Moopers!!! They Left Tons of Water, Bags of Trash, and Bikes

Moopers!!! They Left Tons of Water, Bags of Trash, and Bikes

Postby Grasshoppa » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Does anybody know the camp just off 4:00 and Edinburgh that left all their water; several bags of trash; bins full of half-eaten food and old canned food; *plus a bunch of their bikes, across from Hushville? They had a two-story scaffold-looking thing with a large brown tarp covering it and a sign that read "It's Not Over Yet" (which incidentally they also left behind by the water jugs with a sign saying "FREE"). They were located about three or four camps off the 4:00 and E corner, maybe about 3:50 and E, directly across from our camp in Hushville (Grasshoppa, Helix and Zola). They are *not* part of Hushville or the Chicocobra camp on the corner. We were all disgusted and both our camps took pictures of this abandoned trash. They were all kids in their twenties, it seems. I took several pix of the water, thinking that was all they had left. Later when we talked to the Chicocobras, they told us that the offending camp had also left all their trash, food, *and* their bikes--there were like 7 or 8 bikes just abandoned by the road. Totally disgusting. If I find out how to post my pix here, I'll post them for you. [img]file:///C:/Users/Joe/Desktop/Burning%20Man%202010%20588.JPG[/img]

edited to try to make the link work
Grasshoppa

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Artemis » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:33 pm

In order to point to photos, they need to have already been posted to the web. Click the button that says "Img" above the place where you are typing. Paste the website address and then click the "Img" button again. Click "preview" under the box where you are typing to see what it looks like. Make sure that none of the boxes are checked underneath the box that you're typing.
Artemis

Postby Bob » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Might make sure you have BBCode & HTML enabled in your profile.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Artemis » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:08 pm

lots of mistaken double posts as connection went funky
Artemis

Re: Moopers!!! They Left Tons of Water, Bags of Trash, and B

Postby Zhust » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Grasshoppa wrote:Does anybody know the camp just off 4:00 and Edinburgh that left all their water; several bags of trash; bins full of half-eaten food and old canned food; *plus a bunch of their bikes, across from Hushville?

Oh yeah, that's who it was. I was at 3:45 or so: "Camp CampCampCamp" and/or/ the Green Y and/or the Buick Roadmaster. I left on Wednesday morning.

Next to me toward 4 was a couple birgins who seemed to do pretty well -- biggest disaster was losing their car keys which ended up being on top of the car. They MOOPed like newbies, but not very bad ... a few scraps.

Next to them was the peeps who set up Black Rock Bijou. Their stuff sat outside for quite a while into Monday, but they did bring their RV back and pick it all up.

Next to them was MOOPmaster camp "It's not over yet" as you described. I kept poking at their pile. I took a gallon of water (someone else snagged the rest). I also got a body-bag trash bag from the Bijou folks and took away one whole bag of trash from those wankers and brought it to the TrashMan outside Gerlach for $10. I didn't have space or interest in trying to figure out how to take more of that food-laden disgusting trash. I felt sad leaving it, but I did take a little.

I had figured it was the stoner kids with the brown car port. But I guess they cleaned up okay after all. Totally forgot about the double-decker structure.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,
---Zhust, Curiosityist
Zhust

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Camp CampCampCamp

Return to 2010 Art & Performance