Jhooks from Deerbusters - beware you may get ripped off!

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Jhooks from Deerbusters - beware you may get ripped off!

Postby MistressSybs » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:59 am

Be careful with Deerbusters for those J'hooks, they may rip you off!

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Chris Mario <chris>
To: McDohme Home <mcdohmehome>
Sent: Thu, September 16, 2010 12:41:33 PM
Subject: RE: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation
Dear Mistress sybs,

Unfortunately FedEx closed the claim and trace, because they had a signature for delivery and remember delivering it. At this point our hands are tied. If you cannot locate the item where it was delivered, you will have begin proceedings on your end.

Thank you,
Chris Mario
Trident Enterprises
9735A Bethel Rd
Frederick, MD 21702
301-694-6072
888-422-3337
chris@tridentcorp.com

www.mastergardening.com
www.deerbusters.com

From: McDohme Home [mailto:mcdohmehome@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:19 PM
To: Chris Mario
Subject: Re: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation

Chris Mario,

Today is the 7th day from when you filed with FedEX (September 7th), not from when I complained initially which was on August 27th. Thank you so much for delaying even bothering tracking till the 7th. I'm starting to become highly frustrated with the lack of a refund. I want this resolved asap or I will begin proceedings on my end.

Mistress sybs

________________________________________
From: Chris Mario <chris>
To: McDohme Home <mcdohmehome>
Sent: Tue, September 14, 2010 1:27:20 PM
Subject: RE: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation
Mistress sybs,

We are still working with FedEx for a resolution regarding your shipment. We will provide you with an update as soon as one is available. Traces on packages can occassionally take as long as 7 business days. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,
Chris Mario
Trident Enterprises
9735A Bethel Rd
Frederick, MD 21702
301-694-6072
888-422-3337
chris@tridentcorp.com

www.mastergardening.com
www.deerbusters.com

From: McDohme Home [mailto:mcdohmehome@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:57 AM
To: Chris Mario
Subject: Re: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation

Have we reached any resolve on this or shall I start proceedings on my end?

Mistress sybs

________________________________________
From: McDohme Home <mcdohmehome>
To: Chris Mario <chris>
Sent: Fri, September 10, 2010 8:13:04 PM
Subject: Re: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation
Since we were going to burningman, we had it shipped to CruiseAmerica with all of the rest of our gear including 11 gas cans from autozone and a 28x50 piece of aluminet. All 10 of those boxes arrived. I looked up the signature as well when we noticed that the deerhooks weren't there and checked their entire building including their attic. We also asked for every employee's name and NO one had any names any where close to that. I think it was mis-delivered. in any case, WE NEVER GOT YOUR PRODUCT; had to replace it on the fly with something much less acceptable that was much harder to use; we no longer need this since it was a specific purpose. I want my money back!
________________________________________
From: Chris Mario <chris>
To: McDohme Home <mcdohmehome>
Sent: Fri, September 10, 2010 10:36:59 AM
Subject: RE: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation
Dear Mistress sybs,

We filed a claim with FedEx regarding your package on 9/7. I just got off the phone with them requesting an update. The called your driver and they stated he remembers delivering the package to your location.

They have a signature for the package: SPARACIO (stated it may not be spelled correctly).

The driver states it was signed by a white male, which is slightly balding.

Can you please check with other personnel there?

Thank you,
Chris Mario
Trident Enterprises
9735A Bethel Rd
Frederick, MD 21702
301-694-6072
888-422-3337
chris@tridentcorp.com

www.mastergardening.com
www.deerbusters.com

From: McDohme Home [mailto:mcdohmehome@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 5:10 PM
To: customerservice@deerbusters.com
Subject: Re: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation

Never received these! needed them for burningman which was over labor day weekend. we had to buy rebar instead - I want our money back! I called on 08/27 - received a call back from some guy who was going to look into it I think on the following monday and never heard back. Please refund my money as I never received your product.

________________________________________
From: "customerservice@deerbusters.com" <customerservice>
To: mcdohmehome@yahoo.com
Sent: Tue, August 10, 2010 1:07:18 PM
Subject: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation

Dear mistress sybs,

Thank you for ordering from Deerbusters.com !

Here is your order information:

DATE: 10-Aug-2010
ORDER #: 37501
REFERENCE #: 160000

SOLD TO:
========
mistress sybs
address removed

SHIP TO:
===========
hubby - reservation #389672
Cruise America
6070 BOULDER HWY
Las Vegas NV 89122
US United States

==================================================================
Ordered: 2 dee-8032 Deer Control: Deer Fence Ground Stakes 18 in J Hook Rebar 20 Pk $35.00

==================================================================

Product Total: $70.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $9.95
Discount: $0.00
Coupon:$0.00
Surcharge: $0.00
Grand Total: $79.95
BalanceDue: $0.00

You can reach us by calling 1-888-422-3337 or email customerservice@deerbusters.com .
Opinions and Assholes, everybody's got one!

.:: starfuckers incorporated ::.
User avatar
MistressSybs
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm
Location: Texas

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:24 am

Not to play devils advocate, but it doesn't sound like they intentionally ripped you off. All they know is that they sent a package, it was signed for, and delivered. I'm personally betting that something happened to it at the RV place. In any case, the beef is more with FedEx and the RV place than these guys who are caught in the middle. As a business owner that has to deal with UPS mess-ups all the time, I can relate.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5809
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Orlando, FL/Kailua, HI
Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby gyre » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:59 am

The claimant is the shipper.

I'll take note not to order from them.
User avatar
gyre
 
Posts: 15346
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ

Postby AntiM » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:56 am

Moderator note: while normally phone numbers, etc, are not allowed, as these are business numbers of a public nature they can stand as posted.
These are not my fuckos.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 16400
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Top O' the World, Ma!
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:13 am

And please, having posted it once, do not continue to post it again and again.

It's called "spamming" and it annoys many and is a waste of the energy it takes to maintain the second, third, fourth and so on copies.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37467
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Jhooks from Deerbusters - beware you may get ripped off!

Postby Bob » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:45 am

MistressSybs wrote:Be careful with Deerbusters for those J'hooks, they may rip you off!

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Chris Mario <chris>
To: McDohme Home <mcdohmehome>
Sent: Thu, September 16, 2010 12:41:33 PM
Subject: RE: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation
Dear Mistress sybs,

Unfortunately FedEx closed the claim and trace, because they had a signature for delivery and remember delivering it. At this point our hands are tied. If you cannot locate the item where it was delivered, you will have begin proceedings on your end.

Thank you,
Chris Mario
Trident Enterprises
9735A Bethel Rd
Frederick, MD 21702
301-694-6072
888-422-3337
chris@tridentcorp.com

www.mastergardening.com
www.deerbusters.com

From: McDohme Home [mailto:mcdohmehome@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:19 PM
To: Chris Mario
Subject: Re: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation

Chris Mario,

Today is the 7th day from when you filed with FedEX (September 7th), not from when I complained initially which was on August 27th. Thank you so much for delaying even bothering tracking till the 7th. I'm starting to become highly frustrated with the lack of a refund. I want this resolved asap or I will begin proceedings on my end.

Mistress sybs

________________________________________
From: Chris Mario <chris>
To: McDohme Home <mcdohmehome>
Sent: Tue, September 14, 2010 1:27:20 PM
Subject: RE: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation
Mistress sybs,

We are still working with FedEx for a resolution regarding your shipment. We will provide you with an update as soon as one is available. Traces on packages can occassionally take as long as 7 business days. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,
Chris Mario
Trident Enterprises
9735A Bethel Rd
Frederick, MD 21702
301-694-6072
888-422-3337
chris@tridentcorp.com

www.mastergardening.com
www.deerbusters.com

From: McDohme Home [mailto:mcdohmehome@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:57 AM
To: Chris Mario
Subject: Re: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation

Have we reached any resolve on this or shall I start proceedings on my end?

Mistress sybs

________________________________________
From: McDohme Home <mcdohmehome>
To: Chris Mario <chris>
Sent: Fri, September 10, 2010 8:13:04 PM
Subject: Re: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation
Since we were going to burningman, we had it shipped to CruiseAmerica with all of the rest of our gear including 11 gas cans from autozone and a 28x50 piece of aluminet. All 10 of those boxes arrived. I looked up the signature as well when we noticed that the deerhooks weren't there and checked their entire building including their attic. We also asked for every employee's name and NO one had any names any where close to that. I think it was mis-delivered. in any case, WE NEVER GOT YOUR PRODUCT; had to replace it on the fly with something much less acceptable that was much harder to use; we no longer need this since it was a specific purpose. I want my money back!
________________________________________
From: Chris Mario <chris>
To: McDohme Home <mcdohmehome>
Sent: Fri, September 10, 2010 10:36:59 AM
Subject: RE: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation
Dear Mistress sybs,

We filed a claim with FedEx regarding your package on 9/7. I just got off the phone with them requesting an update. The called your driver and they stated he remembers delivering the package to your location.

They have a signature for the package: SPARACIO (stated it may not be spelled correctly).

The driver states it was signed by a white male, which is slightly balding.

Can you please check with other personnel there?

Thank you,
Chris Mario
Trident Enterprises
9735A Bethel Rd
Frederick, MD 21702
301-694-6072
888-422-3337
chris@tridentcorp.com

www.mastergardening.com
www.deerbusters.com

From: McDohme Home [mailto:mcdohmehome@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 5:10 PM
To: customerservice@deerbusters.com
Subject: Re: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation

Never received these! needed them for burningman which was over labor day weekend. we had to buy rebar instead - I want our money back! I called on 08/27 - received a call back from some guy who was going to look into it I think on the following monday and never heard back. Please refund my money as I never received your product.

________________________________________
From: "customerservice@deerbusters.com" <customerservice>
To: mcdohmehome@yahoo.com
Sent: Tue, August 10, 2010 1:07:18 PM
Subject: Deerbusters.com Order Confirmation

Dear mistress sybs,

Thank you for ordering from Deerbusters.com !

Here is your order information:

DATE: 10-Aug-2010
ORDER #: 37501
REFERENCE #: 160000

SOLD TO:
========
mistress sybs
address removed

SHIP TO:
===========
hubby - reservation #389672
Cruise America
6070 BOULDER HWY
Las Vegas NV 89122
US United States

==================================================================
Ordered: 2 dee-8032 Deer Control: Deer Fence Ground Stakes 18 in J Hook Rebar 20 Pk $35.00

==================================================================

Product Total: $70.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $9.95
Discount: $0.00
Coupon:$0.00
Surcharge: $0.00
Grand Total: $79.95
BalanceDue: $0.00

You can reach us by calling 1-888-422-3337 or email customerservice@deerbusters.com .


Jhooks?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
User avatar
Bob
 
Posts: 6762
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:00 am
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:04 am

It's the University of Kansas mascot. Duh.
User avatar
Dr. Pyro
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Location: Newcastle, CA
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby MistressSybs » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:48 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:And please, having posted it once, do not continue to post it again and again.

It's called "spamming" and it annoys many and is a waste of the energy it takes to maintain the second, third, fourth and so on copies.


sorry I posted it to the three threads it seemed pertinent to.
Opinions and Assholes, everybody's got one!

.:: starfuckers incorporated ::.
User avatar
MistressSybs
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm
Location: Texas

Postby AntiM » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:55 pm

MistressSybs wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:And please, having posted it once, do not continue to post it again and again.

It's called "spamming" and it annoys many and is a waste of the energy it takes to maintain the second, third, fourth and so on copies.


sorry I posted it to the three threads it seemed pertinent to.


Moderator note:

Pertinent or not, it is still crossposting. I took down the others, but you can post there and link to this thread. This is a small board, no need to repost.
These are not my fuckos.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 16400
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Top O' the World, Ma!
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby MistressSybs » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:56 pm

gyre wrote:The claimant is the shipper.

I'll take note not to order from them.


Yep, this is the case... I even have PROOF that I needed to buy rebar / tennis balls instead but does this yoo-hoo care??? Nope. He will once I spend my time ruining his company's name. Here and at every deer hunting/stocking/whatever board I can find.
Opinions and Assholes, everybody's got one!

.:: starfuckers incorporated ::.
User avatar
MistressSybs
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm
Location: Texas

Postby jkisha » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:58 pm

This is a FedEX problem. I've had this happen a few times with FedEX. Don't blame the merchant. If you know they are shipping FedEX make sure you specify delivery with signature only and insurance, otherwise you are SOL.

JK
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Rilopie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:00 pm

Wow, that suck.
At my work I handle A LOT of the ordering that goes on here, and it isn't totally uncommon for packages to be signed off by the wrong person. I'm not sure why you are blaming the company you ordered from, it sounds more like something that cruise america or fed ex should be getting the flack.
Usually if you call and are nice enough they will send them to you again.
User avatar
Rilopie
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Postby MistressSybs » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 pm

jkisha wrote:This is a FedEX problem. I've had this happen a few times with FedEX. Don't blame the merchant. If you know they are shipping FedEX make sure you specify delivery with signature only and insurance, otherwise you are SOL.

JK


Rilopie wrote:Wow, that suck.
At my work I handle A LOT of the ordering that goes on here, and it isn't totally uncommon for packages to be signed off by the wrong person. I'm not sure why you are blaming the company you ordered from, it sounds more like something that cruise america or fed ex should be getting the flack.
Usually if you call and are nice enough they will send them to you again.


So that's how you treat your customers??? sorry you got screwed by Fed Ex? And I did call - he waited until 9/7 to even open up the investigation - never offered to reship.

So again why should I pay the price? He's not fighting hard enough and that's the shipper HE chose so YES I am holding the merchant responsible. Sorry that's the way the cookie crumbles - he got my money I GOT NOTHING! Where does that seem fair?

We also ship all over the country with UPS and this wouldn't be acceptable. We would reship and demand that they cover the cost - after all it is insured.
Opinions and Assholes, everybody's got one!

.:: starfuckers incorporated ::.
User avatar
MistressSybs
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm
Location: Texas

Postby Rilopie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:50 pm

I think you misunderstood me. If you are nice enough to merchants (in my experience) they will send your order again for free. Have you tried to talk to fedex at all?
User avatar
Rilopie
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Postby MistressSybs » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Rilopie wrote:I think you misunderstood me. If you are nice enough to merchants (in my experience) they will send your order again for free. Have you tried to talk to fedex at all?


I was when I initially called in AUGUST... he didn't care then.

They won't talk to me since I'm not the account holder.
Opinions and Assholes, everybody's got one!

.:: starfuckers incorporated ::.
User avatar
MistressSybs
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm
Location: Texas

Postby jkisha » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:37 pm

MistressSybs wrote:
jkisha wrote:This is a FedEX problem. I've had this happen a few times with FedEX. Don't blame the merchant. If you know they are shipping FedEX make sure you specify delivery with signature only and insurance, otherwise you are SOL.

JK


Rilopie wrote:Wow, that suck.
At my work I handle A LOT of the ordering that goes on here, and it isn't totally uncommon for packages to be signed off by the wrong person. I'm not sure why you are blaming the company you ordered from, it sounds more like something that cruise america or fed ex should be getting the flack.
Usually if you call and are nice enough they will send them to you again.


So that's how you treat your customers??? sorry you got screwed by Fed Ex? And I did call - he waited until 9/7 to even open up the investigation - never offered to reship.

So again why should I pay the price? He's not fighting hard enough and that's the shipper HE chose so YES I am holding the merchant responsible. Sorry that's the way the cookie crumbles - he got my money I GOT NOTHING! Where does that seem fair?

We also ship all over the country with UPS and this wouldn't be acceptable. We would reship and demand that they cover the cost - after all it is insured.


Not how I would treat my customers, but I'm not FedEX, nor am I Deerbusters. I'm just telling you the reality. Life sucks, sorry. Time to move on. Lesson learned.

You might try disputing the charge with your credit card company (assuming you didn't use Paypal, I know for certain they will side with the merchant). But again, legally you have no recourse with the Vendor and you will get nowhere with FedEX--as far as they are concerned, it was delivered and they are confirming this with the vendor. Really, time to move on.

JK
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby MistressSybs » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:48 pm

jkisha wrote:
MistressSybs wrote:
jkisha wrote:This is a FedEX problem. I've had this happen a few times with FedEX. Don't blame the merchant. If you know they are shipping FedEX make sure you specify delivery with signature only and insurance, otherwise you are SOL.

JK


Rilopie wrote:Wow, that suck.
At my work I handle A LOT of the ordering that goes on here, and it isn't totally uncommon for packages to be signed off by the wrong person. I'm not sure why you are blaming the company you ordered from, it sounds more like something that cruise america or fed ex should be getting the flack.
Usually if you call and are nice enough they will send them to you again.


So that's how you treat your customers??? sorry you got screwed by Fed Ex? And I did call - he waited until 9/7 to even open up the investigation - never offered to reship.

So again why should I pay the price? He's not fighting hard enough and that's the shipper HE chose so YES I am holding the merchant responsible. Sorry that's the way the cookie crumbles - he got my money I GOT NOTHING! Where does that seem fair?

We also ship all over the country with UPS and this wouldn't be acceptable. We would reship and demand that they cover the cost - after all it is insured.


Not how I would treat my customers, but I'm not FedEX, nor am I Deerbusters. I'm just telling you the reality. Life sucks, sorry. Time to move on. Lesson learned.

You might try disputing the charge with your credit card company (assuming you didn't use Paypal, I know for certain they will side with the merchant). But again, legally you have no recourse with the Vendor and you will get nowhere with FedEX--as far as they are concerned, it was delivered and they are confirming this with the vendor. Really, time to move on.

JK


That's all nice to say when it's not your cash out isn't it? I paid for that shipping PLUS the product PLUS the replacement. Who are you to tell me to move on? I posted a notification of my difficulties only to have people argue, pick and suggest that I don't do anything? Really? Pffft! You don't know me very well! And if you don't like me sharing my experience which is well within my rights on any public board, why don't YOU move on... you surely don't need to read it. It's there for people who are looking for real experiences... just like the threads about RVs or other rentals or purchases and companies that did well or bad by burners.

Thank you for your comments whatever they may be... it was a simple warning that I've now had to defend because of those wonderful comments so THANK YOU! YEA Community!
Opinions and Assholes, everybody's got one!

.:: starfuckers incorporated ::.
User avatar
MistressSybs
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm
Location: Texas

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Rilopie wrote:I think you misunderstood me. If you are nice enough to merchants (in my experience) they will send your order again for free. Have you tried to talk to fedex at all?


Right? Getting pissy and bringing the attitude that you brought straight out of the start as evidenced by your email chain and then blatantly displayed here will get you nothing. Try toning it down a notch and coming at companies with a calm, cool, let's work together attitude instead of some crazy lunatic. Friends make friends, respect gets respect.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5809
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Orlando, FL/Kailua, HI
Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby MistressSybs » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:14 pm

junglesmacks wrote:
Rilopie wrote:I think you misunderstood me. If you are nice enough to merchants (in my experience) they will send your order again for free. Have you tried to talk to fedex at all?


Right? Getting pissy and bringing the attitude that you brought straight out of the start as evidenced by your email chain and then blatantly displayed here will get you nothing. Try toning it down a notch and coming at companies with a calm, cool, let's work together attitude instead of some crazy lunatic. Friends make friends, respect gets respect.


How do you know how my tone was? You weren't on the phone were you?

I'm done with this... I gave a warning to the community about this company. Whatever you want to do with that, help yourself.
Opinions and Assholes, everybody's got one!

.:: starfuckers incorporated ::.
User avatar
MistressSybs
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm
Location: Texas

Postby Just_Joe » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Sorry this happened to you......but...
If I bought a BM ticket from you and the same thing happened, would you send me a refund/replacement?
User avatar
Just_Joe
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:04 pm
Location: Nevada
Burning Since: 2017

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:10 pm

MistressSybs wrote:How do you know how my tone was? You weren't on the phone were you?



I'm witnessing it now :lol:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5809
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Orlando, FL/Kailua, HI
Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby jkisha » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:43 pm

junglesmacks wrote:
MistressSybs wrote:How do you know how my tone was? You weren't on the phone were you?



I'm witnessing it now :lol:


:)

JK
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby MistressSybs » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:44 pm

what you're witnessing now is frustration at being second guessed and poked at - I paid for something i didn't get... I posted about it and it got picked apart... my communications with him weren't as heated as this, re-read... I did. Things have grown heated because of the common board tendency to rip apart anything anyone says... so whatever...help yourself. LOL
Opinions and Assholes, everybody's got one!

.:: starfuckers incorporated ::.
User avatar
MistressSybs
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm
Location: Texas

Postby jkisha » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:19 pm

MistressSybs wrote:what you're witnessing now is frustration at being second guessed and poked at - I paid for something i didn't get... I posted about it and it got picked apart... my communications with him weren't as heated as this, re-read... I did. Things have grown heated because of the common board tendency to rip apart anything anyone says... so whatever...help yourself. LOL


If you are using the forum to vent, then vent; and more power to you.

If you posted for advice, I gave you GREAT advice, BASED ON SEVERAL experiences I have had with this issue and have already gone through all of the aggravation. I was simply trying to spare you additional grief and wasted time.

They say that a smart person learns from their mistakes, but a wise person learns from the mistakes (or in this case, the experiences) of others.

JK
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Kinetik V » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:15 pm

The way I see it....
Someone had a bad online ordering experience.
They did the right thing in sharing it.

Along the way they got some great advice on what went wrong and how such a situation can be prevented in the future. So with all this in mind....

This horse is DEAD! Can we please move on?
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
User avatar
Kinetik V
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:43 am
Location: Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby mudpuppy000 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:54 pm

I bought some from them and didn't have any issues. They worked great on the playa too. It sounds like the people you shipped it to screwed up, not them.
User avatar
mudpuppy000
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:54 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Postby Isotopia » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:09 pm

This thread amuses me for no specific reason other than it conjures up the words 'perspective' and 'relative.'

Keep in mind that today ~30,000 children under the age of six died in this world today.

Where's your outrage now?
User avatar
Isotopia
 
Posts: 2813
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:26 am

Postby gyre » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:39 pm

Did fegex leave them on the wrong doorstep too?
User avatar
gyre
 
Posts: 15346
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ

Postby mdmf007 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:08 am

MiistressSybs-

for some reason this rant intrigues me as well. You ordered a product, fedex delivered it to a third party for you and now your mad the third party walked off with it? You now want the original vendor to ship you a replacement for free? The logic does not follow there IMHO.

did you make arrangements with Cruise America to have all this crap shipped there? did they accept the responsibility? or was it a courtesy they LET you ship all of your needs there?

how I see it:

1. The vendor met his burden, shipped the product and then tracked it for you - but you do not like his answer.
2. Cruise America says - "cant help you dont know where it is" You dont like their answer as well.
3. FedEx met their burden, delivered the product where you asked them too. Too a business with the public walking in and out, and a few employees I am betting. Anyone of which could have walked with your package.

For 80 bucks this seems like a lot of drama.
User avatar
mdmf007
Moderator
 
Posts: 4773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: my computer
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby gyre » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:29 am

I have routinely had packages delivered to other addresses or left without signature.
Usually ups at least has details of what they did wrong.
I had them recover a package in two hours and deliver it.

Had a large package shipped usps, shipper's choice.
Got on the truck here, never left.
I bought insurance and I think the shipper didn't, though usps never pays claims anyway so the shipper ate the package.
The shipper was apologetic, but no action, until the paypal ebay process worked its way through.

Unless the arrangement is FOB, the shipper is responsible until I get the package, not whenever fedex loses it.

There is the question of loss at the delivered address, but that is a criminal investigation on fedex's part, if the signature belongs to no employee.
Shipper or fedex is still responsible, as they can't show it was delivered.

And yes, the burning man ticket that vanishes is the shipper's responsibility, unless otherwise arranged.
I tell buyers I won't be responsible for an uninsured ticket or even one shipped usps at all.
I paid for the insurance on the last ticket I shipped to someone.

Most people want overnight on tickets and fedex has been great for that.
Since I'm at the hub, I can drop a ticket in a box at 7 pm and have it in San Diego in the morning.
User avatar
gyre
 
Posts: 15346
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ

Next

Return to Shelter & Camping

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests