Supplies flown out to the Playa

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Is the highyway safe for taking supplies out to the Playa?

NO! NHP sucks and if they catch you you're screwed.
17%
Just drive normal and hope NHP doesn't look too close.
39%
Just find a burner that has a plane and make friends.
43%

Total votes : 23

Supplies flown out to the Playa

Postby Daniel.Crowe » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to this eplaya thing but I'm not new to the BM.
My 182 already has too many burners but I still have room for supplies to take.
Hit me up if you want some "gear" taken out.
AVOID the NHP on the highway! My buddy found out the hard way a few years back and is still on probation.
Peace out, burn long and prosper.
Daniel.Crowe

One more thing

Postby Daniel.Crowe » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:42 pm

I'll be at Amendment 21 (bar) in Reno on August 25th from 7-9pm for the ACLU talk about our rights during the Burn.
See ya all there.
Daniel.Crowe

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:06 am

Wow you LEOs are starting early, hm? Interesting tactic.. now trying to use the board to solicit.

**UNDERCOVER ALERT**
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Gear

Postby RACESV » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:49 pm

I plan on cooking meth out there. Nothing like the playa for a nice sterile environment. You have room for all my sudafed, burners, and beakers? I will totally take you up on this! I love this gifting economy.
RACESV

Postby Boijoy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:04 pm

must be a rookie. :roll:
don't forget to floss
Boijoy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Postby Sham » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:46 pm

I have some Ecstasy and several pounds of marijuana I am trying to smuggle into the event. Can you help me?
Sham

Postby Shambala's troll » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Shambala wrote:I have some Ecstasy and several pounds of marijuana I am trying to smuggle into the event. Can you help me?

Shut up Sham, you'll ruin this for everyone! :roll:
Shambala's troll

Postby BurningRando » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:28 pm

I just have a team of Colombian mules bring it in a bunch of balloons.

I bring a special porta potty for them.

They are great for picking up moop and camp setup/teardown.
BurningRando

Postby junglesmacks » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:30 pm

PS I love how this got moved to the "Experiences at BM" section. Dealing with dumbass Burnier-than-thou wannabe undercover LEOs sure is a part of the experience, I suppose.. :roll:
junglesmacks

Lick Balls Jungledouche

Postby Daniel.Crowe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:14 pm

[quote="junglesmacks"]Wow you LEOs are starting early, hm? Interesting tactic.. now trying to use the board to solicit.

**UNDERCOVER ALERT**[/quote]

When I'm flying I hope you're driving with NHP behind you. And if not, have fun at the gate waiting in line, maybe the leos will try something extra sneaky to get ya.
Nothings for free dipshit but then again, you are pretty cool being from Florida, Hawaii and Costa Rica. You homo, you're probably from Bakersfield. Way to have a little pride in where you come from.
Daniel.Crowe

Postby junglesmacks » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:24 pm

lol

Hard to worry about LEOs when you're a law abiding, tax paying citizen that wouldn't even dream about jaywalking let alone having something illicit in the vehicle.

Come on.. dream up another persona and thread bait. Loving it!
junglesmacks

Postby Pink Daddy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Wow, his profile screams 'LEO'. Here's exhibit A:

'Interests: Biking, skiing, hiking, flying and the BM'

...and the BM? What normal Burner types/talks like that? Reminds me of 'Detroit Rock City':

"God forbid one day you have a son like you, Jeremiah. A boy who lies through his teeth, buys demonic records, and smokes the dope!"
San Diego Co-Regional Contact (E-mail: sandiego@burningman.com) - Camp Inspiratum - What inspires you?
Pink Daddy

Postby junglesmacks » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Pink Daddy wrote:Wow, his profile screams 'LEO'. Here's exhibit A:

...and the BM? What normal Burner types/talks like that? Reminds me of 'Detroit Rock City':

"God forbid one day you have a son like you, Jeremiah. A boy who lies through his teeth, buys demonic records, and smokes the dope!"

Geezus.. what doesn't scream LEO about this?

"My 182 already has too many burners".. as in.. speaking in 3rd person about "those people". It's all pretty hilarious, really..
junglesmacks

Burners don't Hike Bike or Ski!

Postby Daniel.Crowe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:14 pm

[quote="Pink Daddy"]Wow, his profile screams 'LEO'. Here's exhibit A:

Wow, you're totally right Pink Dragon! Who would ever believe a burner would like to Hike, bike and ski! You must be clairvoyant. I wonder if I'll see anyone on bikes or just out hiking around. I bet there's not even a place to land a plane out there!
Hopefully when I fly over I can drop a duce on your head. But you'd probably like that being a clairvoyant queen and all.
Daniel.Crowe

Postby Pink Daddy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Yep, wouldn't trust him farther than I can throw him...
San Diego Co-Regional Contact (E-mail: sandiego@burningman.com) - Camp Inspiratum - What inspires you?
Pink Daddy

The Queen is dead

Postby Daniel.Crowe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:31 pm

No, can't throw me because you're a weakling.
Daniel.Crowe

Re: The Queen is dead

Postby Sham » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Daniel.Crowe wrote:No, can't throw me because you're a weakling.

A new low----I know you are, but what am I?
Sham

Postby Pink Daddy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:44 pm

This guy cracks me up. I feel like I'm back in Junior High...
Pink Daddy

Re: Lick Balls Jungledouche

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Daniel.Crowe wrote:You homo

and then he wrote:being a clairvoyant queen

Why is it always the guys who have to pay for sex who think being gay is a bad thing?

And how many homophobic Burners broadcast it this much? If he's not a cop, he's a jackass and an idiot.

Maybe we should alert the proper authorities to be watching the airport for drug smugglers.....
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Sham » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:46 pm

One thing you have to remember Daniel.Crowe, is that LE officers have well attended, high level meetings about how to entrap people who attend Burning Man. Then, all of a sudden, a new poster shows up here as a 15 year old boy and starts asking about people who can "help" him. Wow, a pedophile would make all those high level meetings worthwhile and probably get a story in the paper.
Your offer to transport drugs is stupid from any point of view. Real, fake, police, drug user, ferderal law enforcement. Any way you look at this, you come across as a dimwit. So dim, that it's hard to figure you out.
Our 15 year old boy disappeared a while back and now you show up. You can imagine how this looks, can't you?
Now, let's talk about transporting my 55 gallon drum of ecstasy to the playa, shall we?
Sham

Postby justfred » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:57 pm

If on the off chance he's not a narc - I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt - this seems like a GREAT opportunity for the BLM to score an airplane - and for a pilot to lose his license for good.

Say, Daniel - what's your N-number?
What goes around, comes around.
justfred

Postby Pink Daddy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:03 pm

If he's on the level, perhaps this would distract the LEOs away from the typical Burners who are just out there having a good time and don't want to deal with the overzealous undercover agent.

I'm hesitant to take my perfectly legal vaporizer e-cigarette, just because I don't want to deal with the LEOs who think that I'm doing something illegal.
Pink Daddy

Postby Sham » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:33 pm

Pink Daddy wrote:I'm hesitant to take my perfectly legal vaporizer e-cigarette, just because I don't want to deal with the LEOs who think that I'm doing something illegal.

I like to remind people to keep their over-the-counter pills in the original bottles as well as prescription medications. There is nothing more pathetic than a flapping police officer thinking he's making a BIG career altering drug bust, only to find that it's melatonin or Tylenol.

On other vacations, I put all my vitimins and medications in one small container, but at Burning Man, the police need to be spoon fed.
Sham

Postby Pink Daddy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Unfortunately, that doesn't help me. My e-cig came in a neat little black box with no label. From a distance, it looks like I'm smoking 'the wacky tobaccy', especially the way that I inhale (habit). I might just use it to fish out the hidden LEOs.
Pink Daddy

Postby Isotopia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:51 pm

When I'm flying I hope you're driving with NHP behind you. And if not, have fun at the gate waiting in line, maybe the leos will try something extra sneaky to get ya.
Nothings for free dipshit but then again, you are pretty cool being from Florida, Hawaii and Costa Rica. You homo, you're probably from Bakersfield. Way to have a little pride in where you come from.

And were I to ask the Magic 8 Ball about this new poster and his offer what would it say????

....The Magic 8 Ball says:

I mean Cheesus, the OP is leaking 'amateur' all over the fucking floor here. That, or he's a rookie LEO looking to make a stripe.

Maybe when he graduates up to muling with a PC-6 instead of a 186 someone might take him seriously.

Until then what does he need to do??

That's right....
Isotopia

Postby Pink Daddy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:55 pm

Have you seen the movie 'Interstate 60'? The magic 8-ball in that movie is the sh!t! I wish I had one of those...
Pink Daddy

Postby Sham » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:04 pm

If this is an official police sting that he's working on, he'll be back on School Crossing Guard duty in just a few weeks. (let's move it kids!)
Sham

Postby Pink Daddy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:08 pm

Pink Daddy

Postby mudpuppy000 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Damn, if this is for real, I fear for "those burners" flying in on air crackhead.

I wonder if they send you to federal "pound me in the ass prison" for flying in drugs.
mudpuppy000

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Postby robrob » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:54 am

Shambala wrote:
Pink Daddy wrote:I'm hesitant to take my perfectly legal vaporizer e-cigarette, just because I don't want to deal with the LEOs who think that I'm doing something illegal.

I like to remind people to keep their over-the-counter pills in the original bottles as well as prescription medications. .

i keep a handful of chantix in my travel bag in case i get an urge..the original package is a big dumb box, but i figured my usual habit of busting them out and carrying them in a big pill shaped novelty container would'nt fly here.

i will be carrying all scripts and OTC meds in their original packaging.

as an aside, the other things that amuse me about this post:

1) the BRC airport is for all intents and purposes a real airstrip, under the FAA's rules. I would assume that all existing laws and procedures apply (ie: baggage and parcels are fair game to be searched by TSA / other Law Enforcement personnel- flying in domestic airspace automatically grants them permission to search & sieze)

2) Reno isn't a huge fucking city. If a reno local was a long time burner, with an accessible plane he made available on the regular for shuttling goods to and from the playa, don't you think <i>someone</i> from the local community would pipe in and say he's cool?

i've lived in some big ass cities (chicago now, nyc before) and even among millions of people, if someone is an active participant in a scene, someone has heard of them. Reno isn't fucking Toyko or London, shouldn't one of "those burners" have heard of this dude?

on the flipside, if this is the level of mental sophistication the typical playa bust involves, i'm gonna sleep a little easier this week.
robrob

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: smoregasm / endor

Next

Return to Experiences at Burning Man