Do you love shirts, hate pants? - Equal opportunity employer

Do you love shirts, hate pants? - Equal opportunity employer

Postby bm_cricket » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:49 am

Once again Jes (my love) and I were babbling on about burning man the second we woke up in the morning and we came to an idea.. We need to raise awareness of the pants free shirt wearing community!

Our mission:
Promote awareness of the diversity within the burning man community through strap-ons and sillyness.

Our methods:
We intend to form an equal opportunity trowel dropping flash mob. All participants will be expected to bring a camera on a neck strap and something hanging between their legs. Hanging parts need not be natural.

Anyone want to join?
bm_cricket

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Victorian » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:48 pm

More so then not, I find myself running through the house with a shirt and skivvies on.. no pants, skirt, or shorts.

Would that be acceptable to join?

I do have a strap on camera.. teehee
Victorian

Postby bm_cricket » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:07 pm

Victorian wrote:I do have a strap on camera.. teehee

I see potential in this. As I said, we are open to all. Nobody has to show their privates but I think that either showing your buns (with something to hide your more private parts) or a long shirt and something silly to dangle would look great.
bm_cricket

Postby Victorian » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Baby doll t-shirts (check)
Thong or boyshort panties with the cheeks ever so bare (check)

Silly props (check)

I'll definitely be there. Once we're closer to the event, we'll have to get in touch and find each other on the playa and I'd be happy to join the parade.
Victorian

Buns out!

Postby bm_cricket » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:49 pm

Victorian wrote:Silly props (check)

YES!

Victorian wrote:I'll definitely be there. Once we're closer to the event, we'll have to get in touch and find each other on the playa and I'd be happy to join the parade.

We should spread the word (I think that this is a good place to do it) and naturally set a time and a place.

*I think there are two schools of thought on the time to mob. Eartly in the week will make it look out of place. Late in the week will turn heads. What are your thoughts?

*As for pre-bun showing fun all I can suggest is my home, Camp Above The Limit. When we get placed I'll let you know.

*Center camp seems like the best place to mob. Ideally in the middle of the day. I think that the only requirement be that all those cameras around everybody's necks are not used and instead we just hug people like maniacs.
bm_cricket

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:23 pm

Aren't shirtcockers considered the creepiest of Burners?
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii Instead

Postby C.f.M. » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:Aren't shirtcockers considered the creepiest of Burners?

Yes. There are weapons that have been created solely to combat the abominable shirt-cocker.

Victorian, you seem like a nice girl. Don't fall in with this lot. :shock:
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby bm_cricket » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:Aren't shirtcockers considered the creepiest of Burners?

Our mission at Pants-Optional(*), (An unregistered 501c4 public action organization) is to promote the rights of True Americans to be themselves. The perceptions that Pants-Optional people are going to teach it in schools, use it to destroy the families of people who wear pants, even force that pants become outlawed as organizations like Protect Marriage have claimed in deceitful public miss-information campaigns are unfounded. Pants-Optional people only want to have the same rights afforded to their pants wearing companions.

True Americans love freedom, including the freedom to let their junk hang low. Aren't you a True American?

* Pants-Optional is a half-baked half-project of Half-Naked, a half-registered 501c3 based out of deep playa
bm_cricket

Postby Victorian » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:12 pm

I'm going to participate everywhere I can on the playa. I'm not a spectator, haven't been long since before I even heard the words "burning man" and "playa"...

Many creepy people exist everywhere, and yes thank you, I am a nice girl.

I'd love to join still though, and if I get a creepy vibe, no means no. If those words go unheard, I leave and find somewhere else to wander that day.

No harm in trying.
Victorian

Postby oneeyeddick » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Please don't schedule it for thursday between 11:00 and 2:00.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Wear a crazy outfit, wear no shirt, wear nothing at all... but a shirt and no pants, even at Burning Man, is the one universal fashion blunder.
You're free to go for it, but don't kid yourself that it's anything but creepy.
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii Instead

Postby bm_cricket » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:but a shirt and no pants, even at Burning Man, is the one universal fashion blunder.

You are right... But that doesn't change the fact that I've watched a few artists the weekend before gates open setting up their amazing installations wearing nothing but a T-Shirt. Burning Man is made up of people and just because a few of them dress like lunatics doesn't mean they didn't pour their all into the event.

And quite frankly I think my favorite thing about Burning Man is that everywhere you look there's someone you would never have "expected" to be out there, doing something you would not have "assumed" they would do.

Now, the reason I like calling this equal opportunity shirt cocking:
Wouldn't you laugh if you saw a mob of shirt-cockers, many of whom have some huge camera dangling between their breasts and a huge fake cock between their legs?
bm_cricket

Postby Victorian » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:35 pm

I'm going to be laughing, and that's why I'll be attending.. Why? Because I friggin can... and like I said... I'll be watching for creepies and I WILL be wearing panties... just no pants!

We'll see how it goes!
Victorian

Postby bm_cricket » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:41 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:Please don't schedule it for thursday between 11:00 and 2:00.

Why not? Is something especially cool happening at Center Camp at that time? ;-)
bm_cricket

Postby oneeyeddick » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:02 pm

That's when The Critical Dicks March goes through Center camp, as part of the route.

I know it doesn't start till Noon, but I threw in the hour buffer, as to not lose any of our members displaying thier members with the members of your members.

BTW, there also is a Shirtcockers parade, I think on tuesday sometime, but it is sooooo tiny that I find it laughable.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby Victorian » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Well, critical dicks, critical tits, bunny marches, might as well join the fun and have this no pants march as well!!!
Victorian

Postby C.f.M. » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:56 am

bm_cricket wrote:

Why not? Is something especially cool happening at Center Camp at that time? ;-)

No, but every day the best secret at Burning Man happens at the trash fence @ 2 p.m. Sometimes it's swimming, sometimes it's Daft Punk...it's pretty awesome.
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby bm_cricket » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:22 am

C.f.M. wrote:
bm_cricket wrote:

No, but every day the best secret at Burning Man happens at the trash fence @ 2 p.m. Sometimes it's swimming, sometimes it's Daft Punk...it's pretty awesome.

I'm not sure what's more implausible, something good happening at Center Camp or %That_big_artist_people_like% playing at %That_place_on_the_playa%. I hear Sigur Ros is supposed to play this year around 4:00 & D. Has anyone heard anything about it?! Lololol i luvz thm!
bm_cricket

Going pantless can make you thirsty

Postby carpenterrible » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:13 pm

If you're still doing this brilliant idea, and if you're thirsty for some bloody bacon and hungry for a bloody, bloody mary, be sure to drop by our camp for Testicle Tuesdays or any day. Best time 10-11, but come pantsless whenever and you'll get the VIP treatment.

http://earth.burningman.com/brc/2010/playa_event/2958/
carpenterrible

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:25 pm

I suppose the Shirt Cockers could be rounded up in a Ghetto or resettlement facility. :idea:
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby bm_cricket » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:I suppose the Shirt Cockers could be rounded up in a Ghetto or resettlement facility. :idea:

I liked the idea.... But really, I think Critical Dicks with a few strap-ons will be about the same thing. Eh.. oh well.

I'll just need to go butt naked like any normal person.
)'(
bm_cricket

Flasher Mob

Postby orangepeelmoses » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:16 am

we did this last yr
and it was a blast:)

Peele
orangepeelmoses

Return to 2010 Art & Performance