Feed the Artists needs YOU to sign up to host Artists!

Feed the Artists needs YOU to sign up to host Artists!

Postby squishelle » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:08 pm

:::::Calling All Theme Camps:::::

We at Feed the Artists are getting down to the wire of matching up our wonderful and dedicated artists with the lovely and generous early entry theme camps in the Burning Man Community. For those of you who are still not familiar with what we do please read the brief explanation below.

We can assure you that as a participating theme camp the experience of inviting an artist group to your camp for dinner will prove to be rewarding, fun, and stimulating. Most of our feedback from the theme camps in the past has been exuberant and overflowing with positive comments about the rewards of serving such a creative group of folks.

The process is really easy! Just go to www.feedtheartists.net and register as a theme camp. Then you’ll be able to pick the artist group(s) and date(s) that you would like to host from the Artist Availability Chart, and bam! ... You’re in the FtA business.

The Burn is only five short weeks away and many artists have already been invited to dinners. You don’t want your favorite artist eating out of a can after only four hours of sleep, that’s just not right, so log on and sign up. You’ll be glad you did.

FtA is a Communal Art Grant through food; an opportunity for the Burning Man community, as represented by its theme camps, to support the artists who make Burning Man so special, by granting them the gift of nourishment, camaraderie, support, and appreciation.

Most of the artists work their asses off during setup week with little time for interaction outside of their own crews or even nutritious eating. So we figured with the gift of a simple heartfelt meal, the BM community could support its artists and help insure that they're not completely burned out by the time burn week rolls around. And the best part is that over the last three years, the theme camps that have participated have enjoyed the experience even more than the artists!!!

For any further questions about what we do at Feed the Artists or how to sign up please email us at communications@feedtheartists.net or contact Shiloh at 323-350-1618.

Cheers,
Feed the Artists
1/4 of BM Regional Contacts for Vancouver, BC
Years at BRC: 10, started Burning in 2000
vancouver@burningman.com
www.facebook.com/groups/BurningVan/
squishelle

Postby geekster » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Man, I want to say something REALLY snarky right about now.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby Xak » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:44 am

"Man, I want to say something REALLY snarky right about now."

PLEASE Do!
How much of your life do you spend looking forward to being somewhere
else?

-Matthew Flickstein, "Journey to the Center"
Xak

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:54 am

Do you think an art festival in the desert would exist without artists?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby C.f.M. » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:57 am

I'm an artist!

How do I know where to take my spork?
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby HandJamMasterC » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:37 pm

I'm looking forward to meeting new people this way, and I like cooking for folks ( although I might not be able to pull off my usual 7 course wine pairing dinner on the playa ). This is a great idea. Camp D.O.A. is already signed up. Can't wait ! 8)
HandJamMasterC

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby squishelle » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:16 am

YAY, so exciting to feel the momentum build!

ARTISTS:
if u are going to be on playa pre-event to set up ur art, please do sign up on our website!
we're doing our best to encourage theme camps to sign up & invite artists, so if you know of any, tell them about us!

the process is really easy! Just go to www.feedtheartists.net and register!

let me know directly if you have any questions.

squishelle@feedtheartists.net
vancouver@burningman.com
squishelle

Postby squishelle » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:18 am

And here's our latest Communiqué!

Feed the Artists needs a big push!

:::::THEME CAMPS:::::
We've got lots of Artists signed up and need MORE THEME CAMPS to take on the fabulous joy of feeding them!
If you are or know anyone who will be on playa pre-burn & who could host an artist, please talk to them, call them, ask them to check this out!
They don't have to be a theme camp per see, anyone who's out there early is encouraged to mingle with the artists.

There are artists groups in numbers ranging from ONE to THIRTY, so even if you can only invite 2-5 people to dinner, that's a huge blessing to the artists.

An artist group who just signed up said:
"Our meals last year were not only a highlight of our build, but also really contributed a lot to our efforts to putting up the installation. Such a wonderful contribution! : )"

You can check out all of the Artists waiting to be invited to dinner here: http://tinyurl.com/FtAArtistsAvailabilityChart

:::::KICKSTARTER:::::
As part of the FtA program, our own camp has over 50 volunteers who put in loads of time to create a unique and special environment for the Artists we will be hosting, during 4 amazing dinners, where we hope to feed over 500 artists. But these are not normal dinners on the playa! With gourmet food cooked by volunteer professional chefs, multi-course meals, and incredible entertainment. We are therefore seeking to raise money to fund our on-playa dinners, including costs associated with food and beverage, shwag such as medallions to gift the artists, transportation, refrigeration, infrastructure, waste disposal, decor and entertainment.

If you cannot participate in the program itself, it would be so helpful to us to receive any donation towards our efforts.
Everything we produce, from the food to the frolicking entertainment, is a deep and heartfelt expression of appreciation for the artists and all the beautiful people who are our guests.

We have 11 days to go to reach our goal, with 27 Backers, $2,375 pledged of a $4,250 goal. Please visit --> http://kck.st/9cpNcB.

Also, upcoming FtA events in the SF Bay Area are listed at the EVENTS tab of the FtA page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Feed-The- ... 3762805543
UPCOMING EVENTS:
â–º Sun August 8 : Metropolis" Screening at Catalyst SF
â–º Wed August 11 RUFFLES & TRUFFLES @ supperclub sf

Thank you again for your time.

Feed the Artists
http://kck.st/9cpNcB
http://www.feedtheartists.net
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Feed-The- ... 3762805543
vancouver@burningman.com
squishelle

Postby geekster » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:35 am

Not all theme camps have communal kitchens. But, if someone can't get their art placed on playa, maybe a theme camp could place their piece in their camp. We let some Canadians place a piece (Love Knot) in our camp last year.

Hey, I hear there is a fancy kitchen over by first camp!

They serve shrimp, though, so be careful.
geekster

Postby HandJamMasterC » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:57 am

You don't necessarily need a " communal kitchen ", just a good BBQ, some salad and some good wine !!
HandJamMasterC

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby geekster » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:44 am

Yeah, so my beef-a-roni and canned asparagus washed down with Pabst probably won't cut it.
geekster

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:09 am

Bumpity bump bump
Galaxo Magic

Return to 2010 Theme Camps