911 situation: please help Fire Lieber (DJ) get home!!!

Buy, sell, or gift tickets for the 2010 Burning Man event

911 situation: please help Fire Lieber (DJ) get home!!!

Postby firelieber » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:30 pm

This year has been a huge challenge for me and I need to go home! Long story short; I got engaged in the spring and then had to leave him in June due to issues that no one should have to deal with. He owes me money and won't pay me back. My friend's mom wanted to help me out of my bad situation but then kicked me out this past month because I had decided I was gonna try and make it to the burn this year after one of my fans donated to me $150 to help me get my ticket! And now my girlfriend whom had offered me a free ride had her plans fall thru. So as of right now I have no ticket, no ride and just enough money to pay rent at my new spot! I have set times at Nexus, Camp? and the Black Rock Diner on Thurs, Fri & Sat nights.

My other friend has offered to loan me money but bottom line is that I need the best deal out there I can find!

Please help! I need to be there and cannot do this alone!
<3 XOXO

(I am in the San Francisco Bay Area without a car and without constant internet... my cell is 415.504.5884, please leave a message, I will call right back!)

[url]http://www.myspace.com/firelieber[/url]
[url]http://www.facebook.com/firelieber[/url]
[url]http://www.mallabelmusic.com/firelieber[/url]
firelieber

Postby firelieber » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:49 pm

i am in san jose, ca.... i have $300 for a ticket... please please please help!
firelieber

Postby Isotopia » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Quick! Someone call for an waaaaambulance.
Isotopia

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Tickets are on sale at the Gate for $360 each, through Thursday. You have 5 days to get that extra $60 (and all your food, water etc, but I'm sure you already have that part covered).

edit: a Burning Man ticket is not a "911" situation. It's a "want". Someone dying is a "911" situation. No-one has ever died because they missed the Burn one year. I certainly didn't, and it made the next year amazing.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby firelieber » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:22 am

Isotopia & Eric: thanks so much for putting me down right now when times are tough enough for me all ready... i wasn't trying to cry about my situation. and you both make me wish that i hadn't thought that random burners might want to help me out at all! i forgot about the group of you out there that are just pessimistic, name-calling, bring-me-downs! where are you camping so that i can avoid ever passing by?!

Eric: fyi, i have nothing at all right now to bring except for my clothes, some blankets & my music.

all the money i have for my ticket was donated to me by people that actually understand my situation & love to hear my sets. i am playing at Camp? on Thurs., BRD on Fri and Nexus on Sat. (please don't bother stopping by!)

and i also have no food & no water; i don't even have a tent, but luckily my music family from home is taking care of me for the most part on those ends. in reality they are helping me out for the most part on all those ends.

coming up with another $60 at the gate is not an easy task for me at this point at all, hence the reason this post was made... and i only felt this was a "911 situation" because i didn't want to let my fans/family down after they had gone to so much trouble to get me to feel like i could actually go in the first place.

i am not an annual burner. i know i wont die if i don't go; i'm aware that i'd actually be better off physically if i didn't. also "911" is computer short term for emergency anyways :P

i am going for the people that "want" to hear me play music. if i was just going because i "wanted" to go then i wouldn't be trying to go at all this year.

thanks for being so helpful... and keep up the positive vibes you two!

*if anyone cares, i do still need a ticket! altho i did find a ride :) i offered to drive my friends all the way there in their rv on monday@10am in exchange for a free lift.
firelieber

Postby changoloco » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:49 am

All of the Nexus people are really good friends of mine. I will make sure to print up this post so that they don't book any more people that don't practice "Radical Self-Reliance". And please, don't tell me not to "stop by" because I camp there. This whining is waaaaaay over-board. And FYI fire, there is a big difference between eplaya and the playa. In the future, remember that.
Live the life you love, Love the life you live
changoloco

Postby C.f.M. » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:57 am

i have nothing at all right now to bring except for my clothes, some blankets & my music.

and i also have no food & no water;

...sometimes things just are not meant to be.

Asking for help is one thing, but admitting those things, and still expecting people to want you there...hope your friends can come through for you and prevent you from being a burden to the rest of us.

I am completely, only there because of the kindess of strangers in this community, so I know it's possible.
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby chiefdanfox » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:15 am

there is a guy offering a spot in an rv and a ticket if you have the right "credentials". he posted on the rideshare. there are many ways the playa provides. gifting, ah gifting.
chiefdanfox

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:19 am

firelieber wrote:also "911" is computer short term for emergency anyways.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

I still need a ride from LA!

Postby djjuicyjay » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:44 am

I had several rides to start off, I let two go because I thought I had a definite ride on the Fuzzy terd, but They told me I couldn't go with them as I just packed all my stuff in. They didn't want to tell me why I couldn't go with them just said I couldn't go with them and I am screwed now! Trying to get up there to see my daughter and her Mom along with some old friends. Last time I went I was left on the Playa and had to hitchhike home. People are soo hard to trust but I really need help getting up there. I'm a really good DJ if that helps?
SUPERSTAR DJ *JUICYJAY*

www.myspace.com/juicyjayiselectro
www.myspace.com/juicyjay

JASON REGOS on FACEBOOK
djjuicyjay

Postby Elorrum » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:09 pm

It's not about wanting to be mean, or enjoying putting folks down. It's mainly sheer astonishment that people think they, with their incredibly righteous reasons for wanting to go and their awesome talents earn them some entitlement to be supported by others. In addition to the great dance music party you imagine, it's also A CAMPING TRIP IN THE DESERT. You need a ticket. You need 2 gallons of water a day, food, shelter, and all the other gear you need for camping and hot sun and cold nights. You need to have that stuff, yes you do. If things have fallen apart to the point that you can't support yourself, then plan for next year. I'm sorry if that's a bummer. Sincerely, I'm sorry that things have fallen apart if that's the case, and good luck finding somebody who can help you out.
Elorrum

Postby firelieber » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:04 pm

all i have to say to all of you is...

i have absolutely no expectations.

Elorrum: "It's mainly sheer astonishment that people think they, with their incredibly righteous reasons for wanting to go and their awesome talents earn them some entitlement to be supported by others"

well honestly, it's mainly sheer astonishment to me that people assume that because I am a DJ that i automatically think that i have "awesome talents" that earn me entitlement to be supported by others. LOL.... i dont feel that way at all, the only reason i got motivated to try and go this year is because people started gifting this opportunity to me in the first place. so sorry you all couldn't understand that!
firelieber

Postby Isotopia » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:49 pm

... i wasn't trying to cry about my situation. and you both make me wish that i hadn't thought that random burners might want to help me out at all!

Horse shit you silly ass.
Isotopia

911 is for real, life threatening emergencies

Postby Oubliet » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:45 pm

It is ~not~ for someone to get attention to try to beg for a cheap ticket.

Do you even know how inappropriate that is?

I suspect not.

It sounds like you are underfunded and unprepared.

Just don't go.

Try to plan better next year.
Oubliet

Camp Name: Karma Chickens

Postby U R NOT SPECIAL BRO » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:05 am

The reason I think it's appropriate to put everyone on this thread on blast is because of the same reason this forum should be on blast. The authorization code for this forum speaks volumes to who actually perpetrates this shit forum.

The word for the auth code: "unwelcome"

It's not that people don't have a good point to tell someone who CLEARLY isn't ready on Monday (the first day of the BM week) that they might do better for themselves waiting until next year.

It's the way that you fucking pieces of human shit say it.

You have someone here who might learn something from you acting like you are a community. You are not acting that way at all.

You are all judgmental ass hats who don't think about being 50 or think about a global reality of humanism.

You buy outfits and fuzzy material to put on bikes and try and define yourself through a 1 week venture in the desert that costs more than every person in a 3rd world country makes working an entire year for their entire family.

You are all wasteful pieces of shit who have no right to EVER condescend to someone about how they live!! Or how they think!!

What the fuck DO YOU DO that makes you anything special? You do SHIT!!

You save up selfishly all fucking year to go to a place in a desert unconnected to the humanity you deny all year!!

You go somewhere where gas is burned NON STOP ALL WEEK while people are still fucking DYING from natural disasters in other countries.

FUCK YOU and your attempt to get over and be righteous on a fucking message board for the fucking playa!!

You deserve to get sent to somewhere where you can't deny the real world and you deserve as much as this chick you are all shitting on to NOT go to burning man because you are all selfish fucks who would rather take the time to be selfish than share.

That's what you are built on. Most of you fags aren't even old enough to have been to a Burning Man 1/2 it's lifetime ago. You're all second generation'ers or 3rd for that matter, and you all need a fucking wake up call to what REALLY is going on.

What's really going on is this: You haven't done shit with your lives that is meaningful, or else you wouldn't be able to plan for a week in the desert every year. ITS CALLED HAVING A REAL JOB!

So, thanks for contributing as much to this discussion as you clearly contribute to non-rich non-white society, which is jack shit, considering some of you have THOUSANDS of posts on this BOARD!!

DIE. IN. A. FUCKING. FIRE. ON. THE. PLAYA. DOUCHE BAGS.

Go fuck yourselves and enjoy your retreat to anti-humanity.

SMILEY EMOTICON FOR SARCASM:

:P
You are one small molecule in a line of shit that you only don't see because you are afraid to recognize your massive defense fueled ego. You are as special as the dirt you praise to define yourself for lack of anything else special.
U R NOT SPECIAL BRO

Re: 911 is for real, life threatening emergencies

Postby U R NOT SPECIAL BRO » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:06 am

[quote="Oubliet"]It is ~not~ for someone to get attention to try to beg for a cheap ticket.

Do you even know how inappropriate that is?

I suspect not.

It sounds like you are underfunded and unprepared.

Just don't go.

Try to plan better next year.[/quote]

AND YOU NAMED YOUR FUCKING EPLAYA NAME AFTER A PART OF THE LABYRINTH. GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELF BITCH!! YOU'RE AN ADULT WHO STILL WANTS TO WATCH MUPPET MOVIES. GET A FUCKING LIFE AND MOVE OUT OF YOUR PARENTS' HOUSE

and/or stop taking money from them.
You are one small molecule in a line of shit that you only don't see because you are afraid to recognize your massive defense fueled ego. You are as special as the dirt you praise to define yourself for lack of anything else special.
U R NOT SPECIAL BRO

Postby U R NOT SPECIAL BRO » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:12 am

[quote="changoloco"]All of the Nexus people are really good friends of mine. I will make sure to print up this post so that they don't book any more people that don't practice "Radical Self-Reliance". And please, don't tell me not to "stop by" because I camp there. This whining is waaaaaay over-board. And FYI fire, there is a big difference between eplaya and the playa. In the future, remember that.[/quote]

REALLY? ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH THE NEXUS PEOPLE? OMG. ARE YOU REALLY? WOW BRO. FUCKING. WOW.

You have friends who think it's cool for you to print a message board post to make sure they know you found someone WAY UNCOOL BRO?

God, when you write shit like this, do you feel like a fucking 7th grader?

I actually know hella people in Nexus too! I'll make sure and print this and send this to them so they know what a fucking petty douche bag you are and that you utilize their friendship as a social description of power, you fucking little shit!!
U R NOT SPECIAL BRO

Postby justfred » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:54 am

(deleted)
What goes around, comes around.
justfred

Gee, lessee

Postby Oubliet » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Inaccurate, jumps to wild conclusions from no data ~and~ is overly dramatic.

I hope you never have to deal with a real problem that requires calmness and the ability to use real data.
Oubliet

Camp Name: Karma Chickens

Postby Laughing Forest » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:43 pm

I kinda liked his rant. But i think he might also want to up his dosage for whatever shit he needs to take from going over the edge.
Laughing Forest

Postby changoloco » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:08 pm

This is about the closest to absolute and complete meltdown that I have seen on a web board in a long time. Very, very entertaining. I am glad that i could be a target of his wrath. Thank you for the awesome read. Now peace out, I'm about to go burn gasoline and money like there is no tomorrow on the playa, bitches!!!!!
changoloco

Postby changoloco » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:11 pm

U R NOT SPECIAL BRO wrote:
changoloco wrote:All of the Nexus people are really good friends of mine. I will make sure to print up this post so that they don't book any more people that don't practice "Radical Self-Reliance". And please, don't tell me not to "stop by" because I camp there. This whining is waaaaaay over-board. And FYI fire, there is a big difference between eplaya and the playa. In the future, remember that.

REALLY? ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH THE NEXUS PEOPLE? OMG. ARE YOU REALLY? WOW BRO. FUCKING. WOW.

You have friends who think it's cool for you to print a message board post to make sure they know you found someone WAY UNCOOL BRO?

God, when you write shit like this, do you feel like a fucking 7th grader?

I actually know hella people in Nexus too! I'll make sure and print this and send this to them so they know what a fucking petty douche bag you are and that you utilize their friendship as a social description of power, you fucking little shit!!

firelieber alter?
changoloco

Return to 2010 Tickets