FOOD: What is your favorite, fun item to bring to share?

What do you eat and drink on the playa? Share ideas, recipes and advice here.

Postby Mulligan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:34 am

Gingersnap cookies. They're tough enough to withstand the road trip. This year, I'm serving them with nutella...
Mulligan

Postby EmilyD » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:09 pm

bs bob wrote:salt water taffy buy in bulk keep in cooler and shortbread cookies they dont melt!!

Thanks for this tip. I was wondering about salt water taffy, they have it at Trader Joes. I'll shove a bag into the cooler.

Today I pre-cooked a pound of nitrate-free bacon. Mmmmm the house smells so good! (Sorry vegan/vege friends).
EmilyD

Postby Mojojita » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:03 pm

There is a magic concoction in a small bottle by the vinegars at Whole Foods. Balsamic creme with chocolate - it is like a dark chocolate syrup with balsamic vinegar - OH MY GOD- on strawberries or watermelon, it is incredible.
Mojojita

Postby bud buddah » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:06 pm

I'm a newbie, so I don't know how these will be on the playa, but I'm gonna bake up a mess of almond biscotti. 2 or 3 of those in the morning with coffee just make my day. But I'm sure they're gonna be hard as a rock out there, so be sure to dip if you don't want to stop at the dentist on the ride home :-)
I'll be in MalMart if you want to swing by some morning and try out my recipe.
Bud
bud buddah

Postby Elorrum » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Mulligan wrote:Gingersnap cookies. They're tough enough to withstand the road trip. This year, I'm serving them with nutella...

oh oh oh!
Elorrum

Previous

Return to Food & Drink