LEO flash mob?

Postby bm_cricket » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:08 pm

EspressoDude wrote:methinks early in the week, when folks have just arrived, and don't have their minds yet into the event, still somewhat in default...OMG busted for parking violations, camping in the wrong place, too much Iliano wear, hair not grungy enuff, over consumption of EL wire, inadequate gifting, etc.

Then there is the 'security' searches...."Are you carrying any loaded weapons? Items of mass destruction? Drugs? Alcohol? "

Camp Nosefish did a Homeland Security gig with roadblocks at 3:00 plaza a few years back and it was a hoot! Real uniforms/white shirts with patches, etc. BLM rangers loved it!

Sounds good too. I really must emphasize that nobody do too good of a job looking like an officer. You need to look enough like one that on first glance you stand out of the crowd but please, for the love of god, don't act too much like one or heads will roll and the usual "burner friendly" law enforcement on the playa will view our amusing flash mob as a problem, not an amusing performance art. As has been pointed out a few times, impersonating an officer is a big deal!
)'(
bm_cricket

Burning Since: 2008

Postby gaminwench » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:34 pm

A couple of years ago, mid-week, preparing dinner in my camper...
Knock on door, I open to find a male and a female cop in full uniform asking to enter. FREAKED ME OUT!! I invited them in, and realized as they squeezed past that she was wearing booty shorts; they had a whole routine, turned out they were friends of a friend doing pranks...AWESOME!
Those first 45-60 seconds were adrenaline pushing, for sure! If it hadn't been for the shorts, I'd have bought it all the way...
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby Bounce530 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:37 am

is this still on/when/where?
What other people think about you is none of your business.
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian Landing pad

Previous

Return to 2010 Art & Performance