Power To The Playa... From Germany!

Postby curiousgnate » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:15 pm

Really people. You are buying this bullshit? really?
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby kvon » Fri May 07, 2010 9:05 am

Hello to everyone,
I have just a few moments, to pass some good, and, some "interesting" news.

First;
We have been approved, and, receiving funded for the next phase of testing.
This will be a larger scale project, with some cost saving measures, but, still should provide valuable test information, and, as importantly, data related to construction and logistics, for our (hopefully), full scale test, on, your playa.

Secondly;
This is interesting, in that the financial controllers, have accepted and, included, a small group of highly motivated investors.
We have little information much regarding their background or interest, but, know they seem to have much funding, and, may be Russian and Greek.

We infer this, due to the fact, they are proposing next phase testing, in Greece, in an area that is supposedly very similar to your playa, geologically and climatically. And, that, they have asked if anyone on the team speaks or understand Russian.

As a team, we are very curious regarding this turn of events, questioning the change to a location other than our established testing location.
And, the seeming control they are attempting to exert over our project.

Also,
the "power station" idea, proposed my MrJellyfishMister, has been accepted by the "site committee".

My mentor and I have begun discussing our hopeful attendance of your event, and, researching here on "Eplaya" the conditions and challenges we may face.
We are hoping, if, we can not answer our own questions, to post questions in the appropriate topic here.

thank you all for your continued support and interest in our project, and, it's hopeful application during your event.

K
KVH
kvon

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Fri May 07, 2010 11:55 am

I hope it all works out. Would be cool to "see".

be sure to read the Survival Guide forwards and backwards, until you can quote it verbatim.

check out the Q&A section (on the main Eplaya page)

specifically;

tents - viewtopic.php?t=33615

greywater - viewtopic.php?t=12911

wind issues - viewtopic.php?t=33484

and for all Artists and Creator;

American with Disabilities Act (ADA) thread - viewtopic.php?t=32889
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed May 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Just a quick note to those following this that Kvon, and I are finalizing our agreements for getting our new German friends and their groundbreaking power technology out to the playa as an integral part of the Ein Hammer project. Should be an official announcement soon. Thanks for your patience, everyone.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby kvon » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:54 am

good day to all:

It is with great excitement, I reporting today!!
Our testing for the second time, was successful, and, without problems.
Some very minor issues regards wave stabilization, but, nothing seemingly insurmountable.

Further, with the success of our test, and, great effort on the part of my mentor, we have been approved to try final testing on your playa!!!!
I can not express the excitement we (the team that will be traveling there) are experiencing!!! My mentor, if fact, says she barely sleeps, considering all the potentials, professionally and personally.

We have gotten approvals from the Burning Man LLC organization, and, Bureau of Land Management if the U.S. government.

This was very difficult, in that many stipulations and restrictions were imposed relating to surface and sub-surface activities, storage of excavated materials, and replacement of same. We had no thought of how delicate, must be the environment of your playa, and, the needing to preserve it's appearance. Add to this, our need for secrecy and speed of installation.
We have assured all oversight agencies, all work will be completed, and equipment removed, and as is possible, all traces of surface disturbance obliterated, well before the start of Burning Man.
The Burning Man organization has provided us with map coordinates for the "perimeter fence" and, location of "Ein Hammer" installation, for our power concentration and rectification , as well as central distribution point for power interfaces. We will endeavor to place several "test outlets" aroundyour playa, via direct bury wires. We are not sure how many yet, but, will announce this when decided.

We are indeed indebted to MisterJellyfishMister, and his underlings, for his help coordinating activities and tasks on the site. His staff has been invaluable.
All on site and North American logistic and co ordinations are being handled, by MisterJellyfishMister and his staff. That has been a great relief to us here, since, we have not knowledge of how your systems and
political departments operate.
One can imagine this entire project not being possible with his help.

Thank you, MisterJellyfishMister!!

On a personal note:
Again, I must thank all who have contacted me, for offers of help.
Those people have been invaluable in our quest.
And, I apologize for not being able to answer all requests and messages......combining what was a very strictly controlled ability to communicate with outside people, and, my busy schedule, some messages were just forgotten.
It is my hope to meet some of you on your playa to relate the circumstances........I will hope to have some amount of time to wander your playa, and ,interact. As, my mentor see fit and allows time for recreating. We have much work there and a limited time, so, she will undoubtedly have strict controls of our activities. Which, is as necessary, for the success of our project. Which, is of paramount importance.

In closing, I again apologize for such a lengthy post, but, am so excited and feel there is so much I wish to share with the eplaya community, that, I sometimes get carried away.

And, please, if you will, direct all inquiries and North American assistance to MisterJellyfishMister, he is now our coordinator there. He will pass on needed information to my mentor, if necessary.

K
KVH
kvon

Postby ygmir » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:18 am

good news, Kvon!!!!

we'll look forward to seeing you all.........and meeting in person.

will you all be wearing badges of some sort?
I'm hoping I'll recognize your mentor, from what I've gleaned, she sounds divine......

is this close?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:42 am

Congratulations and don't forget to stop by for some cold PBR!
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:30 pm

dragonfly Jafe wrote:Congratulations and don't forget to stop by for some cold PBR!

Don't do it, KVON! PBR stands for Foot Bath River! Yes, we love our weak beer on the playa. Perhaps you Germans can show us how to drink properly?

Thanks for your kind mention-- we are certainly doing what we can for you while keeping a balance in building our art project. Burning Man is strange and beautiful and you all will have a wunderbar time!

Be well and do strange things!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Risky » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:33 pm

Good Timing - Next week I was off to get another generator.

Congrats!
Risky

Postby kvon » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:56 pm

hello to all,
I have some time this evening, to peruse the board, to learn more of your festival, and, about your playa.
I am reading with much interest many threads, and, their varied content.
I find it interesting how, a thread will start with one subject, and, in very short order the discussion is totally different.
Is this as normal the way these discussions are held?

I also post here, to report, material acquisitions are proceeding ahead of schedule, and, to our delight, below original budget. With the help of our friend MisterJellyfishMister, and, his associates, we are proceeding well.

We now are in the process of determining how many power receptacles we will be able to distribute on your playa, and, a method to avoiding overload of them if participants choose to attempt to draw power during synchronization episodes.
Of course, if they are able to coordinate their power draw with the synchronization, it will then lock the fields in parallel phase and power will be available for the duration of draw.

We will provide an instruction as to the procedure used to draw power at exactly the correct point in synchronization, in order to allow the fields to be locked.
It is our hope to create a simple mechanism, to indicate wave frequency and timing, so as to allow a visual key to the point when all are synchronized, and therefore, available for use.
The amount of power, will also be dependent on the number of users and loads at any given time.
Our experience has been, if overloaded, the wave form will disassociate and return to random patterning, requiring re-coupling at the correct point of synchronization.

DragonflyJafe:
Thank you for your kind offer of PBR. I will sample it, but, am somewhat suspicious of a prank. If MisterJellyfishMister warns of "foot bath" and weak beer, it is as though a joke may be had at my expense. Nevertheless I will accept your offer, in good spirited fun.

Risky:
I must say, you may want to search for your new generator. As much as we hope to provide a substantial amount of power, and, be able to rectify it with consistency to meet your north American power grid specifications, it is impossible to determine the actual ability we will have to provide all that is needed on a long term basis. This is one part of our testing. I appreciate your confidence in our mechanism, but, one must be pragmatic as relates to expected outcomes.

Ygmir:

Thank you for the congratulations.
We will be wearing some sort of identification, but are not sure at this point what it will be.

I find it interesting, (and assume it is done with humor in mind), the photo you post in reference to my mentor.
Although, I have not seen her dressed in that manner, there is a striking resemblance to her.
I'm sure, when and if she reads your post, she will be flattered.

K
KVH
kvon

Exciting

Postby dewnorth » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Kvon, this is all very exciting! I very much hope to meet you!

You could surprise us all with your identification on your clothing. But before you take any recommendations for clothing, be sure to look up "shirtcocking" on ePlaya. :wink:
dewnorth

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:47 pm

curiousgnate wrote:Really people. You are buying this bullshit? really?

We have faith in marvelous Teutonick engineering. Soon indeed, you too shall be a believer!!!

Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Re: Exciting

Postby ygmir » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:28 pm

dewnorth wrote:Kvon, this is all very exciting! I very much hope to meet you!

You could surprise us all with your identification on your clothing. But before you take any recommendations for clothing, be sure to look up "shirtcocking" on ePlaya. :wink:

well, there goes my prank...................

damn you dewnorth..............

yeah, curiousgnate, what Dougly said............
hell, maybe it'll liquefy the whole playa, and, well end up......

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby oscillator » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:14 pm

kvon wrote:I find it interesting how, a thread will start with one subject, and, in very short order the discussion is totally different.

There is is a common ailment known as Playa Attention Deficit Disorder (PADD) that afflicts all citizens of the Playa come Burn time.

And this is, after all, ePlaya.

\osc
oscillator

Postby ygmir » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:15 pm

oscillator wrote:
kvon wrote:I find it interesting how, a thread will start with one subject, and, in very short order the discussion is totally different.

There is is a common ailment known as Playa Attention Deficit Disorder (PADD) that afflicts all citizens of the Playa come Burn time.

And this is, after all, ePlaya.

\osc

speak for yourself.........I never drift a thread............

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby kvon » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:07 am

hello to all,

I am having time for report that we may have found a simple mechanism for indicating wave timing, and therefore synchronicity;

One of our technicians discovered that as the waves progress through the mechanism, they broadcast an energetic signal at a certain, and detectable frequency and wavelength. This, has allowed us to create a simple receiving mechanism.
We are now attempting to detremine the distance allowed for receiver from the mechanism, (so enough energy can be captured to fire an L.E.D.) so, as each wave passes and transmitted energy peaks at a given receiver/antennae, it will initiate a flash within the L.E.D. to allow for visual timing of each waves passage.
As they can be differentiated by the wavelength and frequency, thereby allowing only one L.E.D. to fire with the passage of each wave "peak" it is tuned at.

For us, this is exciting news, it will allow people (general and normal) to watch as the events unfold within our mechanism, under the playa.
Our only concern, is how far the energy of the emission will travel and still allow L.E.D. to flash/fire.

We have a system, utilizing 3 waves (or phases) in our mechanism.
Our hope, is, if the energy will transmit far enough, that 3 colored L.E.D. lights will be on any particular power station, each flashing as it's associated wave form passes.
This will allow, for a "user" to observe the timing of waves, and, at the moment all 3 synchronize, to lock that power station into synchronicity and stabilize power transmission.
The key, seems to be the ability to time power draw to synchronized waves.
This has been difficult in initial testing, to being done by a person. Timing is very critical. Most successes have been achieved, only using ones ability to time the flashing L.E.D. lights, as if through accident. Although, one of our technicians seems quite adept at this.

Unfortunately,it is impractical to install one of our mechanisms for this at each power station, due to expense and logistics as well as power requirements.

Ygmir:
It should not be concern that our mechanism will "liquefy" your playa.
It was minor concerning, by our geologic consultant. Relating to the water table, substructure, and material content and composition of your playa, but, by her calculations, the resonance and power of the shock wave traveling within our mechanism, should be safely below any threshold of liquefaction of overlying strata.

and, I see you joking regarding your ability to "drift" a thread......to us here, you seem quite adept at this.

Oscillator:
thank you for your concern pointing out the affliction of Burners. It not only seems true, but is very good joke.

Ugly Dougly:
As I see joke you make, I also appreciate, (as do we all here), your confidence in our project.

dewnorth:
thank you for the warning of "shirtcocking"........it is funny this habit some on your playa seem to have. I have read about it in other threads, and, find I will not engage in that sort of actions.

I would assume, one of our teams leaders would certainly discover my activity and punish me for transgressing regards decorum of our personnel and rules pertaining to our allowed to interactions with the playa participants.
We must at all times, maintain our professional appearances pertaining to our project, and, if successful, our being allowed to return in the future. This according to our oversight committee on our public perceptions and actions.
KVH
kvon

Postby Token » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:50 am

Dear Kvon,

Though we are excited about your LED discovery I must say that the visual that it represents will not be sufficient for the type of environment you will be in.

The LED needs to feed the gate of a power FET transistor which will have a high flow propane solenoid valve connected into the drain. The solenoid valve is then used in a high volume propane cannon instaled at the power station. When the LED lights up, the propane cannon shoots a giant fireball above the power station for everyone to see.

This is how it is done on the Playa.
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby curiousgnate » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Brilliance Token! Brilliance!
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby ygmir » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:08 pm

I wish I could think so clearly..................
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Dearest Token, we're building one just as you specify. May we call it Ein Hammer?

Thank you, Kvon. I can tell you are becoming excited. I just returned from the playa and sent you a PM with the tracking code on for the shipping of the core samples we discussed. I'm pleased to say that the playa surface is hard and crunchy, perfect for bike riding initially, and will yield well to the heavier components for the Ein Hammer installation. I will await your suggested measurements to keep the heavier components within safe proximity of your dig site so your bracing is sure to hold.

AS for the LED indicators, please tell me if I'm misunderstanding. It reads like people may have to watch the lights and time the pulse wave just to plug in an appliance and get power. Many, including me, would simply give up on the hairdryer and use a towel or whatever at that point. One thing I've learned about user interface and interactive installations: Keep it simple as pie or the kids will find something else to play with before you can see "Ein Hammer".

Be well and eat your strudel,

-Jellyfish.
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby gyre » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Hair dryer?
gyre

Postby ygmir » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:06 am

you know he can't admit what it really is............there are image considerations here, you know.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby gyre » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:13 am

2% humidity out there.

I'm dry before I can grab a towel.
gyre

Postby ygmir » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:18 am

I hate wasting obtuse humor............hahhaaa

*slaps forehead*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby gyre » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:22 am

So you're thinking....hitachi?
gyre

Postby ygmir » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:11 am

hibachi..........I'm hungry
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby kvon » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:56 pm

hello to all,

We, the on-site team, are all very excited to be coming to your playa, now, in just a matter of two weeks!!
Those of us on the installation team, must be there early, to help with and oversee the workers as the underground installation takes place, for ensure accuracy and integrity of the work.

We have had strange communication, from a group of "Black Rock City" concerned citizens (this is how they describing themselves).
They are group named:

People Involved in Maintaining Perfect Love of Earth energies.

This is how they wrote the title.
I post it here, wondering if it has a meaning, that might be recognized by someone here on your eplaya.

They describe themselves and their activities as "warriors who protect the sublime energies of the playa and her people"

We are somewhat concerning, because, they have stated they will disrupt our installation and equipment, as well as our operations, if we indeed proceed forward with our project.
It is their contention, that, we will somehow "disrupt the flow of ethereal energies" (quote) of the playa and participants, if we do indeed succeed in producing our power waves, synchronizing, and distributing the power to the surface, and users.
I am not sure what they indicate by "ethereal energies", and, how it pertains to humans.
Nevertheless, we are taking this threat quite seriously, and, have contacted several of your oversight and law enforcement agencies, describing this issue.
Much to our chagrin, the agencies that have replied, have stated they have no will to help us guard or protect our system, and, will only act after any damage or injury will be accomplished.......and, then, only if a serious nature.

I am wondering, if, any of you here would have ideas of how to dealing with these people?

We do not wish to transgress, regarding your laws and, have no intention to harm anyone, or, their energies.
But, we do have all intentions to carry out our experiment and testing.

Token:
I am happy for your taking an interested in our project, and suggestion alternative indicators. I must politely decline your offer and suggestions, though, as my mentor has strictly forbidden me from changing any parameters or specifications for our work.

MisterJellyfishMister:
We so very much appreciating the help with core samples and arranging housing for our advance team in Reno, Nevada.
I am wondering, though, what is it your assistant refers to regarding visiting some ranch in the area?
Is this a tour for wildlife or domestic animals, or, to see how your "old west" existed?
It is a very generous offer. I will ask my mentor if we are allowed recreation time. She has been very strict regarding our work schedules.
Not to worry, strudel is a treat for us, we are happy to eat .

Gyre:
I am afraid, I can not understand your question.
can you clarify this for me?

Ygmir:
it seems you may have knowledge regarding Gyres query. If he is unable to respond, will you be so kind to helping me understand, so I may respond?

It may be I will not have time, before my arrival in your Reno Nevada to post here on eplaya again.
I will attempt to post upon my arrival in your country, and, if perchance I am able to meet any of you in person, that would be wonderful.
KVH
kvon

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:26 am

bump
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

All is well with Kvon and crew

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:06 am

theCryptofishist wrote:bump

Thanks, Crypto, "bump" indeed!

Sorry I have not kept my promise to Kvon and the German crew of updating on their behalf. I should have really delegated somebody else on the Ein Hammer crew to do it as I have been pretty distracted leading the final tag and bag for our art installation and everybody is busy as one-armed paper hangars. So here's the update:

Kvon and his early crew arrived in Reno on Tuesday, July 27th and some of us met them at the airport and arranged transportation to their hotel. What a bunch of lovely people! We drank German beer together well into the night and it almost seamed that they got even more polite and respectful as we all started to get our drunk on. Well, maybe they can just drink us under the table, but we had our laughs at their expense too.

There is a huge problem with their equipment being held in customs who can't seem to wrap their mind around shit as they think everything is a plot to destroy the world. Kvon has their German legal team working on it and we're hoping it all will be released soon for transportation to the playa.

I assured Kvon that what he received as a threat from that "save the playa whales" organization was either a farce or will never manifest past a couple of whiners showing up. I've never heard of them, but he's a worrier like me. He's also a prince of a man, more intrigued by the spirit and culture of Burning Man than the rest. They all love him and I can see his excitement is becoming contagious. When I inquired about their "mentor", the female leader, they all get very quiet and look down at their shoes. Here's hoping she lightens up once she arrives and we get her to the playa.

I hope their equipment gets released from customs before half of them become casino gambling addicts. Something tells me their camp will look like that of the Belgians that built The Waffle (can't remember real name), with matching tents and efficient German layout. The men are handsome, strapping and kind and the women are... beautiful!-- and oh, those heavy accents! *swoon*. Heaven help our new German friends as their playa adventures unfold!

Lastly, my crew leads with Ein Hammer have assured me that our end of the deal is fully on track, with skylights in the ground so you can see the underground turbine and those working on it, and also that our art installation will enhance but not impair what Kvon and his crew hope to accomplish: Power To The Playa... From Germany!

Heeeeere we go!
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby ygmir » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:12 am

thanks for the update, Jelly.
I was beginning to worry, they were traveling with Kaiser helmets and had been nabbed by the TSA............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 Theme Camps