Webcams this year?

Webcams this year?

Postby gladeye » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:04 pm

The official Burning Man webcam wasn't bad (when it was working) the last couple of years and it was fun to hear blackrock radio and confused people trying to find each other by walkie-talkie as an audio feed. Does anyone know if it is returning this year or if any other camps will be webcasting? I haven't been able to go the last two years and it eases the pain a little to be able to at least watch from a distance. Thanks for any info and please include liunks if you can!
"Madness is the first sign of dandruff" - Dr. Winston O'Boogie
gladeye

comeon

Postby spiritdancer2 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:54 pm

seriously.... someone answer gladeye's post. gotta have my webcam fix! i hate not being there!!!
spiritdancer2

Webcams

Postby bmix » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:39 pm

I can't make it this year either, so I've been scouring the web trying to find a feed. Thus far, this is the only one I've found:

http://www.ustream.tv/burningman

I think they're in testing phase at the moment; I keep seeing a lot of shaky-cam and people slinging cables around. I'm hoping it'll stabilize once the event gets underway.

For an audio feed, there's also BMIR:

http://www.bmir.org

Hope these help!

EDIT: I just opened the webcam page again and right now there's just a picture of the ticket. So, who knows. I'll keep it open in a window regardless for any playa snippets they might have.

By the way, does anyone know what happened with the Current TV broadcast? I went last year so didn't notice that there was none. Looks like 2008 was the last broadcast. Any ideas?
bmix

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Tikiplex-12

Postby Bounce530 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:51 pm

IDK if it's my computers, or I'm doing something wrong, but BMIR doesn't work for me..I get the flying monkeys thing, thing a bit of music then nothing...yesterday at work I let run in the background and 38 min's later some music came on, but I still haven't heard any "live" stuff. Like real DJ's talking about what's going on etc..
And I've tried lots of times to get it going.
No matter, I'll be hearing it for real in 20 something hours!
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby Pulpracer » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:44 am

The webcam seems to be working and so does BMIR.

I doubt Current's going to be there this year. They're having some existential difficulties and from what I understand are in kind of a re-formatting mode, so they're probably not thinking about a live remote.

I was always conflicted about that anyway. I watched it but hated myself for doing so.
Pulpracer

Postby stego_s_aurus » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:23 am

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/burningman-webcast

Great to see this years Webcam running again! Suprised that they dont have it on a mast like they did last year, heres hoping the crowds on that balcony doesnt obscure the view at night during the burns!!

Thanks tons again to this years WebcamCrew!! Year 3 for me in Camp Envy, would Love to be of assistance to the crew in 2011 when I finally get there!!
stego_s_aurus

I hope the Bone tree is still on wheels?

Postby polykarmatic » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:13 pm

I hope the Bone Tree is still on wheels? It would be nice to get a clear view of the Man.

Can some one pretty please move it if thats an option?
"I am... We are... It is.."
quote from the guy in the hat
polykarmatic

Return to 2010 Art & Performance