What does freethinking mean to you?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby Kiro » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:20 am

burningquestions wrote:Fuck you. Study history. Progressive is not a good word. It is synonymous with communism and the KKK.

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE. Get a grip. Keep your ignorant racist shit out of my face. It has nothing to do with this discussion.

obvious troll is obvious

Kiro

Burning Since: 2017

Postby geekster » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:29 am

Yeah, and in the years when I owned my own business, I worked harder and longer than any of my employees.

Nobody in this country ever got rich being an employee and they never will.

Stop looking to other people for a job and start trying to make your own. Be your own employer. Approach things as if you have a skill that you market. Be in business for yourself. That is what makes things better for everyone. Stop looking for someone to feed you, feed yourself.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby burningquestions » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:07 pm

geekster wrote:Yeah, and in the years when I owned my own business, I worked harder and longer than any of my employees.

Nobody in this country ever got rich being an employee and they never will.

Stop looking to other people for a job and start trying to make your own. Be your own employer. Approach things as if you have a skill that you market. Be in business for yourself. That is what makes things better for everyone. Stop looking for someone to feed you, feed yourself.

The geekster brings the truth.

Be your own employer. See what it's like to make payroll every Friday. See what it's like to face an ever increasing government bureaucracy. Then get back to us and tell us how good the boss has it. Unless you have taken the risks, put your own capital on the line, you don't know of which you speak. You're just another whiny bitch unwilling to solve a problem.

Really. Otherwise, go piss off. You have no real skin in the game. Employees are replaceable. It's much, much harder to replace an employer.
burningquestions

Postby burningquestions » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:12 pm

Kiro wrote:
burningquestions wrote:Fuck you. Study history. Progressive is not a good word. It is synonymous with communism and the KKK.

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE. Get a grip. Keep your ignorant racist shit out of my face. It has nothing to do with this discussion.

obvious troll is obvious

Oh shit. How did you find that? :(
burningquestions

Postby Clar-i-ty » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:34 pm

burningquestions wrote:
TomServo wrote:
burningquestions wrote:
Eric wrote:
burningquestions wrote:Sorry dude. Maybe I'm missing the point here. But isn't this whole BM exercise about "HEY, LOOK AT ME!!!"

You are correct. You are completely missing the point.

I am here to be corrected. Please educate me.

Hence the "BQ" moniker.

Then ask questions! Don't insult! If you don't like it, don't go! Progressive is a good word, btw!

Fuck you. Study history. Progressive is not a good word. It is synonymous with communism and the KKK.

I typically don't feed trolls. Especially when they clearly just want attention or some sort of vague validation. But this response feels appropriate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_VgjEJprPk[/youtube]
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Postby burningquestions » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:36 pm

I've been called much worse. Read my other recent posts.
burningquestions

Postby capjbadger » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:49 pm

Ok, done with the troll. *block*

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby burningquestions » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:59 pm

capjbadger wrote:Ok, done with the troll. *block*

-Badger

My loss I guess. Sigh...
burningquestions

Postby bluesbob » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:29 pm

Jackass wrote:What about you are you a troll or do you just play one on Eplaya??
Go ride your quad in the desert, maybe that way you'll get lost.. turkey dick

Stairway to Heaven still sucks.
bluesbob

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV

Postby Sham » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:45 pm

I'd like to see what everyone else thinks about what "free thinking" is, and then just go along with the majority on this one.
Sham

Postby bluesbob » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Shambala wrote:I'd like to see what everyone else thinks about what "free thinking" is, and then just go along with the majority on this one.

I'm with you!
bluesbob

free dinker

Postby sandypandy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:36 pm

it always amazes me how the institutionalized group-think of the burner culture can be in anyway confused with free-thinking.

the entire culture is so fully dependent upon its identity as a group itself, that it desperately seeks out its own boundaries in order to defend them - effectively, to attack perceived outsiders. a perceived outsider is anyone who challenges the group-think.

it's pathetic. but always entertaining - in the same way a train wreck is amazing to watch... i just don't want to be IN it.
sandypandy

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:44 pm

ooh, same troll, different name. I love it when they talk to themselves!

*plonk*
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby sandypandy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:46 pm

a troll is anyone who tells it the way it is to so-called "burners".
sandypandy

Re: free dinker

Postby Sham » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:50 pm

sandypandy wrote:i just don't want to be IN it.

...and you won't be. You can stay at home in your parents house, in the basement eating applesauce out of the jar and wanking off.
Have a nice day!
Sham

Postby sandypandy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:00 pm

...and you won't be. You can stay at home in your parents house, in the basement eating applesauce out of the jar and wanking off.
Have a nice day!

yes, i will be staying home, beating my meat like it owes me money. better than sticking it in some dusty skank school teacher on a spirit-quest behind the hookah dome who will later be accusing me of false rape to LEO because she doesn't want her boyfriend to think she cheated on him.

i'll leave the playa for you to volunteer to make the event an even bigger spectacle this year in hopes the man ends up on the cover of time magazine.
sandypandy

Postby Sham » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Dim the lights in your parents basement, switch to mayonaise and use your left hand. Now you will have a tiny feel of what Burning Man is all about. I hope this puts things into a perspective you can understand.
Sham

Postby sandypandy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:17 pm

that IS better. i'm beginning to understand how burners debate. when logic becomes inconvenient, switch to an ad hominem argument.

you're just a dumb poo-poo head.

(by the way: i'm rubber, you're glue)
sandypandy

Postby capjbadger » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Eric wrote:ooh, same troll, different name. I love it when they talk to themselves!

*plonk*

Again? sheesh. *plonk*

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Re: free dinker

Postby bluesbob » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:50 pm

sandypandy wrote:it always amazes me how the institutionalized group-think of the burner culture can be in anyway confused with free-thinking.

the entire culture is so fully dependent upon its identity as a group itself, that it desperately seeks out its own boundaries in order to defend them - effectively, to attack perceived outsiders. a perceived outsider is anyone who challenges the group-think.

it's pathetic. but always entertaining - in the same way a train wreck is amazing to watch... i just don't want to be IN it.

Can you point out any group that is populated by free-thinkers? The whole reason groups form is because they have a like-minded philosophy. Burning Man encourages free-thinkers, but their ideas, if popular, are quickly embraced by the group. Isn't this what happens with all free-thinking? What Burning Man is is a subculture.
bluesbob

Postby AntiM » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:31 pm

capjbadger wrote:
Eric wrote:ooh, same troll, different name. I love it when they talk to themselves!

*plonk*

Again? sheesh. *plonk*

-Badger

Actually, the troll isn't wearing soft foot coverings as far as I can tell.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

drugs at bm

Postby Melimell87 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:12 am

I've never been to burning man and I'm concerned about using ecstacy at night then being in the heat while I'm coming down. I've done e before but will it be dangerous there? I feel it will enhance the experience but I don't wanna take any big risks. I don't wanna overheat or become dehydrated. Any advice on staying safe while high?
Melimell87

Re: drugs at bm

Postby AntiM » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:13 am

Melimell87 wrote:I've never been to burning man and I'm concerned about using ecstacy at night then being in the heat while I'm coming down. I've done e before but will it be dangerous there? I feel it will enhance the experience but I don't wanna take any big risks. I don't wanna overheat or become dehydrated. Any advice on staying safe while high?

Moderator's Notes:

One: this is off topic for this discussion. This should have been a New Topic, not a question on an existing thread.

Two: Drugs are illegal at Burning Man and we only discuss the ramifications of doing stupid things in the desert and the consequences, not how to do specific drugs successfully. If you already take E, you already know the answers. And if you've never been before, taking E will diminish the experience. You really don't need it unless you're a feeble mind-dead zombie who needs the extra stimulation. Just drink into a stupor like the rest of the herd. Bring your own party favors and do not share.

Three: Are you really this naive? Law enforcement reads this board.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:59 am

Oh man, I LOVE applesauce outta the jar!
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby Sham » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:11 am

Fire_Moose wrote:Oh man, I LOVE applesauce outta the jar!

If you LOVE applesauce out of the jar, then you'll go gaga over mayonaise!
Sham

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:26 am

Yeah?!

I wish they made chipolte mayo inna jar so that i could scoop it out. I feel like such a glutten squeezing the bottle into my mouth
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby bluesbob » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:04 am

sandypandy wrote:a troll is anyone who tells it the way it is to so-called "burners".

No...a troll is anyone who goes to a baseball game and demands everyone play soccer.
bluesbob

Postby bluesbob » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:14 am

AntiM wrote:
Melimell87 wrote:I've never been to burning man and I'm concerned about using ecstacy at night then being in the heat while I'm coming down. I've done e before but will it be dangerous there? I feel it will enhance the experience but I don't wanna take any big risks. I don't wanna overheat or become dehydrated. Any advice on staying safe while high?

Moderator's Notes:

You really don't need it unless you're a feeble mind-dead zombie who needs the extra stimulation.

BRAAAAAINS!
bluesbob

Postby Clar-i-ty » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:25 am

AntiM wrote:

Moderator's Notes:

One: this is off topic for this discussion. This should have been a New Topic, not a question on an existing thread.

Two: Drugs are illegal at Burning Man and we only discuss the ramifications of doing stupid things in the desert and the consequences, not how to do specific drugs successfully. If you already take E, you already know the answers. And if you've never been before, taking E will diminish the experience. You really don't need it unless you're a feeble mind-dead zombie who needs the extra stimulation. Just drink into a stupor like the rest of the herd. Bring your own party favors and do not share.

Three: Are you really this naive? Law enforcement reads this board.

Unless this is someone from Law enforcement, in which case, nice try.
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Postby teardropper » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:02 am

TomServo wrote: Dumbass!

...either that or a dumbass troll.

communism, KKK? Oh yeah, they're the same.

Dumbass.
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion