Metalhead Burners Unite!

Metalhead Burners Unite!

Postby malkuth » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:29 pm

We're looking to create a camp for those of us whose tastes go beyond the untz untz and who can see the metal side of the burn! The basic theme ideas we have include:

Norwegian Black metal - Lots of Satanic imagery. Make your own popsicle stick church and burn it on the spot! Kvlt as fvck. Flames, pentagrams, runes, fountains of blood, etc. Think Dethklok style architecture on drugs

Metal theme bar with different theme nights: Thrash night (working man's special) , Stoner/sludge night (whiskey bar!), black (wine) and death (everclear?) and crust (malt liquor + 4loko = sidewalk slammers), and power/viking (mead) and folk (mead) and industrial (cosmos? haha) and...?

These are just a few ideas, we currently have no funds for such an endeavor, but I figured we might as well throw 'em out there and see if anyone thinks this is a good idea...
malkuth

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:55 pm

All Finntroll all the time and you might interest me.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby malkuth » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:44 pm

that, and some Windir
malkuth

Postby Miles » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:05 pm

DO IT
Miles

Postby Schtev » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:20 pm

I remember one techno fan commenting to me how he doesn't like you metalheads because you're all angry and stuff (there were metalheads screaming lyrics down by the porta-potties at 5:30 and Cairo =p ). Personally I don't see why untz untz and RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! can't peacefully coexist. =p
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."
Schtev

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Fuckowee

Postby bluemoon541 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:49 pm

im am totally down for anything metal!!... |,,|...
i was gettin some ...not so happy looks from people as they walked by my camp and i was playing the new whitechapel...lol
www.doctorsteel.com
www.toysoldiersunite.com

JOIN! UNITE! ..AND FEEL EMPOWERED!!
Transform this World into a Utopian Playland!!
bluemoon541

Postby shroom » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:26 am

Play some Metallica, Tool, Mudvayne, Korn......I'll be right over.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; Isaiah 43:2
shroom

Postby shroom » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 am

steve.t.sullivan wrote:I remember one techno fan commenting to me how he doesn't like you metalheads because you're all angry and stuff (there were metalheads screaming lyrics down by the porta-potties at 5:30 and Cairo =p ). Personally I don't see why untz untz and RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! can't peacefully coexist. =p

Oh, it can.....listen to Combichrist....very techno metal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHl5EO77Rn4[/youtube]
shroom

Postby Janric » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:35 pm

[quote="theCryptofishist"]All Finntroll all the time and you might interest me.[/quote]

I'm with Crypto on this.
Janric

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Janric wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:All Finntroll all the time and you might interest me.

I'm with Crypto on this.

Yeah! *does the happy fish dance*
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby C.f.M. » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:19 am

...maybe one night next year there will be a FUCK YR WHOOMPWHOOMP night at Booby Bar, and there will be no electronica, classic rock, or anything but rock and/or roll...maybe.
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby TehVladster(MR) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Many people in our camp came to the same conclusion. I'm looking into buying a van/truck, adding a second level, putting a stripper pole and strobe lights on the first level in the back, hopefully getting it approved as a mutant vehicle and then driving around on the playa blasting death metal and providing opportunities for pole dancing. Because the other thing we didn't get enough of was pole dancing.
TehVladster(MR)

Postby Colonel Monk » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Yeah I'd be into some stoner rock fer sure. I mostly enjoy anything out on the playa but I'm a fan of stoner rock and live music in general.

One of my faves is Graveyard, also drunk horse, night horse, red fang, earthless, etc...
dust.
Colonel Monk

Postby The Chinese » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Transmorphagon would be down to host some Fucking METAL!!!!! \m/
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby psychoalpha » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Fuck I would SO get involved with that.

Especially if you cater a bit to my not-so-hidden love of EBM/industrial. But I'll also get down to some Finntroll and Korpiklaani. And some drone? Maybe? Sunn O)))?
psychoalpha

Camp Name: Anita Cocktail

Postby John Noggin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:40 pm

It was my first year at Burning Man and I was expecting more/some metal. One the corner of 9:30 and Athens there was a punk/thrash rock trio that basically just insulted everyone that walked by and made me laugh every time I stumbled by on my way to the poop boxes. Deathguild also kicked out the jams.

If you build it they will come!
Born to kill, Live to die. -U.S.S. Vigilante

I'll tolerate your hobbies if you'll tolerate mine. -Guns and Dope Party
John Noggin

Postby C.f.M. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:23 am

Colonel Monk wrote:Yeah I'd be into some stoner rock fer sure. I mostly enjoy anything out on the playa but I'm a fan of stoner rock and live music in general.

One of my faves is Graveyard, also drunk horse, night horse, red fang, earthless, etc...

I'll be playing Nebula, Karma to Burn, Clutch, Throttlerod, Gods of Mars...Neurosis, Lamb of God, Mastadon, Electric Wizard, Clearlight, Isis, Keelhaul, Meatjack...
C.f.M.

Postby weirdscience » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:02 am

play sum metallica , lamb of god , ffdp, chamaira . rob zombie , 3 inches of blood, slayer that kinda shit and ill join you in a heart beat
weirdscience

Postby Goggalor » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Kyuss!!!! Don't forget Sleep, Electric Wizard, Boris, and The Melvins. But seriously, Kyuss.
"Look on my works ye mighty and despair"
Goggalor

Postby C187 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:44 am

shroom wrote:Oh, it can.....listen to Combichrist....very techno metal.

Combichrist is IDM (Industrial Dance Music) or Electro-Industrial. Not metal at all.

On another note, a metal camp could be fun.
I have a little bit of Savannah with me. Shhh...
C187

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Stag Camp 8.0

Postby OogaBooga » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:50 am

I would participate for sure!

What about possibly having a jam setup and open stage for musicians???

It would be sweet to have a mutant death machine rolling around blasting madness across the playa :twisted:
...still picking playa boogerz out of my nose.
OogaBooga

Postby K-mom » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:36 pm

OogaBooga wrote:? It would be sweet to have a mutant death machine rolling around blasting madness across the playa :twisted:

Yeah, make it stealth style. Pull up blasting stereotypical techno music and have your whole crew wearing bright pink/orange/etc fuzzy coats and hats ... then load the party people in, lock the door, pull away ... off come the jackets to reveal black leather getups, start blasting some Opeth or something, twisted video imagery of medical procedures and aborted fetuses ... fuck yeah

the only way out could be a little tube they have to crawl through at the back that dumps them out onto the playa, so your death machine is literally consuming and shitting ravers
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.
K-mom

Postby shroom » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:40 pm

C187 wrote:
shroom wrote:Oh, it can.....listen to Combichrist....very techno metal.

Combichrist is IDM (Industrial Dance Music) or Electro-Industrial. Not metal at all.

On another note, a metal camp could be fun.

It's as close to techno metal as I've found. I like it whatever you want to call it.
shroom

Postby shroom » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:41 pm

K-mom wrote:
OogaBooga wrote:? It would be sweet to have a mutant death machine rolling around blasting madness across the playa :twisted:

Yeah, make it stealth style. Pull up blasting stereotypical techno music and have your whole crew wearing bright pink/orange/etc fuzzy coats and hats ... then load the party people in, lock the door, pull away ... off come the jackets to reveal black leather getups, start blasting some Opeth or something, twisted video imagery of medical procedures and aborted fetuses ... fuck yeah

the only way out could be a little tube they have to crawl through at the back that dumps them out onto the playa, so your death machine is literally consuming and shitting ravers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: love it!
shroom

Postby weirdscience » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:02 pm

K-mom wrote:

you sir ARE A FUCKIN GENIUS!
Who's awesome? You're awesome! :) .
weirdscience

Postby dustyroller » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:02 pm

i will join you if you do this its an awesome idea
dustyroller

Postby malkuth » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:30 pm

There would definitely need to be an emphasis on the desert rock/stoner/doom/sludge and the black metal, in particular. Maybe a drone hour in the morning? Blast some Sunn O))) and some Thrones.

And sunday morning: Black Sabbath banana man-cakes + PBR.
malkuth

Postby weirdscience » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 pm

you do this and ill join you in a heart beat .. plus it would rock to have a place to call home at bm for my virgin burn
Who's awesome? You're awesome! :) .
weirdscience

Postby C.f.M. » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:22 am

Goggalor wrote:Kyuss!!!! Don't forget Sleep, Electric Wizard, Boris, and The Melvins. But seriously, Kyuss.

Kyuss and Electric Wizard are on my setlist.

Hoots and Hellmouth, Scissorfist, Supersuckers, etc.
C.f.M.

Postby malkuth » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:24 pm

[quote="K-mom"][quote="OogaBooga"]? It would be sweet to have a mutant death machine rolling around blasting madness across the playa :twisted:[/quote]

the only way out could be a little tube they have to crawl through at the back that dumps them out onto the playa, so your death machine is literally consuming and shitting ravers[/quote]

this is a really fucking good idea. If only we had the funding...
malkuth

Next

Return to 2011 Theme Camps