DJ/music schedule or general info on who will be there?

Postby Rice » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:08 am

stretch80 wrote:Um, as far as I know, there isn't one!!

I was not aware that this was a music festival...

Ok, I was wrong about there not being a list!! http://rockstarlibrarian.com/

Still don't think my response was snarky ... (again, my opinion ;)) I never seem to make it to anything on anyone's list anyhow, too many distractions, best laid plans and all.

Love Rice

P.S. I have taken ear plugs for three years in a row and never needed them... I am a super light sleeper and even slept through the 07 Monday burning of the man (a friend was pounding on my tent and screaming and I just slept through it). I was on 6:45 & D. Having said that, this burn might be different...
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Salix » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:45 am

The website you posted, rockstarlibrarian.com requires a username and password. Is there a 2010 list? If so, I'd like to know how to access it. :)

Thanks muchly. <3
Salix

Postby Rice » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:52 am

Salix wrote:The website you posted, rockstarlibrarian.com requires a username and password. Is there a 2010 list? If so, I'd like to know how to access it. :)

Thanks muchly. <3

Hmm?? Thats wierd, the site worked when just before I posted the link. There was no request for User name or password.

I am just re-posting a link I found on the eplaya. When (if) it comes back up I will send another post.

Love Rice
Rice

Re: PAUL KALKBRENNER!

Postby avirx » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:06 pm

beepbop wrote:
Jackass wrote:
I don't know about that, I for one will be at the dark party...Hard to find but well worth it when you do!! Last year I went out there, Paul Oakenfold was there! It was slammin'!!!!

As an avid listener of berlin's minimal/IDM/techno scene I have to say Paul Kalkbrenner is PRISTINE! He's absolutely the best-his announcement sealed the deal for me to come to BM 2010. I dislike Top 40 edm. Imo, oakenfold is cheesy.

I'm with you, as I am an avid listenter/traveller to Berlin's music scene. Which is why I asked the question. Please do keep up any updates of who else of interest may be found and what night! It sure does help the experience to be moved to the soul with the right music on the desert at sunrise.
avirx

Postby Jackass » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:47 pm

avirx wrote:
beepbop wrote:
Jackass wrote:
I don't know about that, I for one will be at the dark party...Hard to find but well worth it when you do!! Last year I went out there, Paul Oakenfold was there! It was slammin'!!!!

As an avid listener of berlin's minimal/IDM/techno scene I have to say Paul Kalkbrenner is PRISTINE! He's absolutely the best-his announcement sealed the deal for me to come to BM 2010. I dislike Top 40 edm. Imo, oakenfold is cheesy.

I'm with you, as I am an avid listenter/traveller to Berlin's music scene. Which is why I asked the question. Please do keep up any updates of who else of interest may be found and what night! It sure does help the experience to be moved to the soul with the right music on the desert at sunrise.

Dark party's where it's at, don't be fools!!!
Jackass

Postby Salix » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Maybe whomever can access the Rockstar Librarian website can re-post the list elsewhere? Or email it to me? It's so weird that some can access it and others can't.

Cheers. :)
Salix

Postby mphotog » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:21 am

would love to have access to rockstar's website too. please keep me posted. <3
mphotog

Postby thebrund » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:47 pm

link -> http://www.utahraves.com/showthread.php?t=20921&page=1

line-up..... BASSCAMP!!!
Bassnectar
FreQ Nasty
Meat Katie
MiMoSa
SPL
Elite Force
Zodiac Cartel
Jackal & Hyde (Digital Mix)
Filthy Rich
The Scumfrog
4 Star Generals
An-Ten-Ae
Vibe Squad
Dylan Rhymes
Trill Bass
Eprom
Ill Gates
Marty Party
Heyoka
Mochipet
Ishe
David Starfire
Babylon System
Noah-D
Knoah Know One
Djunya
Odissi
R/D
Kitty-D
Merlyn Martin
Huggie
Illoom
Metaphase
LDD
Max Ulless
Subaddiction
Nova Tron
NTRLD
Nate Metro w/ VJ Soss
V2 Allstars

MORE HEADLINERS & FULL WEEK LINE UP AND TIMES WILL BE ANNOUNCED AUGUST 1ST!!!
Success is not the key to happiness.
Happiness is the key to success.
If you love what you are doing you will be successfull!

-Albert Schweitzer
thebrund

Postby Rice » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:53 pm

mphotog wrote:would love to have access to rockstar's website too. please keep me posted. <3

Hi all,

The site seems to be back online!! (http://rockstarlibrarian.com/)

Just tested the site and it worked for me (I'm coming online from Canada)... If people are still having issues I could contact the author and possibly republish the info.

According to the website, there will be a Sound Camp Calendar available late August.

Love Rice
Rice

Postby psychoalpha » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:41 am

Man, I've missed Bassnectar so many times. Seems entirely awesome and appropriate that my (hopefully, anyway) first time will be at Burning Man!!
psychoalpha

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Anita Cocktail

Postby VeganChoirGirl » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:09 pm

OK! So, my two cents.

I REALLY love not knowing what's going on. If I happen upon something I like...I go listen/participate.

Although...Nate...I didn't know about the printable sched thing...it's tempting.
Finally moving to SF...can't WAIT!
VeganChoirGirl

Postby Rice » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:33 pm

VeganChoirGirl wrote:OK! So, my two cents.

I REALLY love not knowing what's going on. If I happen upon something I like...I go listen/participate.

Although...Nate...I didn't know about the printable sched thing...it's tempting.

That is how I feel as well... Random discoveries are amazing :)

My first two burns I looked at the schedule, planned to go and never seemed to make it. Last year I didn't even open the schedule.
Rice

Postby slvrnmph » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:30 pm

The rockstarlibrarian list is not yet posted. I promise to post a direct link once the list is available. I wouldn't expect to see it until a couple of weeks before it's time to head for the playa.
( \_/)
(O.o)
(< >)
slvrnmph

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Finnegan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:22 pm

I have printed out various guides in the past, only to absolutely miss every damn event on them. That's how it goes, for me anyway. I suggest wandering out into the playa, and listening. When you hear something that sounds good, walk in that direction. I find the best stuff that way.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby slvrnmph » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:31 pm

I will admit that no matter my planning that is almost never what I actually do on the playa. But I still enjoy the planning (helps me get my pre-burn fix) and I enjoy facilitating other's planning. So I make an unofficial placement list and spread the word of my dear friend's music list.
( \_/)
(O.o)
(< >)
slvrnmph

Postby Mansoon » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Well, chances are you'll be pretty exhausted, so that would prob help. Try to find some good earplugs comfy enough to sleep in, and/or some noise-canceling headphones. And the father out you are, the less boomboom you're likely to hear. Though, if you get too far out, a bike will be a life AND timesaver if you need to run around (making it easier to do more things in the limited time available. it goes TOO quick
Mansoon

Postby dj_john69 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:03 pm

ROOT SOCIETY LINE UP:

Underground - DJ Lineup
http://www.jefrtale.com/underground2010.htm

Yoshiwara - DJ Lineup
http://www.jefrtale.com/yoshiwara2010.htm

Tower of Babel - DJ Lineup
http://www.jefrtale.com/towerofbabel2010.htm
Fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you !!
dj_john69

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Osiris & BRS

Postby dj_john69 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:07 pm

BASSCAMP:

dj_john69

Postby Kaplow820 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:42 am

Jackass wrote:
beepbop wrote:PAUL KALKBRENNER is playing at Root Society from Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 9:00pm - 12:00am

Seriously, forget tiesto, PK is sublime! See for yourself. This is him, playing his music in the film:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bal5Rdjj ... re=related

Idk man, I've been to ultra, and thats a good place to see all those mainstream DJs, which aren't bad at all, but here at Burning Man, I want to check out dj's and stuff that i've never heard of or seen before, i've seen tiesto and oakenfold before, but w/e it is , it'll be all good!
Kaplow820

Postby dnightshade » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:49 pm

What's the bit on the bottom of Root society page... http://www.jefrtale.com/underground2010.htm

About it being their last burn ever?
dnightshade

PLEASE HELP SECURE SLOT!!

Postby ccesco212 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:51 am

Hello Fellow Burners!
My name is Franccesco half of the Production DJ Duo from Miami FL known as SanedracHunter. We are currently looking to secure time slots out on the playa. Please feel free tocheck out our site and Music.

http://www.sanedrachunter.com

Please feel free to forward our site to whome ever you feel would enjoy it. Also if anyone happens to have any info on any camps looking for quality music please contact at

sanedrachunter@gmail.com

Once again Thank you in advance and we are looking forward to sharing our art with everyone out on the Playa.
Much Love
ccesco212

lineup 2010

Postby rockstarlibrarian » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:28 am

I do in fact post the list... and it is as accurate as the playa scheduling can be... nothing is permanent or set in stone in the desert, but that being said, had Daft Punk ACTUALLY been playing, I'd have known about it. damn how peoples loves them some playa urban legends. I CAN tell you that Crystal Method AND one the members of Way Out West *will* in fact be out there this year... so stay tuned! kate
"Fall in love with your library. It’s the easiest relationship you’ll ever have."
rockstarlibrarian

Re: lineup 2010

Postby dj_john69 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:00 pm

rockstarlibrarian wrote:I do in fact post the list... and it is as accurate as the playa scheduling can be... nothing is permanent or set in stone in the desert, but that being said, had Daft Punk ACTUALLY been playing, I'd have known about it. damn how peoples loves them some playa urban legends. I CAN tell you that Crystal Method AND one the members of Way Out West *will* in fact be out there this year... so stay tuned! kate

You rock by the way !! I have been using your list for a few years now and love it !! Much thanks to you for doing that for us. =)
dj_john69

Postby dj_john69 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:11 pm

dnightshade wrote:What's the bit on the bottom of Root society page... http://www.jefrtale.com/underground2010.htm

About it being their last burn ever?

RS is taking some time off after 8 years. They will be back with an art car or something down the road.
dj_john69

Re: awwww

Postby Worthy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:54 pm

avirx wrote:thanks guys!

No I am not going to burning man JUST to hear specific dj's. I have also done lots and lots of research, looked at pictures, read blogs etc and really do get it. I would just love to see Troy Pierce or Magda, for example, if they happen to be there again! Not a huge deal if not, as I wander around 'with an open mind'. ;-)

see ya'll there

check out Nexus on Wednesday night, It is going to be house and techno all night long, definitely some heavy hitters in there. I have not seen the line up yet, I'm sure it will be out soon enough.
Worthy

Re: awwww

Postby HIC808 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:52 am

[quote="Worthy"][quote="avirx"]thanks guys!

No I am not going to burning man JUST to hear specific dj's. I have also done lots and lots of research, looked at pictures, read blogs etc and really do get it. I would just love to see Troy Pierce or Magda, for example, if they happen to be there again! Not a huge deal if not, as I wander around 'with an open mind'. ;-)

see ya'll there[/quote]

check out Nexus on Wednesday night, It is going to be house and techno all night long, definitely some heavy hitters in there. I have not seen the line up yet, I'm sure it will be out soon enough.[/quote]
there will be awesome things all over .. but yeah troy will prob come by . poss. lee burridge . will know soon .. its bm. everyone will be anywhere at any given time .. just gotta be lucky :)
_____________>our camp

The TETROPOLIS

conveniently located in a place where we can be really loud 24/7

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/eve ... 162&ref=ts

ill be playing with some local hawaii talent .
www.asylumafterhours.com
+ more

____
@worthy . you will be next to us. see if justin wants come over too . loic or willis might have already talked to you guys . just follow the giant tetris structure + music
HIC808

Postby dj_john69 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:36 pm

dj_john69

Postby loic808 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:36 am

lol HI-C confusing post...

Not sure about Magda and Troy this year, but we will definitely have some great DJs playing at The Tetropolis...
Our big party will be held thursday day into friday morning. Most likely starting around noon thursday. Still trying to confirm a few more DJs, but here is who is confirmed so far:

Seth Troxler
Bill Patrick
Lee Foss (Hot Natured)
Jamie Jones (Hot Natured - unconfirmed)
Justin Martin
Worthy
Nikita
Hoj
Michalangelo
Mr. C (unconfirmed)
Asylum/Tetropolis Residents

Still hoping to hear back from Cassy, Lee Burridge and Desyn Masiello, should know by the end of the week if they can squeeze us in their busy playa schedules.

So if sexy, deep, dark, minimal, techy, house and techno music is your jam, come by The Teropolis thursday located on the Esplanade and 9:30, just look for the giant Tetris art installation.
loic808

Postby telekelly » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:20 am

Just found this lineup for Camp ?uestionmark on an event on Facebook. Times are on the flyer pdf on the link.

Camp ?uestionmark

9:00 and Athens

[url]http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150467084970641[/url]

(THURSDAY)

Todays question is..."???wHAt CaN (((BASS))) dO??"
On this day Camp? will explore the new uncharted areas of bass that have just been discovered. Join us & see how much influence your participation brings to the music. Dance & celebrate to the feeling that connects us to sound. Besides our Auditory Eargasm Sub Wave Manipulators we will have art, fire dancers/performers, questions,& questions &, games, visuals,comfort, joy, & more!

some of the
Auditory Eargasm Sub Wave Manipulators...

~ILL GAtes (muti music)

~Nasty Nasty (frite night/planet mu)

~Ribotto (flying skulls/symbiosis)

~Willy Whompa (dbs)

~Skulltrane (mallabel/cuttydubz)

~Nit Grit (Xenophorm)

~Pressha (bass drop music, ece)

~Porkchop (rbc/dirty beats/hellefante)

~Lotus Drops (goddess womp/street ritual)

~Earthsteppa (street ritual)

~My Pet Monster

*~just added~*Outersect (symbiosis)

~??maybe a few more???...
-----------------------------------------
*SATURDAY (burn night)*

???Where Is The Future Of Sound???

Here.
This year some questionmarkers have been working on taking music farther & applying it to the desert & us. Come soak in the sounds created for you...here. We will be doing our best to use the energy of this burn night to inspire the music & drive the culture forward. We will also have art, fire performances, questions, games, visuals, & more...........questions

Say Hello To The Future...

~Mochipet (daly city records)

~NTRLD (Double Drop)

~Ultraviolet (redline/stateside)

~Chris B (portal patch)

~Bogl (soundpieces/symbiosis)

~Dub Pirates (raindaince/subwize/primitive science)

~Dr. Dylon (wobble factory)

~Clint Samples (housewrecked)

~Minnesotta (MetaMethod, SC Dubstep)

~fa sho some more on this day, more details n stuff comin...
telekelly

Postby slvrnmph » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:02 am

The music calendar isn't up yet, but the new improved www.rockstarlibrarian.com website is. While we attempt to wait patiently for the skinny on this years tunes, head over and share some of your playa music memories.
( \_/)
(O.o)
(< >)
slvrnmph

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 Art & Performance