Sound guy

Sound guy

Postby Kaplow820 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:24 am

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I tour with a national touring band running Front-of-House sound for them. They are a reggae-rock-hiphop-soul band so I do a lot of dubbing also but do get a good mix :)

If anyone needs any help with sound, or running sound, I could totally help out. Idk, it'll be my first Burning Man, so I don't really know how everything goes, but I'm just throwing it out there.
Kaplow820

Postby Stickygreen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:34 pm

most of the experienced sound camps will probably have "sound guys" some of the smaller camps at the ends of the LSA might not, maybe go and offer your services in person, or just make friends with other "sound guys"
)'(
Stickygreen

Postby Pink Daddy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:44 am

I would think that it would be highly unlikely for someone to bring sound equipment and need help with it, aside from basic manual labor.
San Diego Co-Regional Contact (E-mail: sandiego@burningman.com) - Camp Inspiratum - What inspires you?
Pink Daddy

Postby MistressSybs » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:11 am

... but making a friend who can watch your set up and let you drift into the party a little isn't bad either...

**not a sound person but realize that with a theme camp someone is probably always on some kind of shift watching the area... but then again it's usually someone part of their camp that they know... hhhmmm.... nevermind <gilda>
Opinions and Assholes, everybody's got one!

.:: starfuckers incorporated ::.
MistressSybs

Postby Kaplow820 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:23 pm

So actually a theme camp found me, and I'll be doin a couple shows for them, and I get to stay in their camp. Everyone seems like a great people, so everything worked out perfectly. Sounds like it's going to be a great First time at Burning Man.
Kaplow820

Postby Stickygreen » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:54 pm

awesome, glad to hear things are planning out well for your BM trip!
)'(
Stickygreen

Postby Elorrum » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:02 pm

center camp in the past has asked for technically qualified volunteers. They are moving a lot of acts through their stages, so set ups are occurring over and over.
Elorrum

Postby The Chinese » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:53 pm

Kaplow820 wrote:So actually a theme camp found me, and I'll be doin a couple shows for them, and I get to stay in their camp. Everyone seems like a great people, so everything worked out perfectly. Sounds like it's going to be a great First time at Burning Man.

the Transmorphagon is glad to have ya J.

Chino
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Return to 2010 Art & Performance