expensive and the guy who hit me is VIOLENT and needs some re-evaluation! I guess I pissed the brother off by plucking his and a few of his friends feathers out of their 500 feather mohawk hat but, you'd figure they had a few to spare! I am on the track that they are part of the pink pussy cat crew out of New York and possibly a merger with Overkill Camp. It happened at Nexus somewhere between 9 and 10 o'clock. Answer back to this blog and I'll be checking it. Nexus I love you and have for the last three years, nothing against you... but a Pink Pussy Cat almost killed me out there this year for ego-testical reasons. A bunch of my belongings are missing too, if you know about my backback, captains jacket, camera (panasonic wde lens), tiger striped bike, etc.. let me know as well.
Thanks for helping,
Sanji

Sanji, you forgot to mention what night this was.... Also, if you were unconscious for 28 hours, I assume that you were MEDEVAC'd to Reno.... Was there a helicopter dispatched to Nexus? I didn't hear about it... An Ambulance? If so, I imagine there would be a shit-ton of BLM and sherrif's all over Nexus that night.... Hard to imagine that if said attack occurred and you were indeed in the hospital for "28 hours unconscious" that there isn't some kind of paper trail on the incident.....
alt12

Burning Since: 2003

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:28 am

The helipad is in the spaceport. So it would have been an ambulance from Nexus. I think it was 19 or so evacuations last year? or maybe the year before and we were down a bit last year. They actually stage helicopters at Nixon (or some other 447 town) to cut down on flight time from Reno.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby ygmir » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:30 am

there was one life flight, while I was on perimiter.......it came from Reno.
Landed near the LEO compound, if that's the "spaceport".

I don't know if there were more, that's the only one I saw, and, it was mid week
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:45 am

Sanji, the guy that whacked you was probably expressing his radical self-reliance instead of calling the LEOs on you.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby C.f.M. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:51 am

They shouldn't have been wearing feathers, and you shouldn't have been touching them, much less stealing from them.
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:25 am

Spaceport is 88NV, the BRC international airport. LE and REMSA normally have their own Helipad out near the "compound" as to get in and out wihtout interfereing with Airport ops (and for security purposes). When Lightning Supression or Julies gets paged out to water down the helipad for a lifeflight, it's this pad they soak.
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:05 pm

I bow to your superior knowledge.

I did know that the coptor would not go to a camp.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Isotopia » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:49 pm

I guess I pissed the brother off by plucking his and a few of his friends feathers out of their 500 feather mohawk hat but, you'd figure they had a few to spare!

1) Destroy no art.

2) Do not interfere with another persons experience.

3) see #1

Sorry you got your chops busted. Oh, and good luck with that hospital bill - fucko.
Isotopia

Postby TomServo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Regardless of your opinon, hitting someone from behind is a bitch move! Whoever did it, should at least faced him. And for a few feathers, sounds like they were a bitch anyways!

The time I spent at the Med Tent, was my own fault. Sorry you had to encounter an asshole, like that...but remember to always ask!
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Kinetik V » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:31 pm

This is a tough one. On one hand you don't fuck with someone else's art...and it doesn't matter if the art is a costume, or something super cool placed out past the temple...treat it all with respect and you avoid these situations.

On the other hand the response is a bit over the top...and if they could be tracked down they deserve a response from law enforcement...seriously is there a place for violence on the playa? I say no...there's so many other ways you could handle it like making that feather stealer the center of an embarassing public spectacle, calling them out for their actions....

Regardless, Sanji, best wishes for a fast recovery.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby ygmir » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:58 am

yeah, seems a "bitch slap" would have sufficed..........maybe two...........

"methinks, there is much more, and another side, to this tale.........."
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby junglesmacks » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:02 am

ygmir wrote:
"methinks, there is much more, and another side, to this tale.........."
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby toaster » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:00 am

alt12 wrote:
sanjibovitz wrote:I need to know who hit behind the head when I wasn't looking! my hospital bill is incredibly expensive and the guy who hit me is VIOLENT and needs some re-evaluation! I guess I pissed the brother off by plucking his and a few of his friends feathers out of their 500 feather mohawk hat but, you'd figure they had a few to spare! I am on the track that they are part of the pink pussy cat crew out of New York and possibly a merger with Overkill Camp. It happened at Nexus somewhere between 9 and 10 o'clock. Answer back to this blog and I'll be checking it. Nexus I love you and have for the last three years, nothing against you... but a Pink Pussy Cat almost killed me out there this year for ego-testical reasons. A bunch of my belongings are missing too, if you know about my backback, captains jacket, camera (panasonic wde lens), tiger striped bike, etc.. let me know as well.
Thanks for helping,
Sanji

Sanji, you forgot to mention what night this was.... Also, if you were unconscious for 28 hours, I assume that you were MEDEVAC'd to Reno.... Was there a helicopter dispatched to Nexus? I didn't hear about it... An Ambulance? If so, I imagine there would be a shit-ton of BLM and sherrif's all over Nexus that night.... Hard to imagine that if said attack occurred and you were indeed in the hospital for "28 hours unconscious" that there isn't some kind of paper trail on the incident.....

nah, I was in center camp and heard about this. Sounded nasty... no matter what douche #1 did douche #2 should not have did what he did.
toaster

thats a dick comment

Postby epic » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:54 am

robrob, isoltopia, ugly dougly, Bay Bridge Sue and the other asshole commenters, fuck you scumbags. This guy was coldcocked/suckerpunched and you think thats OK? Then you're pieces of shit.
Do any of you Eplaya'ers ever actually meet face to face to talk this much shit? If you're not making an excuse for violence why would you write an baiting thing like that?
Fuck with someones art? Half of the art is begging to be fucked with and its part of the no spectators radical self expression ethos.
Some dumbfuck EMS dude yelled at a guy for climbing on the female giant statue Bliss's foot. I said "where does it say no climbing?" and the fuckhead actually gave me shit. So I climbed on it.

If you don't want your art touched then have a sign saying no touching.

Sanji, did you file a police (real police not BRC ranger) report and what did the cops say? If you think you know the camp the cops could have gone to those camps and interviewed people and you maybe could have ID'd the assailant.
Sorry about your injury. Some people use BM as an excuse to do whatever they fuck they want. Couple that with nonstop drinking and you have violence.

There were so many cops around Nexus at all times you think they would have seen something.

robrob wrote:

epic

Postby Mosin » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:55 am

ygmir wrote:yeah, seems a "bitch slap" would have sufficed..........maybe two...........

Maybe it was just a single, epic bitchslap?

ygmir wrote:"methinks, there is much more, and another side, to this tale.........."

Metwo...
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Re: thats a dick comment

Postby AntiM » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:50 am

epic wrote:robrob, isoltopia, ugly dougly, Bay Bridge Sue and the other asshole commenters, fuck you scumbags. This guy was coldcocked/suckerpunched and you think thats OK? Then you're pieces of shit.
Do any of you Eplaya'ers ever actually meet face to face to talk this much shit? If you're not making an excuse for violence why would you write an baiting thing like that?
Fuck with someones art? Half of the art is begging to be fucked with and its part of the no spectators radical self expression ethos.
Some dumbfuck EMS dude yelled at a guy for climbing on the female giant statue Bliss's foot. I said "where does it say no climbing?" and the fuckhead actually gave me shit. So I climbed on it.

Sanji, did you file a police (real police not BRC ranger) report and what did the cops say? If you think you know the camp the cops could have gone to those camps and interviewed people and you maybe could have ID'd the assailant.
Sorry about your injury. Some people use BM as an excuse to do whatever they fuck they want. Couple that with nonstop drinking and you have violence.

There were so many cops around Nexus at all times you think they would have seen something.

robrob wrote:

We do meet face to face annually, which is why we don't use such juvenile name calling tactics.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby jkisha » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:43 am

epic wrote:Some dumbfuck EMS dude yelled at a guy for climbing on the female giant statue Bliss's foot. I said "where does it say no climbing?" and the fuckhead actually gave me shit. So I climbed on it.

Sounds like you needed a hit in the head yourself.

JK

OH, and yes, we all actually do get together in person...once a year at the eplaya meet-n-greet.
jkisha

Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:55 am

jkisha wrote:
epic wrote:Some dumbfuck EMS dude yelled at a guy for climbing on the female giant statue Bliss's foot. I said "where does it say no climbing?" and the fuckhead actually gave me shit. So I climbed on it.

Sounds like you needed a hit in the head yourself.

JK

OH, and yes, we all actually do get together in person...once a year at the eplaya meet-n-greet.

Right? As if homeskills' credibility wasn't already shit on. Keep talking.. lol
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby buckycat » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:05 am

epic wrote:Some people use BM as an excuse to do whatever they fuck they want.

Like you, apparently.
buckycat

Postby masho » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:45 am

epic wrote:robrob, isoltopia, ugly dougly, Bay Bridge Sue and the other asshole commenters, fuck you scumbags. This guy was coldcocked/suckerpunched and you think thats OK? Then you're pieces of shit.

This gives new meaning to the term "epic rage flame". Way to invoke radical self indulgence and lead by example.
masho

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:06 am

what grade is this?
punapeter

Postby alt12 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:16 pm

punapeter wrote:what grade is this?

this is eplaya kindergarten. I highly recommend using the "ignore" button for people sharing their inane diatribes and overtly hostile posts..... You'd be surprised, there are handful of folks on here who post thousands of attack posts a year..... Ignore them and you can actually enjoy yourself out here...
alt12

Burning Since: 2003

Postby robrob » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:57 pm

I gave the "violence isn't cool" disclaimer, but if you go around trying to pet strange dogs don't cry when you get bit.

by dude's own telling it sounds like 2 dumbasses acting like dumbasses, one of which got the shit kicked out of him. none of us were there, though I'm sure if we were we wouldn't sit around and watch some poor guy get pummeled, even if it was provoked.

epic wrote:Fuck with someones art? Half of the art is begging to be fucked with and its part of the no spectators radical self expression ethos.

I don't know where you come from, since your troll profile is pretty anonymous, but around these parts the first fucking rule/guideline/advise they give is "ask first"

here, lemme grab a snippet.

Chicago Burners Unite!
There are three simple rules of the Chicago Burning Man community. Learn them and love them and they will serve you, and all of us, well.
ASK FIRST.
PROTECT THE COMMUNITY.
LEAVE NO TRACE.

Ask first. it's really simple. Wanna squirt some water in someone's face, hop on that golf cart, borrow that hammer or diddle that cute stranger's nasty bits? Ask. It's easy. It's clear. It avoids awkwardness (or beatings) with strangers that are potentially trashed and/or "enhanced". It's polite.

It's the first fucking rule for a reason.

I should know by now not to feed trolls, eplaya isn't unique in that regard. But curiosity is getting the best of me. Why do you come here? You pretty much seem to pretty much only post to get people riled up, talk trash, or act a fool of some sort or another. I come here because I like making friends and connecting with people, whether we be like minded or have differences. I'm not really sure what you're getting out of this.
robrob

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: smoregasm

Next

Return to 2010 Theme Camps