Progressive Groupthink SUCKS ASS.

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby ygmir » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:58 pm

burningquestions wrote:
ygmir wrote:well,
we differ there.
but, as opinion is subjective, I do accept your take on it.
I just disagree..

I'd be happy to gift you as many alcoholic beverages until you pass out.

But I think we may have a problem starting an Alliance of Agreeable Anarchists. Or even Agreeable Anarchists.

That's the thing. What's good for one may not be good for another. There is no possible thing as Utopia. One man's Utopia is another man's slavery.

If you folks could find a private farmer to agree to hosting this party you would gain much more "freedom" credibility. We could walk around naked, smoke pot, light off fireworks, ride motorcycles... Of course that brings up a completely new set of problems such as insurance, liability, etc. But it would cut out the MAN.

I might submit, you'd find it not that much different on private land.
what's illegal in Nevada, is illegal public or private land included.

True, there is no Utopia.......

but, well, we can have fun anyway? yes?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby burningquestions » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:08 pm

ygmir wrote:
burningquestions wrote:
ygmir wrote:well,
we differ there.
but, as opinion is subjective, I do accept your take on it.
I just disagree..

I'd be happy to gift you as many alcoholic beverages until you pass out.

But I think we may have a problem starting an Alliance of Agreeable Anarchists. Or even Agreeable Anarchists.

That's the thing. What's good for one may not be good for another. There is no possible thing as Utopia. One man's Utopia is another man's slavery.

If you folks could find a private farmer to agree to hosting this party you would gain much more "freedom" credibility. We could walk around naked, smoke pot, light off fireworks, ride motorcycles... Of course that brings up a completely new set of problems such as insurance, liability, etc. But it would cut out the MAN.

I might submit, you'd find it not that much different on private land.
what's illegal in Nevada, is illegal public or private land included.

True, there is no Utopia.......

but, well, we can have fun anyway? yes?

Yes on the fun. But in my scenario I could walk around naked while lighting off fireworks. And I could could leave camp to ride my motorcycles and come back in without a fee. Check out Chuck-E-Cheese Pizza and any concert/sporting event-It's called a hand stamp.

:wink:
burningquestions

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:49 pm

burningquestions wrote:Yes on the fun. But in my scenario I could walk around naked while lighting off fireworks. And I could could leave camp to ride my motorcycles and come back in without a fee. Check out Chuck-E-Cheese Pizza and any concert/sporting event-It's called a hand stamp. :wink:

So create your scenario. Burning Man has existed for 25 years- it is what it is. If what that "is" is doesn't appeal to you, don't go. Your constant whinnying that you don't like the fact this event isn't how you want it is pointless. But, so is your being here.

You appear to be like the bay area "anarchists" who have no philosophy & just like to throw shit around to stir up trouble. We also call them 2 year olds.

(and try to go to Chuck-E-Cheese or a sporting event & walk around naked setting off fireworks & riding your motorcycles. Bet that'll get you far. Idiot.)

Bored of you.

Bye Bye.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby burningquestions » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:59 pm

Eric wrote:
burningquestions wrote:Yes on the fun. But in my scenario I could walk around naked while lighting off fireworks. And I could could leave camp to ride my motorcycles and come back in without a fee. Check out Chuck-E-Cheese Pizza and any concert/sporting event-It's called a hand stamp. :wink:

So create your scenario. Burning Man has existed for 25 years- it is what it is. If what that "is" is doesn't appeal to you, don't go. Your constant whinnying that you don't like the fact this event isn't how you want it is pointless. But, so is your being here.

You appear to be like the bay area "anarchists" who have no philosophy & just like to throw shit around to stir up trouble. We also call them 2 year olds.

(and try to go to Chuck-E-Cheese or a sporting event & walk around naked setting off fireworks & riding your motorcycles. Bet that'll get you far. Idiot.)

Bored of you.

Bye Bye.

Is there no nudity or fireworks at BM?

You imply there is an anarchist philosophy. Wow. That would certainly be news to the world. Please share.

"Watch out for those unpredictable anarchists! They'll fuck you up!"

OR...

"Those damned anarchists are so fucking predictable. They really bore me."

Ha ha!
burningquestions

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 am

Chuck-E-cheese has shitty pizza and the whole place smells like diapers and children are all screaming and foaming at the mouth.

It is exactly like Burning Man in those ways but...

Why would you waste your time going there when they don't even have topless waitresses?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby TomServo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:06 am

burningquestions wrote:
Eric wrote:

Bored of you.

Bye Bye.

You imply there is an anarchist philosophy. Wow. That would certainly be news to the world. Please share.

OR...

Ha ha!

Who said were anarchists? And, just how much do you know about anarchism?
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby burningquestions » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:16 am

TomServo wrote:
burningquestions wrote:
Eric wrote:

Bored of you.

Bye Bye.

OR...

Ha ha!

What? Would proper punctuation help make your point? Please include your dissertation on anarchy.
burningquestions

Postby TomServo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:18 am

burningquestions wrote:
TomServo wrote:
burningquestions wrote:
Eric wrote:

Bored of you.

Bye Bye.

OR...

Ha ha!

What? Would proper punctuation help make your point? Please include your dissertation on anarchy.

Proper punctuation? I'm an anarchsit! Remember?
TomServo

Postby burningquestions » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:19 am

TomServo wrote:
burningquestions wrote:
Eric wrote:

Bored of you.

Bye Bye.

OR...

Ha ha!

burningquestions

Postby TomServo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:22 am

Sure, dipshit
TomServo

Postby burningquestions » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:25 am

TomServo wrote:
burningquestions wrote:
TomServo wrote:
burningquestions wrote:
Eric wrote:

Bored of you.

Bye Bye.

OR...

Ha ha!

Proper punctuation? I'm an anarchsit! Remember?

Ha ha! Have a great night! Rock on brother!
burningquestions

Postby Fire_Moose » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:31 am

burningquestions wrote:If you folks could find a private farmer to agree to hosting this party you would gain much more "freedom" credibility. We could walk around naked, smoke pot, light off fireworks, ride motorcycles... Of course that brings up a completely new set of problems such as insurance, liability, etc. But it would cut out the MAN.

There are things called "regionals"...and i dunno about too many of them but that's how ours are..of course, if you go around putting people in danger by shooting yer fireworks into crowds from yer quad you will be asked to leave/force-ably removed.

You realize that anarchy can never work right? HUmans (as a whole) cannot handle having no rules and many cannot call out someone who needs to be called out.
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby AntiM » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:34 am

George Hayduke thinks you're all a bunch of pussies. Regards, MaggieMayDay.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby TomServo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:18 am

AntiM wrote:George Hayduke thinks you're all a bunch of pussies. Regards, MaggieMayDay.

George Hayduke is senile. Too much time in Vietnam...
TomServo

Postby Parasitoid » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:16 am

Yes on the fun. But in my scenario I could walk around naked while lighting off fireworks. And I could could leave camp to ride my motorcycles and come back in without a fee. Check out Chuck-E-Cheese Pizza and any concert/sporting event-It's called a hand stamp. :wink:

In reality you can do whatever you want, you just aren't willing to accept the consequences of what will happen when you do.
Parasitoid

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy