The Vault of Heaven means......

What does it mean to you?

The Vault of Heaven means......

Postby chuckwalla » Sun May 23, 2004 4:37 pm

I dont know. Does Heaven have a vault? If so what would be in it?

God's most prized items?

And what would those be? Love, compassion, sacrifice?

But are those really tangible items that could be put in a vault?

Maybe inside would be.... :shock:

The Ark of the Covnent

The tablets containing the 10 commandments

those are tangible items

But perhaps I'm thinking too literal here,
C'mon people, throw me a bone here
Help me out, what does it mean to you? [/b]
chuckwalla burns
chuckwalla

Postby BAS » Sun May 23, 2004 5:43 pm

Well, the image it conjours (sp?) up for me is wide open skies..., of course, from what I hear there already is quite a lot of that in the Nevada desert...! :wink:

Sort of seems to be an astonomy theme going, based on the drawings at the web site.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

vault of heaven

Postby dancemaker » Tue May 25, 2004 4:17 pm

I think that the things inside the vault would not only be those things that are precious but also things that are rare or perhaps even things that need to be hidden away safely. When you think of it that way it opens up a whole new can of worms!!!
Dancing across the Universe
dancemaker

Postby Dork » Tue May 25, 2004 4:22 pm

It's all about Space Pirates and anal probing aliens. Larry said so himself last Sunday.
Dork

Postby cowboyangel » Tue May 25, 2004 7:24 pm

here's cowboyangel's 3 cents:

everything is logins and passwords these days...I have an exponential number of logins and passwords...and they're all screwy.....
The vault being a vault means that you either need logins and passwords or the "right" combination. Wisdom and the key 2 higher states is all around even under the toilet bowl. All it takes is the right answer. BM, as a wide open inner and outer space, is a prime resource for key gathering, (I don't mean someone else's car keys). Patanjali's Yoga Sutras http://www.brightpathvideo.com/YogaSutras.htm contains an answer, actually, many answers, and also justifies the use of psychedelics in achieving mystical, enlightening states..... see below:

so go vault to heaven...you may find the answer at the playa
(from:Patanjali's Yoga Sutras 700B.C. yo)
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby Sandwichman » Tue May 25, 2004 7:56 pm

The vault of heaven makes me think of a safe guarded by heavily armed angels. Inside this safe lies pictures; a few of god waking up next to some blonde angel, a few videos of gods unofficial miracles such as him casting his wife as a mute so she could never ask him to take out the trash again. I think lots of ideas that coincide with several farside cartoons. I have al of these ideas but I am having a hard time sharing these visions on a budget.

Jason
oonsa oonsa for your feets click here
Sandwichman

Postby poosie_kat » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:27 am

God's most prized items?

And what would those be? Love, compassion, sacrifice?

Well, if you're going to think in sort of literal ways, are we not vault of those prized items? Do we not love, show compassion and make sacrifices? Sure, some of us misconstrue what God wants, what God is and the like, but I'm not going to do into the massively different idealologies here, but we could be the vaults of heaven. But lets not forget "space", the "heavens" that so many have looked out into and asked so many questions and wishes from. What truthes/secrets might it hold that we have yet to unravel?

Personally I think that there are too many ways of looking at this theme for everyone to put down what it means to them. In fact, I don't think that what I wrote above is really very close to how I'm going about it, but it does hold some of my ideas. Anyways, good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.

Ape-Rule
poosie_kat

Re: The Vault of Heaven means......

Postby RingO'Fire » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:31 pm

chuckwalla wrote:Help me out, what does it mean to you?

Here's one thing that comes to my mind:

Revelation 4: The Throne in Heaven

After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. And the One who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne. Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits [or the sevenfold Spirit] of God. Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:

"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."
...but it seemed like such a good idea at the time...
RingO'Fire

Postby cowboyangel » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:55 am

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby DeadlyKungFu » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:20 pm

I don't think it's deity related at all. Vault - a high ceiling, in this case a euphamism for the sky, which I'm sure they thought was only a few thousand (hundred?) feet up there, stars are holes in the vault etc...

I think of the smashing pumpkins video 'tonight tonight' which was done as a tribute to the ORIGNAL trick move photographer George Melies. The man in the moon made of green cheese, spaceships launched from backyards, stars as chariots, overbuilt space props flying across a stage where the strings are almost invisible...

The 'Ether' goes right along with what I think this year's theme is:
Ether - noun
1) The regions of space beyond the earth's atmosphere; the heavens.
2) The element believed in ancient and medieval civilizations to fill all space above the sphere of the moon and to compose the stars and planets.
3) Physics - An all-pervading, infinitely elastic, massless medium formerly postulated as the medium of propagation of electromagnetic waves.
DeadlyKungFu

Postby AntiM » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:19 pm

The Vault of Heaven is located inside the Cloud Bank.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby samtzu » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:12 pm

To me... This is a Heavenly Vault... at least a 9.5...

http://www.tgpnow.org/celebs/celebflix0 ... ault_2.mpg
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer
samtzu

Postby Lorgasm » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:58 pm

I love Judy Chicago's work. My sister took me to one of her shows. It was all about the Holocaust. Since then I had to see more of her work; she is amazing. Thanks for submitting that.
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Postby cowboyangel » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:16 pm

thank you...I like her vaginal stuff........
cowboyangel

Postby Simply Joel » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:07 pm

cowboyangel wrote:thank you...I like her vaginal stuff........

what is not to like about a vagina?

as long as you don't have to actually maintain one...
Democrats... snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, daily!

slap my salmon, baby
Simply Joel

Vault

Postby Zona » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:38 pm

Laika and me went on a ride.
Zona

Other avenues

Postby nodule » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:24 am

Vault:

(noun)

An arched structure, as a cieling or roof

Any vault-like covering, as the sky

An underground room or compartment for storing valuables, wine, etc.

A burial chamber

(verb)

To leap over, especially with the aid of a pole or with the hands resting on something

To lead, spring, gambol
nodule

Postby BAS » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:06 pm

So..., "To Leap Over Heaven"? :?

Anyway, I still say, the theme for 2005 should be "A Winter Wonderland"!
:D
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Postby rev. lucifer » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:22 pm

The expans :) ion of the mind, is my take on it.
"I only became the Pope because of the hat!?"
rev. lucifer

Postby nipples » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:33 am

Hi Rick!
nipples

Postby foamin' at the mouth » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:55 am

July 1, 2004

After becoming the first spacecraft to enter Saturn's orbit, Cassini sent back this image of a portion of the planet's rings. It was taken by the spacecraft's narrow angle camera and shows the dark, or unlit, side of the rings.
I often heard the sorrel nag (who always loved me) crying out, ..."Take care of thyself, gentle Yahoo."
foamin' at the mouth

Location: that fishing village designed by interior decorators

Postby cowboyangel » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:29 pm

foamin' at the mouth wrote:Image

July 1, 2004

After becoming the first spacecraft to enter Saturn's orbit, Cassini sent back this image of a portion of the planet's rings. It was taken by the spacecraft's narrow angle camera and shows the dark, or unlit, side of the rings.

and this brought to you by 19 pounds of plutonium
cowboyangel

Postby rev. lucifer » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:59 pm

He's going to make a bomb and blow up the man. Oh my gosh someone stop him, Please someone please. :o
"I only became the Pope because of the hat!?"
rev. lucifer

Postby Badger » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:49 am

And your point?
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby RingO'Fire » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:03 pm

Badger wrote:

And your point?

Pretty good use for it, IMO.
...but it seemed like such a good idea at the time...
RingO'Fire

Postby BAS » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:05 pm

Seems like as good a place as any for the plutonium....
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Postby Badger » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:12 pm

Pretty good use for it, IMO.

I sure think so. But I'm quite biased.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby SealBoy » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:04 am

As I understand it, "vault of heaven" is a term for the celestial sphere, or the apparent spherical shell on which ancient astronomers thought the stars were embedded like jewels. In this case, "heaven" doesn't necessarily mean the place you (er, well... some people) go when you die -- it refers to the heavens, or the night sky. So the Vault of Heaven theme I think is an invitation to contemplate the cosmos, and the endless possibilities we might imagine in the vastness of the universe.

I like the term "vault of heaven" because it makes me think of an actual place you can visit... an unimaginably large place, full of wonderful undiscovered things. Missions like Cassini give us a chance to visit the vault of heaven and discover the wonders of realms beyond Earth.

Anyway, the "Vault of Heaven" theme opens up so many possibilities, I think it's gonna be a great year for art. All the ideas on this thread are great, and I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with.

How about that naked chick from the video vaulting into my camp, for starters...

SealBoy out.
Arp arp arp!
SealBoy

Postby Badger » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:36 am

As I understand it, "vault of heaven" is a term for the celestial sphere, or the apparent spherical shell on which ancient astronomers thought the stars were embedded like jewels. In this case, "heaven" doesn't necessarily mean the place you (er, well... some people) go when you die -- it refers to the heavens, or the night sky. So the Vault of Heaven theme I think is an invitation to contemplate the cosmos, and the endless possibilities we might imagine in the vastness of the universe.

Give that seal a fish - or a stripper.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby SealBoy » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:29 am

Badger wrote:Give that seal a fish - or a stripper.

The fish are slim pickins on old Lahontan these days, so a seal's gotta settle sometimes. Strippers work in a pinch... I mean, I've got a good two weeks of blubber to work with, so who needs fish anyway? Ahem.

SealBoy out.
Arp arp arp!
SealBoy

Next

Return to 2004 Theme: the Vault of Heaven