Seeking contact with owner of 4 wheeled kinetic bike

Seeking contact with owner of 4 wheeled kinetic bike

Postby flash » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Take a look at photo. Does anyone know maker of this bike? Hoping to lean some from their experiences as I work on a project.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vK ... directlink
flash

Postby flash » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:47 pm

flash

Postby kickstart » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:53 pm

contact the folks that made the Tac-C installation in inner playa. I don't know if this particular vehicle is one of their's, but they had about 5 or 6 on display one night out there.

The Kinetic Cab Company
http://www.burningman.com/installations ... r.html#cab
kickstart

Postby pinkman » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:18 am

Hey Flash
Owner,designer, fabricator is Tom Wilson who is also part of camp coffee grounds, usually located @ 8:30 and J. His web site is thirstybeachlandscaping.com. His site has a wealth of info on the build and concept of all 3 of his B'man creations. By the way, the one in the pic is called Big Dog. You can e-mail Tom with any questions you may have,he's always willing to help. As a side note, camp coffee grounds has the best cowboy coffee on the playa. 218 gal. served this year.
pinkman

Postby unjonharley » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:36 am

pinkman wrote:Hey Flash
Owner,designer, fabricator is Tom Wilson who is also part of camp coffee grounds, usually located @ 8:30 and J. His web site is thirstybeachlandscaping.com. His site has a wealth of info on the build and concept of all 3 of his B'man creations. By the way, the one in the pic is called Big Dog. You can e-mail Tom with any questions you may have,he's always willing to help. As a side note, camp coffee grounds has the best cowboy coffee on the playa. 218 gal. served this year.

Tom has inspired me to want to build a quadricycle of my own..

Only with 20 inch wheels.. Electric or gas assist. Or both.

There is a Rv shade frame in my junk pile.. There may be enough to make the frame..

Also in the junk are electric drives 12v & 24v..

And a 2hp gas edger that runs nice.

Along with some BMX multispoke wheels. Both front and drive..

Do you suppose it would be ok to steal this thread?? We could trade design and building ideas.. Might even get Tom involved
unjonharley

Return to 2010 Art & Performance